Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Crossbow house rules?
02-25-2014, 09:14 PM
RE: Crossbow house rules?
(02-25-2014 07:36 PM)stevey.ferret.lord Wrote:  Thats why I like all flesh must be eaten. Simple character develpment, simple rules, and unless tge ZM is a total bozo, fun can he had by all. I'm workin on a minis version, got plenty of zombie minis and hero minis, just need to craft lots and lots of terrain.

Hi Steve you seem to know your Zombie games. In your opinion, what's the best miniature based board game? I'm talking about using scenery, terrain and figures.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2014, 10:59 PM
Tough tough call... im old school and still relish the days of hero quest, and tyranid attack. Let me think? As a every day light-hearted all round easy to set up, explain to newbies, and versatile enough for endless customization LNOE is the one! Its my favourite theme as well... However the theme isn't for everyone so sometimes gettin people to play can be like gettin the missus to sit through the evil dead trilogy. Zombicide has the same issue with theme but is almost exactly the same as LNOE. My main 'bug' with zombicide is the city scape, its great, but repetative in some way. The almost 'Abstract' manner of LNOE leves alot to the imagination, and to me is alot more emersive. Zombies!!! Is a drinkin game, or family christmas afternoon sort of game to me is fun, but more funny. Its got a different feel, like ultra competative (not my thing) people generally fall out in my group if we play anything competitive, where people think they are bein ganged up on. Sad I know... mordhiem is a brilliant little skirmish game. Like really good. Only a dozen or so models required each, and the charecter building is simple and fun. I've played D&D with minis, but the DM wasnt up to much, so is a hard game fir me to judge, P&P version is fun untik someone loses there charecter sheet. Can be a bit taxing on the timetable aswel gettin 4 or 5 peopke together once a fortnight for 4 or 5 hours. I love AFMBE is easy and fun, need a good ZM, but charecter setup is simpke and pkayers aren't constantly asking what they need to roll. Claustriphobia is great, as is space hulk, but limited to 2 players. Suits me, but an issue for others. Mansions of madness, is truly a masterpiece, fun, exciting and emersive, hut very complex and not to be attempted with a novice. ?. Also setup, means setup its a very serious game!

To conclude...(sorry got carried away) LNOE is my personal favourite followed by zombicide. Ive heard good things about all things zombie as a skirmish type zombie survival campaign game, but never had the pleasure myself... what are your thoughts?.. and cheers for supporting my full membership bid. Hope you got your little big planet achievement.
02-26-2014, 12:44 AM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2014 12:46 AM by samuraitrev.)
(02-25-2014 10:59 PM)stevey.ferret.lord Wrote:  Tough tough call... im old school and still relish the days of hero quest, and tyranid attack. Let me think? As a every day light-hearted all round easy to set up, explain to newbies, and versatile enough for endless customization LNOE is the one! Its my favourite theme as well... However the theme isn't for everyone so sometimes gettin people to play can be like gettin the missus to sit through the evil dead trilogy. Zombicide has the same issue with theme but is almost exactly the same as LNOE. My main 'bug' with zombicide is the city scape, its great, but repetative in some way. The almost 'Abstract' manner of LNOE leves alot to the imagination, and to me is alot more emersive. Zombies!!! Is a drinkin game, or family christmas afternoon sort of game to me is fun, but more funny. Its got a different feel, like ultra competative (not my thing) people generally fall out in my group if we play anything competitive, where people think they are bein ganged up on. Sad I know... mordhiem is a brilliant little skirmish game. Like really good. Only a dozen or so models required each, and the charecter building is simple and fun. I've played D&D with minis, but the DM wasnt up to much, so is a hard game fir me to judge, P&P version is fun untik someone loses there charecter sheet. Can be a bit taxing on the timetable aswel gettin 4 or 5 peopke together once a fortnight for 4 or 5 hours. I love AFMBE is easy and fun, need a good ZM, but charecter setup is simpke and pkayers aren't constantly asking what they need to roll. Claustriphobia is great, as is space hulk, but limited to 2 players. Suits me, but an issue for others. Mansions of madness, is truly a masterpiece, fun, exciting and emersive, hut very complex and not to be attempted with a novice. ?. Also setup, means setup its a very serious game!

To conclude...(sorry got carried away) LNOE is my personal favourite followed by zombicide. Ive heard good things about all things zombie as a skirmish type zombie survival campaign game, but never had the pleasure myself... what are your thoughts?.. and cheers for supporting my full membership bid. Hope you got your little big planet achievement.

Thanks for the prompt and extensive reply.
+1 Rep

I still play Heroquest, Spacehulk and I'm starting to get back into Warhammer, Lord of the Rings, Space Crusade and Bloodbowl. I work in schools and I'm actually starting a gaming and painting club for the kids. I'll actually get paid for gaming and painting miniatures!!!Zombie17

I always wanted to play Mordhiem but never got the chance. I guess it's like Necromunda? (I played that and I still have my gang, Delaques) I own and have played Zombies!!! but I made the progression to LNoE and I haven't looked back.

I work in schools and I'm actually starting a gaming and painting club for the kids. I'll actually get paid for gaming and painting miniatures!!!Zombie17

Being as though you mentioned Spacehulk here's my latest metal Blood Angels Terminator Marine I just paintedWatchmen02

02-26-2014, 08:42 AM
You my friend are indeed "living the dream". My job isn't nearly as much fun. Really nice paint job! Im ok at painting, but im getting less and less chance to get on it. LNOE will be my next project. I've heard many good things about bloodbowl and i have heard rumours that it could be re-released this year. Not sure how legit these rumours are. ?.
As for mordhiem, well the rules are free (even from GW). And as I said its pretty cheap to build a warband. Ebay my friend is the way forward. Be a good club game as it can get rather competitive, and the games dont last too long at all. I prefer it to necromunda to be honest.
May I ask where you aquire some of your minis from? I am very impressed by you dramatic game reports and keep glimpsing some amazing works of art.
cheers man
02-26-2014, 10:05 AM
Back to original topic of this thread...

I can't do photoshop so could anyone make up a card for the Crossbow using the house rules I suggested? I'd be very grateful.
02-26-2014, 08:37 PM
(02-26-2014 10:05 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  Back to original topic of this thread...

I can't do photoshop so could anyone make up a card for the Crossbow using the house rules I suggested? I'd be very grateful.

Sorry for getting lost down memory laneWatchmen02

If I was you I'd PM curtismsimcox and ask him. His cards look pretty damn good. Maybe he's feeling charitable and willing to help you out with your crossbow project...
02-27-2014, 12:31 PM
(02-26-2014 08:37 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  If I was you I'd PM curtismsimcox and ask him. His cards look pretty damn good. Maybe he's feeling charitable and willing to help you out with your crossbow project...

Hi Trev - unfortunately curtismsimcox has private messaging disabled and I cannot send private messages to this user.

Curtis, if you're reading this, here's my message:

"SamuraiTrev suggested that I contact you. I've been working on some house rules for a crossbow in a thread on this site and seem to have a working set. Trev thought you might be able to help to create a card for the rules as I don't have access to photoshop and he said you'd already done some impressive stuff.

The house rules are:

* Range = 2
* Fire once per Ranged Attack
* Hits on a roll of 3+
* Starts with 5 bolt tokens
* On a hit place the bolt token on the target square. Tokens for hits on Zombie Heroes move with the Zombie Hero
* On a miss the token is removed from the game
* Bolt token(s) are automatically retrieved as Hero moves through square containing bolt token(s)
* Discard once all bolt tokens are lost. Treat as a Gun weapon for Pick up purposes."
02-27-2014, 06:06 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2014 06:07 PM by soundguy.)
AFMBE ?

ugh.. PAID to play warhammer. ARGH!

I miss epic. loved it before the last release killed it!
02-27-2014, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2014 07:29 PM by curtismsimcox.)
(02-27-2014 12:31 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  
(02-26-2014 08:37 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  If I was you I'd PM curtismsimcox and ask him. His cards look pretty damn good. Maybe he's feeling charitable and willing to help you out with your crossbow project...

Hi Trev - unfortunately curtismsimcox has private messaging disabled and I cannot send private messages to this user.

Curtis, if you're reading this, here's my message:

"SamuraiTrev suggested that I contact you. I've been working on some house rules for a crossbow in a thread on this site and seem to have a working set. Trev thought you might be able to help to create a card for the rules as I don't have access to photoshop and he said you'd already done some impressive stuff.

The house rules are:

* Range = 2
* Fire once per Ranged Attack
* Hits on a roll of 3+
* Starts with 5 bolt tokens
* On a hit place the bolt token on the target square. Tokens for hits on Zombie Heroes move with the Zombie Hero
* On a miss the token is removed from the game
* Bolt token(s) are automatically retrieved as Hero moves through square containing bolt token(s)
* Discard once all bolt tokens are lost. Treat as a Gun weapon for Pick up purposes."

Here you guys go. :-) Also, I didn't realize my PM was off. It is on now.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

02-27-2014, 08:34 PM
i assume no ammo to relaod it either