Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Don't Judge Me.....
11-24-2010, 11:31 PM
RE: Don't Judge Me.....
(11-24-2010 11:18 PM)soundguy Wrote:  super nice.

I plan on posting some pics tonight as well.

I"ll look forward to seeing them! And thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2010, 06:43 AM

finished my 20 hero's, brown, red and green zeds, and brown and green grave weapon zeds.

did up 7 zed dogs and 2 generic 25mm zeds from another game in case I need a special zed or two.
I left the green crystal zeds unpainted.

here's a group shot. tired.. will post more in the am.

soundguy
11-25-2010, 03:04 PM
(11-25-2010 06:43 AM)soundguy Wrote:  finished my 20 hero's, brown, red and green zeds, and brown and green grave weapon zeds.

did up 7 zed dogs and 2 generic 25mm zeds from another game in case I need a special zed or two.
I left the green crystal zeds unpainted.

here's a group shot. tired.. will post more in the am.

soundguy

NICE! Wow, what a job. You are a steel-drivin' man. I finished the original 8 lNOE hero figures and the original 14 zombies. Need to varnish/flat coat them tomorrow when the weather clears.

I think I'll paint the other 8 hero figures then do the remaining 21 zombies. Still on the fence about the radioactive zombies. Especially since I've got 8 circus heroes and 20 martians to paint. arrrgh.

What have I gotten myself into.

But I do like having them painted.

Not to wander too far off topic but the new Arkham Horror prepaints are pretting nice (I got the first 16) and I am told by FFG they are the same figures (unpainted) included in Mansions of Madness, which is what got me started on this whole painting project. When I saw how great the AH figures looked, I thought, "Hey, I could use some of these zombies in an RPG" and "I'm gonna have to paint the MoM monsters anyway. In for a penny, in for a pound."

Ugh....what was I thinking.

Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for the picture.
11-25-2010, 07:03 PM
yep.. i originally wasn't gonna paint my grave weapon zeds.. because I don't use them much.. but then now and then the card does come up.. so i painted one set.. then heck.. if I'm painting that set.. might as well paint the rest!

soundguy
11-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Skip, that's for sure a great job you did there!!! Looks like Jake and the gang are gonna have their hands full! God shading, as well!

And soundguy, those look fantastic as well! Where are thoe Zombiedogs from! Love how gory and matted their fur looks!

As far as the Radioactive zombies, I'm working on some ideas for mine so they don't look hokey and still look radioactive... any ideas? Just want to make sure the light still shines through them to keep that radioactive look...

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r249/rg__13/AnImAtEd%20GIF%20ImAgEs/thMrsVoorhees-Zombie.gif[/IMG]
11-25-2010, 11:01 PM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2010 11:05 PM by soundguy.)
perhaps a flourescent paint.. do it like a wash.. paint on then wipe off real good so it only hits the very low areas.. paint will likely be whitish. then hit it with a green wash.. or even a purple wash. I used a purple wash on many of my zeds.

then of course a few blood trouches like the hands...

just an idea anyway.

good luck.

soundguy
ps.. forgot the other question.

zed dogs are from "zombies!!!"

found a friend with abag of them... we traded between ourselves so we have some glow inthe drk zeds, some grey zeds, and some zed dogs.

untill I come up with rules for zed dogs, I may mix them in now and again and count them as regular zeds... just different look.. to spice it up etc.

was thinking about a special scenerio kinda like resident evil. have some regular zeds, some dog zeds. and then use the grave dead rules for the boss zeds.

soundguy
11-26-2010, 03:12 PM
Well, I'm impressed you got them all painted in such a short time and with additional figures added in. Whew! What a job.

Four, thanks so much for the kind words, I really do appreciate it. I got the other four hero figures (from the original game) painted yesterday and will varnish the lot when it gets a bit warmer outside.

I hope to get four more hero figures and the red zombies (All from Growing Hunger) painted today, tho I may not get them all finished.

I was telling Soundguy that a friend of mine has a bunch of the Horrorclix Zombies and he had a "radioactive" zombie that was pretty cool. It was the same, transperant green plastic and they had painted the clothing and left the skin, hair, etc the original transperant green plastic. I thought it looked good, so, when I get around to painting my "radioactive" zombies I think I'll give that a try.

I'm trying to get ready for Saturday, we're having our NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS horror gaming session tormorrow. LAST NIGHT ON EARTH, INVASION FROM OUTER SPACE, TOUCH OF EVIL, ARKHAM HORROR and FURY OF DRACULA all day long at our FLGS.

Since I have the new pre=paints for Arkham Horror, I wanted to have the base game figures for LNOE painted as well. Afraid the Martians and the rest of the Hero/Zombie figures will have to wait until next week.

Best to you all and thanks again for the kind words. An old shaky blind guy like me really appreciates it.
11-26-2010, 05:52 PM
(11-18-2010 03:47 PM)Pfr_Fate Wrote:  Any other ideas (I may have to buy 'Grave Weapons' again for the large guys and the torso.... ;( me so poor)

Any advice or suggestions???

Grave Weapons are buy-one-get-one-free right now on the FFP web store. DO IT!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-26-2010, 08:09 PM
i want to see your radioactive zeds when done!

soundguy
11-28-2010, 03:27 PM
We had our Nightmare Before Christmas event at the FLGS here in OKC and we played two exciting games of LNOE with my new painted models and turned two new players into LNOE zombies. The infection continues to spread.

I thought the painted miniatures added a lot to the game. I'm glad I did it. But now I"ve got 50 more of the little buggers to paint!!!!

Attached is a picture of my gaming buddy Dr. Charles Nunley pondering his next move.

Attached File(s) Image(s)