Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Always 14 max zombies?
01-21-2013, 12:34 PM
Always 14 max zombies?
If all 14 zombies are on the board, and you gain a hero zombie - must you discard one that's in play? It says in the main rules you can "never have more than 14 zombies on the board at once" under create zombie pool page 7. And on p19 it says "zombie heroes do count when determining how many zombie you have on the board".

I bit the sheriff.. but I did not bite the deputy.

---------------------------------------------------
I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2013, 02:59 PM
RE: Always 14 max zombies?
(01-21-2013 12:34 PM)labrys Wrote:  If all 14 zombies are on the board, and you gain a hero zombie - must you discard one that's in play? It says in the main rules you can "never have more than 14 zombies on the board at once" under create zombie pool page 7. And on p19 it says "zombie heroes do count when determining how many zombie you have on the board".

Ok. You can never have more than 14 'normal' Zombies on the board/Zombie Pool. (Unless the Scenario has the extra rule Zombie Horde 21)

Any other Zombies including Zombie Heroes, Zombie Grave Dead, Zombies with Grave Weapons, Radioactive Grave Dead can be brought on extra! Yes horrible for the Heroes!

All Zombies inc. the extra ones listed above DO count when rolling to spawn. If the Scenario has Zombies Auto-Spawn the Heroes are in for a world of hurt!

To quote Jason C. Hill
'The 'no more than 14 Zombies' is in reference to having 14 Zombies in your Zombie Pool. Zombie Heroes and specialty Zombies (such as Grave Dead from the Growing Hunger expansion) do NOT count against this limit.

Normally you only have 14 Zombies in your Zombie Pool. That means you cannot have more than those 14 normal Zombies on the board, because your pool would be empty. If you have Zombie Heroes, Plague Carriers, Grave Dead, etc. on the board; these are in addition to Zombies from your Zombie Pool.'

Hope this helpsWatchmen02
Find all posts by this user
01-21-2013, 04:26 PM
(01-21-2013 02:59 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  
(01-21-2013 12:34 PM)labrys Wrote:  If all 14 zombies are on the board, and you gain a hero zombie - must you discard one that's in play? It says in the main rules you can "never have more than 14 zombies on the board at once" under create zombie pool page 7. And on p19 it says "zombie heroes do count when determining how many zombie you have on the board".

Ok. You can never have more than 14 'normal' Zombies on the board/Zombie Pool. (Unless the Scenario has the extra rule Zombie Horde 21)

Any other Zombies including Zombie Heroes, Zombie Grave Dead, Zombies with Grave Weapons, Radioactive Grave Dead can be brought on extra! Yes horrible for the Heroes!

All Zombies inc. the extra ones listed above DO count when rolling to spawn. If the Scenario has Zombies Auto-Spawn the Heroes are in for a world of hurt!

To quote Jason C. Hill
'The 'no more than 14 Zombies' is in reference to having 14 Zombies in your Zombie Pool. Zombie Heroes and specialty Zombies (such as Grave Dead from the Growing Hunger expansion) do NOT count against this limit.

Normally you only have 14 Zombies in your Zombie Pool. That means you cannot have more than those 14 normal Zombies on the board, because your pool would be empty. If you have Zombie Heroes, Plague Carriers, Grave Dead, etc. on the board; these are in addition to Zombies from your Zombie Pool.'

My question is regading Zombies with Grave weapons. I know there can only be 8 but since one is giving an existing "normal" zombie a weapon (or swapping the mini) then they still fall under the 14 limit correct?
01-21-2013, 04:40 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2013 04:41 PM by samuraitrev.)
(01-21-2013 04:26 PM)LSD Wrote:  My question is regading Zombies with Grave weapons. I know there can only be 8 but since one is giving an existing "normal" zombie a weapon (or swapping the mini) then they still fall under the 14 limit correct?

As soon as the Grave Weapon Zombie is placed on the board, the 'normal' Zombie is returned to the Zombie Pool.
As long as you haven't got more than 14 'normal' Zombies (either on the board or in your Zombie Pool.) You can have up to 8 Grave Weapon Zombies running around the board too!

Here's an example let's say:
You've got 14 normal Zombies on the board.
+ You could have another 8 Grave Weapon Zombies on the board.
+ You could have some Zombie Heroes running around too!

Using this example you've got 23+ Zombies tearing up Woodinvale!

Hope this helps!
01-21-2013, 05:14 PM
(01-21-2013 02:59 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Ok. You can never have more than 14 'normal' Zombies on the board/Zombie Pool. (Unless the Scenario has the extra rule Zombie Horde 21)

To quote Jason C. Hill

As ever.. this help a great deal Cheers!!!

(01-21-2013 04:26 PM)LSD Wrote:  My question is regading Zombies with Grave weapons. I know there can only be 8 but since one is giving an existing "normal" zombie a weapon (or swapping the mini) then they still fall under the 14 limit correct?

The SOTF rules don’t specifically mention the going over 14 limit but the weapons are just counters placed under the normal 14 characters so would never go over it.

The zombies with grave weapons miniature set however states:
"These models are not considered pert of the normal zombie pool. Instead they should be set off to the side to be used when specific grave weapons cards come into play. When a grave weapon that has an associated miniature is assigned to a zombie model, remove that normal zombie from the board and place it on the grave weapon card"

So it is essentially removed from the game keeping the 14 zombie limit.

"In this way the Zombie pool is still limited to 14 zombies, but the zombie that the Grave weapon model is replacing is held out of the Pool until it is killed and returned to the pool as normal"
01-21-2013, 05:52 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2013 05:53 PM by LSD.)
(01-21-2013 04:40 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  

As soon as the Grave Weapon Zombie is placed on the board, the 'normal' Zombie is returned to the Zombie Pool.
As long as you haven't got more than 14 'normal' Zombies (either on the board or in your Zombie Pool.) You can have up to 8 Grave Weapon Zombies running around the board too!

Here's an example let's say:
You've got 14 normal Zombies on the board.
+ You could have another 8 Grave Weapon Zombies on the board.
+ You could have some Zombie Heroes running around too!

Using this example you've got 23+ Zombies tearing up Woodinvale!

Hope this helps!

According to the rule labrys pointed out I think you may be wrong:

Quote:The zombies with grave weapons miniature set however states:
"These models are not considered pert of the normal zombie pool. Instead they should be set off to the side to be used when specific grave weapons cards come into play. When a grave weapon that has an associated miniature is assigned to a zombie model, remove that normal zombie from the board and place it on the grave weapon card"

So it is essentially removed from the game keeping the 14 zombie limit.

Since one has to remove the model and place it on the Zombie weapon card it is not adding to the pool but supplement a normal zombie for one with a weapon. This is how we've always played it as that is my interpretation of the way the rules are written. If I'm wrong please explain.
01-21-2013, 06:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2013 06:16 PM by samuraitrev.)
My mistake LSD,

The limit for Normal Zombies and Grave Weapon Zombies is 14. Total.

But you can have Zombie Heroes and Grave Dead, Plague Carriers and Radioactive Grave Dead extra. Sorry for any confusion.
01-21-2013, 11:57 PM
(01-21-2013 05:52 PM)LSD Wrote:  According to the rule labrys pointed out I think you may be wrong:

Can I get a plus 1 for confsuing the answer god?

Too needy?

I bit the sheriff.. but I did not bite the deputy.

---------------------------------------------------
I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure.
01-22-2013, 08:38 PM
Heck, I will give you a +1 just because this was a really good question that I think is very beneficial to have answered here. Otherwise, this is definitely one that could cause confusion.