Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: Who would win in a overall battle of Supremacy! The World of DC or The World of Marvel?
DC
Marvel
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DC Vs. Marvel
09-21-2011, 03:20 PM
RE: DC Vs. Marvel
DC because they have the Vertigo imprint. Between Swamp Thing, John Constantine, and Dream (Sandman), the entire DC and Marvel 'verses would be royally screwed.

If we're ignoring the Vertigo imprint, but allowing the zombie hordes, the Marvel 'verse, since the Zombies alternate universe has Galactus-powered zombies going around devouring planets. Buh-bye, Oa.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Ugh... Marvel Zombies for the loss...

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-21-2011, 08:53 PM
DC for Batman, and Vertigo's Sandman and Preacher.
09-21-2011, 09:52 PM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2011 09:52 PM by Pred.)
If you think !?! Batman !?! would be the soul premise of a war between these two Supreme Universe's you would be mistaken.
Batman is one of my Top 5 Super Heroes but he wouldn't be the soul benefactor of this war.

Things that would kill Batman Instantly in the War
(If you wanna know the difference of Instantly and Immediately check out Thanatos post in the Thread: Resilients)
Thor Lightning Blast
Hulk Smash
Prof X psychic mind blast
Shot to the forehead from Deadpool
Galactus in general
Odin in general
Zombie Capt. America's shield throw to the Neck (probably not but would be cool)
Apocalypse in general
Emma Frost mind freeze then chop off head with diamond skin hand chop to the neck
Night Crawler holds breathe and teleports Batman to space
Ezazel (crawlers dad) same thing - then cuts his head off
Magneto squeezing batman's utility belt slicing him in half
Mystique taking form off Bruce's parents making him flip out and quick strike to the jugular
Dr Doom in multiple fashions
Dr Strange and his mastery of magic

Fair Fights that I think would be really cool to see
Batman vs:
Spiderman
Hawkeye
Black Panther
Punisher
Luke Cage
Iron Man
Captain America
Black Cat
Dare Devil
Red Skull

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
09-21-2011, 10:11 PM
Oops. I didn't entirely read that this was a battle for supremacy and not a "which do you like better..." Soooo, to back my picks up:

Preacher could just tell every Marvel superhero to stab themselves in the eye and they would all have to do it. It may not kill a hero outright, but would be enough of a distraction to make an opening for the rest of the DCverse. Sandman will get them in their dreams.
Batman is the shit.
09-21-2011, 10:31 PM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2011 10:46 PM by Pred.)
In 2010, it was announced that Vertigo would become a strictly creator-owned imprint, with all titles that originated in the DC Universe, with the exception of flagship title Hellblazer, returning to the DC imprint. This includes characters related to Swamp Thing, The Sandman, Madame Xanadu, Black Orchid, The Books of Magic, House of Mystery, Sandman Mystery Theatre, The Haunted Tank, The Unknown Soldier, and Shade, the Changing Man. This had already been done with Animal Man, Doom Patrol, and The Human Target.

In short, technically not in the DC Universe (anymore)

But if they were Reed Richards and Dr. Pym would make a Ion Sonic Molecular Difibulizer in the form of an ear piece that would also be used as a communicator to block out Preachers voice power and Sandman's Freddy Krueger's dream stealing power. I really don't know that much about Sandman but it seems it gets awesome reviews.

Or

Prof X or Dr Strange or Pyslock or Emma Frost or any other Psychic or Magic guy would use a spell to protect the Heroes when of if they slept, and or use their ability to keep Preacher at Bay keeping him from talking.

09-22-2011, 01:25 AM
Dream (Sandman) is a universal archetype (read: god), along with the other Endless (Destiny, Death, Destruction, Desire, Despair, and Delirium) - he doesn't steal dreams, he rules over them. They are his literal kingdom. There is no protection from Dream, and although he can be stopped for a time, his vengeance is a terrible thing to behold.

And yes, the original Sandman series is absolutely jaw-droppingly incredible and beautiful. Best comic ever made, bar none.
09-22-2011, 06:25 AM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2011 06:25 AM by nitro9090.)
I gotta say DC for the battle of supremacy, just due to the over the top super powers involved. If you were to matchup 1 on 1 powers DC would dominate.

Now, I am not super knowledgeable about the different series, but there is always the issue of a few specific talents that may offset an all out battle. For instance Prof. X could use cerebro and potentially kill everyone in the DC universe (assuming the movies weren't complete bunk) or galactus you know eating the world. Another point, it was never mentioned which side villains would be in this matchup, this could be very important.

Now, as far as which do I like best, I have to go with Marvel since the infinite power issues of DC irritate me to no end.
09-22-2011, 07:40 PM
(09-22-2011 06:25 AM)nitro9090 Wrote:  Another point, it was never mentioned which side villains would be in this matchup, this could be very important.

yes the villains would fight along side the heroes to team up. (in the fact that if one one side lost they would cease to exist all together, witch drops the whole idea behind villains and heroes)So to answer your question every character Good or Bad in each Universe work together.

I just wanted to make a fun thread that people could argue over there favorites and see what the ideas behind them winning would be.

09-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Just to second thantos' opinions of Sandman/Dream it is a beautiful work by Gaimen I have the 1st 9 graphic novels in pride of place on my graphic novel shelf. However I gotta say I wasn't as blown away by his book American Gods as I wanted to be. Although a lot of people love it. I've also got the Complete Frank Miller Batman in Hardback/leather I picked it up at a carboot for a couple of quid! Wow! just checked on amazon £135.97 (new). I wouldn't part with it it's a thing of beauty. A bit off topic but does anyone remember Bad Company from 2000AD?