Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Downloaded HERO template & GIMP - First HERO
01-30-2011, 03:41 PM
RE: Downloaded HERO template & GIMP
He's really cool and all that...

But where the hell is the 'Sanitorium'?

Do you know something about the next expansion that we don't?

Just say NO to 'house rules'.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2011, 04:05 PM
(01-30-2011 03:41 PM)Ryuk Wrote:  He's really cool and all that...
But where the hell is the 'Sanitorium'?
Do you know something about the next expansion that we don't?

I had an "L" board idea that will feature a mental institution that I'm gonna do for the good doctor as well. But I'm gonna do a few more Hero's first...

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/ddgdemon/Games/Brains_Moon2.jpg[/img]
01-30-2011, 11:45 PM
Ok, spent 30 minutes last night getting GIMP, playing with it a bit, and figuring out how to do everything.

Spent 4 hours getting a video capture program, fiddling with the settings and getting the sound to work... Now all I need to do is make a tutorial, and shrink the video down when playing it to a reasonable screen size resolution. 1680x1050 is a bit large... I'm not so concerned with file size, but resolution is going to be an issue if I can't shrink it down.

I'll likely have to post it on my website, as it will likely be a bit too big for youtube or any of the other vid sites. But I'll make it playable there or downloadable, your choice, and use DivX/MP3 for a Codec. Might have something up by next week or so.
02-03-2011, 01:01 AM
(01-30-2011 04:05 PM)Nebulon Wrote:  I had an "L" board idea that will feature a mental institution that I'm gonna do for the good doctor

Very cool...
A long time ago, in the 'before-time'... we mused on what we would like to see in FFP's next expansion. I wanted to see a new center board with a new large building, the "old Widowcrest Asylum", (mentioned in Becky's profile on page 21 of the rulebook).

With it's barred windows, Zombies can't 'walk through the walls'...
Too harsh?... maybe they need to role a 5+ to do so?...

Just say NO to 'house rules'.
02-10-2011, 12:57 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2011 12:57 AM by D153453D.)
(02-03-2011 01:01 AM)Ryuk Wrote:  
(01-30-2011 04:05 PM)Nebulon Wrote:  I had an "L" board idea that will feature a mental institution that I'm gonna do for the good doctor

Very cool...
A long time ago, in the 'before-time'... we mused on what we would like to see in FFP's next expansion. I wanted to see a new center board with a new large building, the "old Widowcrest Asylum", (mentioned in Becky's profile on page 21 of the rulebook).

With it's barred windows, Zombies can't 'walk through the walls'...
Too harsh?... maybe they need to role a 5+ to do so?...

Or perhaps the bars keep things from getting out... DUN DUN DUUUUUN!

That video out yet Gothic?

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
02-10-2011, 06:37 AM
(02-10-2011 12:57 AM)D153453D Wrote:  That video out yet Gothic?

Not yet... still trying to figure out what to show. LOL Came up with several heroes, scenarios, cards, got ready to do it... and someone else made almost the exact same thing I designed... Insane19 Oh well, I'll either make generic crap cards and do it that way, or find another idea soon. I only have 2 hours every other Friday though to do it. This Friday being one of them that i can do it. So I'll do something then... What it will be exactly is a GIMP Tutorial... What it will contain is Hero Cards (at least)... What the cars will contain - is anyones guess LOL.

Will likely be multi-part and up within the following week after I edit the video(s).
02-10-2011, 08:09 PM
RE: Downloaded HERO template & GIMP - First HERO
Sounds like a wonderful Idea Gothic. I can't wait to see it. How do work on the L-Boards, I am doing it with paint (real paint) just looking for some advice.

Mistrunner
Death is Only the Begining.
02-11-2011, 07:52 PM
I also started to use GIMP today and was fooling around with some Hero Cards, it was pretty fun!
But i lack some skill, the program itself is pretty easy to understand but has alot of funktions i didnt understand also.
So im really looking forward to your guide Gothicincarnation. No rush thou Watchmen02

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.
02-11-2011, 11:09 PM
Actually, I am about to start filming it now... well in abut 30 minutes or so... If I get it right and good the first time out (which is highly unlikely) it might be up late tonight... otherwise look for it sometime next week.

I only have about 2 hours (likely less) to film it, but that should be enough time to get it done (mistakes and all). No mistakes, and I can get it up super fast. whereas mistakes will equal editing the video which will take a few days.

I still have no idea what to actually create, so it will likely be more generic instructions than showing myself making an actual playable card(s). But Either way, I will try and run it slow so you can see everything without the need to listen to my inane rambling trying to tell you how (though I will give you my inane rambling anyway. LOL)
02-12-2011, 01:08 AM
great job Nebulon, i love how it turned out, i was wondering if you wouldnt mind helping me finish my custom character. Originally Orguss was going to finish it, but i havent heard back from him.

Character

Name: Richard Esperson
Title: Texas Ranger
Start: Random Building
Law Enforcement- Male
Special Rules:
Give Me Back My Bullets- May take any "Ammo Card" from the discard pile as a move action while searching a building.
Cowboy- If carrying two pistol based weapons, may fire both of them buring a range attack in each hand.
Health- 2 wounds, 1 dead marker.
Quote- "You can go out the window, ill acquaint these Zombies to a good friend of mine... Mr. Colt."

Picture http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r21/O...nt=230.jpg
if you could do this i would greatly appreciaate it, thank you for your time Nebulon.