Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Couple quick rules questions
01-23-2014, 11:31 PM
RE: Couple quick rules questions
We can hope
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 06:46 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2014 06:47 PM by Onemangang.)
I also have a quick question and I thought it would be beteer to not make another quick question thread but to add it to this one.
When the ZP rolls a D6 for spawning new zombies in the ZP turn, and there are already 12 zombies in play, what is the reason to roll those dice ?
I must do something wrong here cause the basicgame says to pick 14 zombies as a ZP...
04-28-2014, 07:48 PM
If there is just one Z player he rolls 2D6 for a spawn check. If he already has 12 or greater on the board the roll is unnecessary as that can't be beat.

If his spawn check is a success (ie; 2D6 result = greater than number of Z on the board) then he spawns D6 Zs at the end of the Z turn.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
04-28-2014, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2014 07:54 PM by BigDumbYak.)
You roll the 2D6 and if its higher than the amount of Zombies on the board, then you get to spawn during that phase of your turn.
when the spawn phase comes up, you roll 1D6 and that is how many Zombies you get to spawn.

If you have 11 or less Zombies on the board, you have a chance of spawning more.
If you have 12 or more Zombies on the board, there is no need to roll the 2D6.

Does that make sense? Watchmen02

ATOEtalGeek, you beat me by a few seconds! :P
04-28-2014, 10:19 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2014 10:20 PM by sgiove.)
If your question is why have 14 zombies if I get stuck at 12? All it takes is one or two zombies to die (down to 11 or 10). This now presents a beatable roll and, if beaten, you can now reach your maximum of 14 zombies with a high d6 roll.

I'm not sure if this was the point of the question but if it is I hope this answered it.
04-29-2014, 02:57 AM
(04-28-2014 10:19 PM)sgiove Wrote:  If your question is why have 14 zombies if I get stuck at 12? All it takes is one or two zombies to die (down to 11 or 10). This now presents a beatable roll and, if beaten, you can now reach your maximum of 14 zombies with a high d6 roll.

I'm not sure if this was the point of the question but if it is I hope this answered it.

Yes indeed that was my question... why 14 zombies if you may only use 12 . Bu now I understand it better, if you have less than 12 zombies in play, than you can roll a D6. If the result is above the number of zombies in play than you may take 1 d6 to see how many zombies you may spawn. If I understood it correctly...Thank you all for the replies and helping me out!!!
04-29-2014, 12:14 PM
Just to be clear, you are rolling 2x d6 (giving a result between 2-12)for your check to see if more zombies spawn (and comparing the result to the total on the board) and, if successful, then rolling 1d6 at the end of the zombie turn to see how many zombies actually spawn, correct?
04-29-2014, 01:22 PM
(04-29-2014 12:14 PM)sgiove Wrote:  Just to be clear, you are rolling 2x d6 (giving a result between 2-12)for your check to see if more zombies spawn (and comparing the result to the total on the board) and, if successful, then rolling 1d6 at the end of the zombie turn to see how many zombies actually spawn, correct?

Yes, got the picture, thank you.
04-29-2014, 09:38 PM
Another question. Some of the heroes have a ability like Instead of making a move they can heal them selves or something like that. Does that mean they can do a search also?
Thanks again . While playing with my son, those questions came up...
04-29-2014, 09:47 PM
(04-29-2014 09:38 PM)Onemangang Wrote:  Another question. Some of the heroes have a ability like Instead of making a move they can heal them selves or something like that. Does that mean they can do a search also?
Thanks again . While playing with my son, those questions came up...

Unfortunately, no. Searching IS a move action. At the start of your move action, you roll a die. Now you can either choose to move up to that number of spaces OR perform a search if you are in a building. When you give up your move action you give up everything associated with it, including searching.

Hope this helped.