Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Decrease in Interest?
06-11-2014, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2014 04:51 PM by donvercetti.)
RE: Decrease in Interest?
I don't have a gaming group at the moment, but I'm still working on rule mods and scenarios. Although I tend to get less time for it nowadays due to work, every now and then I pull out the games, lay everything out and just sit there smiling at it, because it's so awesome!

- Let's go. Stay close to me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2014, 10:52 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2014 10:53 PM by MoonSylver.)
I haven't lost interest in any of my FFP games, but so much to do, so little time, & so many games to play. I've been in a Superhero-y mood lately, so Sentinels of the Multiverse, & now Marvel Legendary, have been taking up what little gaming time I have.

Now if FFP would go ahead & do a Superhero game...Watchmen02Watchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
06-13-2014, 01:18 AM
This game remains one of the games my wife and I play the most. We've bought a ton of games since getting LNoE and it still finds its way to the table more than any other. If anything, my interest in the game is still on its way up. We've only been playing LNoE for about a year though. I know there a lot of folks here that have been playing it much longer.
06-13-2014, 06:45 AM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2014 06:46 AM by ForestRunner.)
Not lost interest as such, but have many other things I like to do as well. Why restrict self? Some gaming and many practical things.

At the moment, running a RPG with guys and girls I gamed with at school! Following a reunion early in the year, we got a group together for nostalgia purposes and the novelty of that is still in the air and it's going strong. Outside of gaming I'm rock-climbing 2-3 times a week as well. So time is dedicated towards those recreational pursuits.

Things are cyclical... have no doubt I'll be back. Have an overdue AToE: DG due and a highly anticipated SoB to delve into a few months (fingers crossed!!).

As for LNOE/TP and associated expansions... this line is immortalised in boardgaming in my opinion. Doesn't get much better than that!

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
06-13-2014, 04:14 PM
(06-11-2014 10:52 PM)MoonSylver Wrote:  I've been in a Superhero-y mood lately, so Sentinels of the Multiverse, & now Marvel Legendary, have been taking up what little gaming time I have.

Sentinels of the Multiverse is really awesome! When I first started my board game group, a guy brought it in and it was a lot of fun. He only showed up to like the first two game nights. But, I eventually got it, I believe this past Christmas. We just finally got a chance to play it at my gaming group and it was a big hit.
06-13-2014, 04:56 PM
(06-13-2014 04:14 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 10:52 PM)MoonSylver Wrote:  I've been in a Superhero-y mood lately, so Sentinels of the Multiverse, & now Marvel Legendary, have been taking up what little gaming time I have.

Sentinels of the Multiverse is really awesome! When I first started my board game group, a guy brought it in and it was a lot of fun. He only showed up to like the first two game nights. But, I eventually got it, I believe this past Christmas. We just finally got a chance to play it at my gaming group and it was a big hit.

I'm enjoying it quite a bit. It's a lot to manage solo (which is my only option these days), but it is a lot of fun. I splurged for the whole line in one go, so there's a LOT of material for me to explore yet...Zombie14

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
06-14-2014, 10:00 AM
(06-05-2014 04:22 PM)brunoreturns Wrote:  What don't you like about TP?

I only got to play a few times before getting TP, but I happen to really like the upgrade system in TP.

As for the original question, I have a lot of difficulty finding anyone to play zombie themed games with.

The LNOE franchise may or may not be on the downhill side (although not with me), but the genre itself seems to be hard to get people interested in.

I hear you pal... my friends will play almost any game suggested, but if its zombie or horror themed none of them want to know? Im told theme games sacrafice good game mechanics for band wagon theme points... or im guessing they have read so some place. I love zombie games and if I must force my missus to play with me then im gonna do what I gotta do.
06-14-2014, 10:53 AM
My regular gaming pal has got into Zombicide big-time. I play his Zombicide with him and others, but LNOE / TB (my preference) is now almost exclusively solo.
06-14-2014, 02:01 PM
(06-14-2014 10:53 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  My regular gaming pal has got into Zombicide big-time. I play his Zombicide with him and others, but LNOE / TB (my preference) is now almost exclusively solo.

That's a damn shame. Move to Chesterfield. Join me and Spirit and game once a week.Zombie17
06-14-2014, 05:54 PM
(06-14-2014 10:00 AM)stevey.ferret.lord Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 04:22 PM)brunoreturns Wrote:  What don't you like about TP?

I only got to play a few times before getting TP, but I happen to really like the upgrade system in TP.

As for the original question, I have a lot of difficulty finding anyone to play zombie themed games with.

The LNOE franchise may or may not be on the downhill side (although not with me), but the genre itself seems to be hard to get people interested in.

I hear you pal... my friends will play almost any game suggested, but if its zombie or horror themed none of them want to know? Im told theme games sacrafice good game mechanics for band wagon theme points... or im guessing they have read so some place.

Zombie23 There's a POV that I loathe. Elitist snobbery at it's finest. Makes my blood boil. Insane07