Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dead island
03-11-2012, 03:51 AM
RE: Dead island
(03-10-2012 10:13 PM)deadrabbit Wrote:  anyone with dead island for 360 want to meet up and play one xbox live? ive been dieing to play multiplayer.

Sure, Got a lvl 40+ Xian. I don't normally get online until midnight during weekdays.
Gamertag: Danzaaa
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2012, 07:40 AM
(03-10-2012 10:13 PM)deadrabbit Wrote:  anyone with dead island for 360 want to meet up and play one xbox live? ive been dieing to play multiplayer.

Sorry mate, got that one on PS 3

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2012, 08:26 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2012 08:43 PM by deadrabbit.)
k man sweet ill add you. im plug uglie

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
03-12-2012, 09:09 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2012 09:10 PM by Talonis.)
I've been playing this a fair bit lately, on PS3.

Feel free to add me PSN: Talonis85

Level 45, on my second run through, so I don't mind joining anyone's game either.
04-23-2012, 02:50 PM
So gamestop had it for $19.99 last week only and I picked it up havent got a chance to play it but the trailer looks awesome. I like left 4 dead but I understand that all games are more fun with more people. I think my wife may play with me.
04-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Great game alder dust... weak on history... but seeing those damn heads flying... gives me the chills just to remember the first zombie head rolling down!

Totally worth it.

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
04-24-2012, 06:27 AM
(03-11-2012 03:51 AM)DrkBlueXG Wrote:  

Sure, Got a lvl 40+ Xian. I don't normally get online until midnight during weekdays.
Gamertag: Danzaaa

sorry man, havent had the drive to play it since skyrim.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
05-06-2012, 11:55 PM
The characters all look the same after a while but there is some good blood and gore awesomeness
08-30-2012, 03:51 PM
New to the boards, was poking around and saw this post. Recently picked up DI GOTY and have not stopped since. I even got some achievement about still playing the game 28 days later Insane20.

My Quick Impressions for anyone who is still on the fence:
  1. This game is best played as a melee game, guns should only be used on the living
  2. Much more immersive than Left for Dead series.
  3. After dark, roaming around Moresby or the jungle can down right grate on your nerves, causing fits of paranoia. (My own experience).
  4. Decision making about repairing/modifying weapons vs. picking up new ones actually makes a difference.
  5. Skill tree abilities help, but don't make the player over powered
  6. The choice of whether to fight or flee makes a difference. This is not just a hack and slash game. There are times you will need to run.
  7. If you are not a fetch quest person, (you like puzzles and such) this is not for you.
  8. Repetition is high, you will see the same zombies in the same clothes all over the island. However, if you are examining clothing styles of the island inhabitants rather than just trying to make it to the next safe place, this is the wrong game for you.
  9. I may have made this game sound difficult. It isn't, it is very easy, if you don't mind dying a lot.
  10. Foreshadowing is present, but a bit obvious.
  11. Many side quests, little side story.

That is about all I can say at the moment. But I do have a question for other players. There is a bunker in the jungle not far before the river village. It is surrounded by toxic waste containers and a guy named Sam can be found inside. While outside the bunker I keep hearing a butcher or a very loud prominent infected scream (like when you hear thugs) however there are only two infected outside which are easily disposed. Is anyone else experiencing this? I can't find the boss zombie and quite honestly it has me jumpy every time I walk by.
08-30-2012, 04:56 PM
It's a pretty good game. If you want to get the best out of the game. Make sure u play with a friend. It seems it gets a little bit boring alone. I'm still waiting for that perfect zombie game. Dayz is close.