Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"Camp Grizzly" - Slasher Movie board game
11-17-2013, 05:47 PM
RE: "Camp Grizzly" - Slasher Movie board game
(11-17-2013 07:43 AM)kassle Wrote:  I also put in some money to fund this one. Looks awesome. Hoping we see Mini sets #2 & #3!

Awesome! I was thrilled when funding was achieved, & I'm really hoping to hit as many of those stretch goals as possible. There's some really neat looking stuff in there. Watchmen02

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2013, 07:00 PM
Thank you for posting this. For now I'm backing it for $1 and watching as I'm not sure I'll be able to afford to fund it just yet. I want to, I really want to but I'm just not sure if it's doable for me yet. I love the idea of the game. As was said already, as far as game mechanics, as long as they work I'm fine by that. I don't need anything new except for the theme. When it comes to theme on this game I'm blown away. I love the campy slasher feel to it. Man, I hope I can find the proper funds to really support this game.

"Sometimes dead is better."
11-20-2013, 07:12 AM
I love the theme, too. My group (I can't even call them gamers...more like they are there to indulge me & drink some booze) got burnt out by LNOE, which was a bummer. And also why I haven't been here for awhile. I simply haven't been able to play in many, many months.

HOWEVER, I think this game could draw them back in! Something about Slasher just screams fun. I watched the gameplay video and it looks like it will be a good time.
11-20-2013, 05:10 PM
Good to hear from you kassle. Once a TZG member, never forgotten!Zombie17 That sucks with the group. Need more gamer obsessives!
11-20-2013, 06:39 PM
The latest update is a se
(11-20-2013 07:12 AM)kassle Wrote:  I love the theme, too. My group (I can't even call them gamers...more like they are there to indulge me & drink some booze) got burnt out by LNOE, which was a bummer. And also why I haven't been here for awhile. I simply haven't been able to play in many, many months.

HOWEVER, I think this game could draw them back in! Something about Slasher just screams fun. I watched the gameplay video and it looks like it will be a good time.

The latest update is a session report that really does an excellent job of illustrating how a typical session plays out & highlights the narrative aspects of the game. Watchmen02

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
11-23-2013, 09:42 PM
I backed this one as well - largely due to MoonSylver's sales job over at BBG. Watchmen02

I completely agree with the assessment that this game most likely would never have been published, beyond their limited run (or two), without kickstarter. I can feel good that I helped this company get their dreams published on a wider scale.

I am, however, a little leery of the way the miniatures are set up in this campaign. In my opinion, it would have been wiser if they had sold the Set #2 minis as individual pieces.

If you really want that first set for the incredibly cool Otis figure, you are almost locked into snagging the second set if you have any intention of buying at least one of the expansions. After all, mixing minis in with cardboard standies would be a tad annoying. And if you go ahead and buy that Set #2 yet skip the cheesy Jump The Bear expansion, you are stuck with a useless Chet mini. Watchmen02

In the end I will beg and plead with my wife to allow me to go all in, but the snake eating its tail approach to the minis is nagging.

And after riding and then bailing out of the roller coaster that was Brimstone, I am entirely reluctant to voice any concern I may have towards these minis over at the KS comments section. Zombie17
11-24-2013, 05:47 AM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2013 05:49 AM by MoonSylver.)
(11-23-2013 09:42 PM)D. Boons Ghost Wrote:  I backed this one as well - largely due to MoonSylver's sales job over at BBG. Watchmen02

Insane20

Quote:I completely agree with the assessment that this game most likely would never have been published, beyond their limited run (or two), without kickstarter. I can feel good that I helped this company get their dreams published on a wider scale.

I am, however, a little leery of the way the miniatures are set up in this campaign. In my opinion, it would have been wiser if they had sold the Set #2 minis as individual pieces.

If you really want that first set for the incredibly cool Otis figure, you are almost locked into snagging the second set if you have any intention of buying at least one of the expansions. After all, mixing minis in with cardboard standies would be a tad annoying. And if you go ahead and buy that Set #2 yet skip the cheesy Jump The Bear expansion, you are stuck with a useless Chet mini. Watchmen02

In the end I will beg and plead with my wife to allow me to go all in, but the snake eating its tail approach to the minis is nagging.

And after riding and then bailing out of the roller coaster that was Brimstone, I am entirely reluctant to voice any concern I may have towards these minis over at the KS comments section. Zombie17

Not an unfair observation. A point I hadn't really considered, since I'm all in for all expansions, so I'll be using them all.

I will say in their defense though, $15 for mini set #2 seems reasonable & doesn't feel like price gouging or anything like that (IMO).

No easy answer for mini's to expansions that you don't buy. Even though I'll probably only use the Jump the Bear themed stuff occasionally, I wanted access to any/all the stuff that might be in it that is "non-specific" (as I assume Chet is).

Plus, the idea of being able to play out those "horrible, franchise ruining ideas" occasionally does put a smile on my face. Zombie03

All in all, I'm pretty pleased w/ how this campaign is going. Mind you it's my first, so I have no basis for comparison, but everything has been pretty fair & reasonable & this has been the kind of thing I had envisioned KS to be when I first heard of it.

If I had/have any regrets, it's that despite best efforts to try & spread the word, there don't seem to have been a lot of additional supporters. It would have been nice to hit a few more of those stretch goals than it looks like we're likely to.

Still, I'm glad the game got funded, it looks like we're getting a LOT of cool stuff once you factor in all the expansions+ the unlocked goals, & I'm glad I reached at least one person. Watchmen02

They seem to have been receptive to suggestions thus far more or less, or at least forthcoming if there was one they couldn't do as to why, so it might not be a bad idea to run by them being able to buy minis by the piece.

I can think of some production run issues that might be prohibitive against, but I don't want to speculate. They'd be better poised to answer that type of thing than I would obviously. Watchmen02

11-24-2013, 11:56 PM
In no way, shape, or form did I mean to imply that the miniatures were a price gouge. If it came across as such (and rereading what I wrote, it very well does sound it), I sincerely apologize.

As far as the level of funding goes, I will agree that it *seems* as if the campaign isn't doing as well as it could. However, for an indie like Ameritrash Games, $37K is excellent.

Compare that amount to two recent Richard Launius (of Arkham Horror fame) kickstarter games:

* Ace Detective, $24,789
* Legends of the American Frontier, $14,605

Heck, 8th Summit's gorgeous reprint of Wolfgang Kramer's Expedition: Famous Explorers only hit $27,011! Seriously... it's Wolfgang Kramer, for crying out loud! Watchmen02

Anyway, being a 40-something, the theme to Camp Grizzly is brilliant. I mean, my generation practically grew up on slasher flicks. From Black Christmas and Silent Night, Bloody Night to Halloween and Friday the 13th, we were the kids that funded the creation of that entire genre.

By the looks of everything, the game has the potential to be a ton of fun. For the sake of my strained wallet, I certainly hope it is.
11-25-2013, 12:36 AM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2013 12:37 AM by MoonSylver.)
(11-24-2013 11:56 PM)D. Boons Ghost Wrote:  In no way, shape, or form did I mean to imply that the miniatures were a price gouge. If it came across as such (and rereading what I wrote, it very well does sound it), I sincerely apologize.

Nah, no apology needed & no insult taken. Watchmen02 Just thinking out loud. Just that I've seen a other KS campaigns that left me with a very negative feeling in terms of the pricing structure, the goals, etc. They seemed very antithetical to the spirit in which KS was started as I understood it, & at the very least made me shy off on supporting instead of jumping on board!

(11-24-2013 11:56 PM)D. Boons Ghost Wrote:  As far as the level of funding goes, I will agree that it *seems* as if the campaign isn't doing as well as it could. However, for an indie like Ameritrash Games, $37K is excellent.

Compare that amount to two recent Richard Launius (of Arkham Horror fame) kickstarter games:

* Ace Detective, $24,789
* Legends of the American Frontier, $14,605

Heck, 8th Summit's gorgeous reprint of Wolfgang Kramer's Expedition: Famous Explorers only hit $27,011! Seriously... it's Wolfgang Kramer, for crying out loud! Watchmen02

Thanks for putting it in context for me. I'm new to the whole KS thing & haven't followed any other campaigns, so this gives me a whole different perspective. Watchmen02

(11-24-2013 11:56 PM)D. Boons Ghost Wrote:  Anyway, being a 40-something, the theme to Camp Grizzly is brilliant. I mean, my generation practically grew up on slasher flicks. From Black Christmas and Silent Night, Bloody Night to Halloween and Friday the 13th, we were the kids that funded the creation of that entire genre.

By the looks of everything, the game has the potential to be a ton of fun. For the sake of my strained wallet, I certainly hope it is.

Sounds like you & I are of similar tastes, being of the same generation & all. Watchmen02

I'm trying not to set my hopes TOO high, but at the same time I am looking forward to it quite a bit. If I get a similar level of game play & immersion as, say, ATOE (or even close), then I'll be happy. Watchmen02

11-29-2013, 04:48 PM
Only one week left on the Kickstarter campaign! Still opportunities to get the Exclusives & hit some more of the stretch goals. Watchmen02