Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Automatic Card Shuffler
01-20-2013, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2013 03:02 PM by samuraitrev.)
RE: Automatic Card Shuffler
That guy's pretty handy with lego. What's he going to build next? A lego atom bomb?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2013, 04:08 PM
(01-20-2013 02:55 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  So I say let samuraitrev buy the Shuffler & try it on his cards
& report back Zombie02

OD

All in agreement say aye! Aye!

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
01-20-2013, 08:33 PM
Slightly off topic but mentioned in the thread; sleeves. I'm really tempted to sleeve mine, but a quick search didn't yield any matching sleeves for this size. Does anyone have their cards sleeved?

"What is it about a zombie that appeals to me? I don't know. Maybe that it's just the most possible - I don't know - of all the supernatural entities."
- Scott Ian
01-21-2013, 12:24 AM
(01-20-2013 03:02 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  That guy's pretty handy with lego. What's he going to build next? A lego atom bomb?

Have you ever stepped on a Lego in the dark barefooted? Imagine that city wide. Ugh. The zombie apocalypse is suddenly looking up.
01-21-2013, 10:39 AM
(01-20-2013 08:33 PM)Sierra Wrote:  Slightly off topic but mentioned in the thread; sleeves. I'm really tempted to sleeve mine, but a quick search didn't yield any matching sleeves for this size. Does anyone have their cards sleeved?

Here's a couple of threads on the subject:
http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thread-Sleeving
http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...n-the-deck

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-21-2013, 11:25 AM
(01-21-2013 10:39 AM)scarydk Wrote:  Here's a couple of threads on the subject:
Thanks Watchmen02 I'll make sure to befriend the search button next time.

"What is it about a zombie that appeals to me? I don't know. Maybe that it's just the most possible - I don't know - of all the supernatural entities."
- Scott Ian
01-21-2013, 09:51 PM
Actually, for the record, my best friend got me an automatic card shuffler for Christmas. I always joke with him (and my gaming group, for that matter) about how terrible I am at shuffling cards.

I can't shuffle regular cards very well, so I am not good at shuffling the cards in Last Night On Earth AT ALL.

I finally gave up trying and just have a very dirty/goofy method of shuffling when I have to do it. I literally just scatter the deck across the table, making a complete mess of it, then gather them back up at random.

So, my friend saw an automatic shuffler and got it for me. The one I have is made to handle up to 4 decks of cards at once. Mind you, that is normal playing cards, but that is still a lot of cards.

It doesn't look like the most sophisticated piece of machinery. So far, I have not had any horror stories to share. The worst thing I can say so far is that sometimes the cards fall off the side as it is trying to shuffle them. No biggie there, you just lightly hold them in place.

So, from my experience so far, it is pretty safe. But, I will be sure to come back here to warn everybody if it ever ends up eating up any of my cards, or anything terrible like that.
01-21-2013, 10:42 PM
(01-21-2013 09:51 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  Actually, for the record, my best friend got me an automatic card shuffler for Christmas. I always joke with him (and my gaming group, for that matter) about how terrible I am at shuffling cards.

I can't shuffle regular cards very well, so I am not good at shuffling the cards in Last Night On Earth AT ALL.

I finally gave up trying and just have a very dirty/goofy method of shuffling when I have to do it. I literally just scatter the deck across the table, making a complete mess of it, then gather them back up at random.

So, my friend saw an automatic shuffler and got it for me. The one I have is made to handle up to 4 decks of cards at once. Mind you, that is normal playing cards, but that is still a lot of cards.

It doesn't look like the most sophisticated piece of machinery. So far, I have not had any horror stories to share. The worst thing I can say so far is that sometimes the cards fall off the side as it is trying to shuffle them. No biggie there, you just lightly hold them in place.

So, from my experience so far, it is pretty safe. But, I will be sure to come back here to warn everybody if it ever ends up eating up any of my cards, or anything terrible like that.

Do you use sleeves? I saw a cheap 4 deck shuffler at my game store...now i'm thinking about just going to get it..just to try it

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
01-22-2013, 07:32 AM
(01-21-2013 09:51 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  Actually, for the record, my best friend got me an automatic card shuffler for Christmas. I always joke with him (and my gaming group, for that matter) about how terrible I am at shuffling cards.

I use a method for shuffling very similar to this, the only thing different is that i try to randomize a little the order of the piles

01-22-2013, 08:11 AM
This last video is what I used to do with my magic decks... Sleeves used to make it easy to "slide together" shuffle... Downfall was, as random as I tried to be with my initial piles I always found that I ended up following a pattern and creating clumps... Specially huge mana clumps... I'd like to see a shuffler that can handle game cards with sleeves... I'm real picky bout my gaming gear, I reboxed my game and sorted everything into hero/zombie boxes to aid in set up, sleeved my cards, and got a huge piece of felt to keep everything from getting scratched on the table...

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user