Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dead Alive Scenario and Characters
03-19-2011, 03:49 AM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2011 06:47 AM by Russ.)
Dead Alive Scenario and Characters
I haven't play tested it yet. If anyone does, let me know how it goes. As usual, I'm open for ideas/improvements.
(It doesn't make as much sense if you haven't seen the movie.)

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2011, 03:05 PM
RE: Dead Alive Scenario and Characters
Awesome! We are playing this tonight.
03-19-2011, 04:51 PM
Excellent! I'm very curious to see how well balanced this is. Some of the characters have weird abilities, (I had a hard time coming up with them,) and I'm not sure how easy it will be to kill the Rat Monkey. It shouldn't be hard to kill exactly, just hard to catch, that was my intention anyway. Hope you have fun!
03-20-2011, 05:22 AM
Awesome! I actually can't fathom how it's taken this long for a scenario/heroes based on this flick to have been made by a community member. Great work!
03-20-2011, 07:13 PM
I won keeping the rat monkey safe
03-20-2011, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2011 07:30 PM by Russ.)
(03-20-2011 05:22 AM)SlickJ1 Wrote:  Awesome! I actually can't fathom how it's taken this long for a scenario/heroes based on this flick to have been made by a community member. Great work!

Yeah, I know! I couldn't believe I had the honor of apparently being the first! I know I didn't follow the plot of the movie, but for some reason I really wanted to get the rat monkey in there.

I'm thinking about changing Lionel's "Party's Over!" ability. It seems too weak, (especially with a name like that!) The quote comes from the part in the movie where he mows down row after row of zombies using the lawnmower. So I'm thinking something like: "Party's Over! - If a 6 is rolled for movement, Lionel moves six spaces, killing all zombies in each space he steps on. (Limit once per game.)"

(03-20-2011 07:13 PM)kkamena Wrote:  I won keeping the rat monkey safe

Was it fun? Was the rat monkey too hard to kill? Were the Heroes overwhelmed? Were their abilities easy to use? Did they seem balanced? What should I think about tweaking? Do you find bald guys attractive...?
03-21-2011, 06:12 AM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2011 06:17 AM by vikinglad.)
AWESOME RUSS! The scenario and Rat Monkey cards look great. I can't wait to try this. Did these get added to the official hero card or variants downloads sections of the site? There have been lots of good ideas lately, and it would be cool if the cards, etc. made it to these sections so they could be found easier. I am not even sure how to add stuff to these sections, but I think your's definitely belong there.

My only critique of the abilities is that, for Lionel's "Don't You Touch Her," maybe change the wording from "all of Lionel's fight dice" to "any number of Lionel's fight dice," so that it could be used on just one die to get doubles. Is it over-powered my way? The way you have it now, it would help you fend off zombies, but wouldn't help you kill them very often.
03-21-2011, 05:53 PM
Yes, it is fun
we played last night again and with 2 moves to go the heros won. This time they got a lot of guns.
Were the Heroes overwhelmed? the first time yes but very few guns were picked up
Were their abilities easy to use? yes
Did they seem balanced? yes
What should I think about tweaking? IDK maybe freaking card that say kill should only be wound but that's the base game
Do you find bald guys attractive...? Yes. I'll drool over a well toned man in the army but they would have to be a rude boy or skin head for me to fall for... and I did
03-21-2011, 07:10 PM
Russ,
Great job with the scenario, cant wait to have a Dead Alive movie and game night!
03-22-2011, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2011 07:01 AM by Russ.)
Edit: Accidentally erased Les's character sheet. I intended to erase Lionel's so that I could upload my newer version. And now I can't seem to add any more attachments to that post so...here's Les again and the updated Lionel.
(03-21-2011 06:12 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  Did these get added to the official hero card or variants downloads sections of the site?
Not yet. I didn't want to put them there until I had a chance to make sure the characters were decently balanced and that the scenario worked well. I still haven't managed to play it myself, but it sounds like it actually works pretty well.

(03-21-2011 06:12 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  My only critique of the abilities is that, for Lionel's "Don't You Touch Her," maybe change the wording from "all of Lionel's fight dice" to "any number of Lionel's fight dice," so that it could be used on just one die to get doubles. Is it over-powered my way? The way you have it now, it would help you fend off zombies, but wouldn't help you kill them very often.
For now I decided to keep that ability as is. (Feel free to download it and alter it to your own liking though.) I did sort of word it that way intentionally to avoid making him too powerful...but I'll have to play with him a few times to get a feel for it...for all I know he could be slightly underpowered now.

I changed "party's over" mostly for thematic purposes. I like it better now, since it allows you to re-create the famous lawn mower scene from the movie.

Attached File(s) Image(s)