Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Crossbow house rules?
02-27-2014, 10:08 PM
RE: Crossbow house rules?
(02-27-2014 06:06 PM)soundguy Wrote:  AFMBE ?

ugh.. PAID to play warhammer. ARGH!

I miss epic. loved it before the last release killed it!

All Flesh Must Be Eaten (I had to look it up tooZombie20)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2014, 03:22 PM
That cross bow card looks sweet! Does anyone knoe where we can get all these cool things printed to professional quality? You know what makes LNoE so truley brilliant? It dudes like us the game is undoubtedly great, but some of these ideas.., it blows my mind that ive been pkayin so long and not joined TZG sooner. Cheers all
02-28-2014, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2014 04:45 PM by Achtung Panzer.)
(02-27-2014 08:34 PM)soundguy Wrote:  i assume no ammo to reload it either

Nope. I wanted the weapon to be different so the bolt tokens are the ammo.

+1 rep posted with thanks to curtismsimcox for helping out so brilliantly Watchmen02
02-28-2014, 06:05 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2014 06:22 PM by curtismsimcox.)
(02-28-2014 04:39 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  
(02-27-2014 08:34 PM)soundguy Wrote:  i assume no ammo to reload it either

Nope. I wanted the weapon to be different so the bolt tokens are the ammo.

+1 rep posted with thanks to curtismsimcox for helping out so brilliantly Watchmen02

Anytime!

(02-28-2014 03:22 PM)stevey.ferret.lord Wrote:  That cross bow card looks sweet! Does anyone knoe where we can get all these cool things printed to professional quality? You know what makes LNoE so truley brilliant? It dudes like us the game is undoubtedly great, but some of these ideas.., it blows my mind that ive been pkayin so long and not joined TZG sooner. Cheers all

My plan for my cards is going to be cheap but effective I think. I am just placing the cards into Microsoft Word format with the correct card sizing (Height 3.5", Width 2.5"), then printing them out with my color printer, and cutting them out.

I am going to get some card protectors for my entire card decks from a local shop that have blank backs (two different colors to identify zombie/hero decks) I might either slip in some old magic the gathering cards or replace some of the already kinda useless zombie/hero cards in the deck and place then my paper card copy over that.

Not quite the exact quality, but def a cheap fix. ;-)

If I grab a pic of my completed work, i'll let you know.
02-28-2014, 07:43 PM
I have all of my cards sleeved in ProFit all clear sleeves. I print the custom cards, cut them out, and simply slide them into the sleeve with the card. When they are face down in the deck they are imperceptible.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
02-28-2014, 08:13 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2014 08:13 PM by Achtung Panzer.)

Card now printed - thanks again for helping ou!
03-01-2014, 11:24 AM
(02-28-2014 07:43 PM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  I have all of my cards sleeved in ProFit all clear sleeves. I print the custom cards, cut them out, and simply slide them into the sleeve with the card. When they are face down in the deck they are imperceptible.

Yep I did the same thing with my decks. Got a Black Back protector sleeves for the Zcards and Green for the Hero's. My printed out cards slid right in and I put a actual standard poker card behind the paper to make them feel no different than any other card.

Also got to use the crossbow tonight with friends. It was a fun weapon.
03-01-2014, 04:18 PM
"Also got to use the crossbow tonight with friends. It was a fun weapon."

Delighted to hear it! I do think that the rules work and add a different feel for this weapon. I just keep seeing Daryl pulling out those bolts and wiping them on his jeans.
03-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Nice work. Game design by committee Watchmen02
03-01-2014, 10:28 PM
i still get a kick watching daryl load and fire that xbow.

I shoot xbows. I have modern compounds in the 150-180# range, and a 1500's danish copy using a 120# steel prod, as well as one with an 80# aluminum prod.

the aluminum prod one can be fairly easily cocked putting the tiller to your shoulder and pulling back the string with both hands .. it takes effort but is not hard. the 120# prod is difficult. the modern compund jobs absolutely require one of those force multiplier cable puley systems to cock.

daryl just 1-hands it. Watchmen02

if he's that strong. just give him 2 machette and the world will soon be safe!