Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cornfield
03-22-2012, 03:53 AM
RE: Cornfield
this is interesting, looking forward to finding out the rule. time to ring Jason Hill methinks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2012, 04:01 AM
What exactly is the Q? It all seems covered to me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-22-2012, 12:33 PM
The question, overall, seems to be: How does the cornfield work?

My answer? A Zombie moving into, or starting in, the same space as a Hero in the Cornfield must roll a 4+ to find and attack them.

Heroes, however, may attack Zombies in the Cornfield, irregardless of a dice roll.

In the event of a Zombie Apocalypse please do the following:
1. Grab a buddy
2. Grab guns
3. Start shooting
03-22-2012, 04:12 PM
The RAW aren't explicit in either way on that. The two possible interpretations:

(1) The end of the hero activation is called "Fight Zombies" worded "At the end of a Hero’s turn, they must fight EVERY Zombie in their space." [http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index.php?title=LNOE_Fight_Zombies] This gives the idea that, if the hero has ended his turn with a zombie, has made the choice, 'Hey, I'm going to try to kill it!'. This means that the the hero is doing the seeking, and the fights must happen -- all of them -- without canceling.

IE: No rolls at all for any of them. The hero has no choice in the matter.

(2) The heroes still have to find the zombies in the cornfield themselves, with the roll still needed to be made for each and every zombie -- whether the hero wants to fight or not.

IE: Rolls for every one of them. The hero has no choice in the matter.

I do *not* see a possible interpretation where you roll for some but not others. Myself, I go with #2. It seems to fit the "feel" of the rest of the game, and I like the symmetry.
03-22-2012, 04:12 PM
I think Spidey is referring to whether or not "finding" a hero includes moving into his space or not.
03-23-2012, 12:24 AM
(03-22-2012 04:12 PM)Wade Wrote:  I think Spidey is referring to whether or not "finding" a hero includes moving into his space or not.

yeah. I play, if a zombie gets on your space, it has found you. I was thinking in the cornfield; it is searching though the corn looking for you. and it has to roll the required amount to move on you and get you
03-23-2012, 04:03 AM
I feel that option #1 from mqstout's post is the most correct. If a hero ends his turn on the same space as a zombie they must fight.

If a hero wants to keep the zombies at bay all he has to do is move at least one space away inside the cornfield. Zombies will have to go with zombie hunger and the hero doesn't have to fight.

Through victory my chains are broken.
03-23-2012, 06:23 AM
I still think Zombies can be on the same space as the Hero, they just need to roll a 4 or higher to fight them. Think Amanda's "Hide" ability.

In the event of a Zombie Apocalypse please do the following:
1. Grab a buddy
2. Grab guns
3. Start shooting
03-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Abilities always overcome general rules and cards...
Cards are made to overcome rules...
Rules govern regular situations.

Heroes must fight against all zeds in their space
"Zombies must roll 4+ to find and attack a Hero Here."
If a hero wants to find the zombie he may give up the roll... as the rule is intented do benefit heroes... not zombies...

In the zombie turn the zombies attack... on the hero turn the heroes attack... however if a hero doesn't want the fight... the zombie is attacking... it is only semantics... but sounds resonable to me.

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
03-23-2012, 02:23 PM
It has nothing to do with zombies moving, only with their actually engaging in a fight. Hunger and all other movement still applies normally.