Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10th Anniversary and Hero Pack 2 New Content
09-13-2017, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2017 12:01 PM by mqstout.)
RE: 10th Anniversary and Hero Pack 2 New Content
(09-13-2017 12:07 AM)Capey Wrote:  Basically a definite no to an upgrade pack as they wouldn't know what to include and what to leave out from the 10th anniversary edition. Despite everyone asking them for the new characters separately.

That's the same rehearsed reply they gave me when I asked at GenCon. They clearly never thought about it.

It's pretty easy: An upgrade pack would include the characters/scenario, the miniatures for said heroes, and any hero/zombie cards that are entirely *new* (if any?). An upgrade pack wouldn't include wording-tweaking reprints of the HP/ZP (people have the originals; an upgrade pack wouldn't include them), or all the plastic bits (the cardboard ones work fine), or the unified rule book.

Sadly, this is a case of "it's not rocket surgery: it's just an excuse". Zombie24

The part that really makes it move from "bad decision" to "offensive", though, is that the 10th Anniversary Edition is a "limited edition", so only those select few players who buy it during its narrow window will be able to have the complete game. (And most of those people are those who AREN'T long-term fans of the game.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10th Anniversary and Hero Pack 2 New Content - mqstout - 09-13-2017 12:01 PM