Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ever want to put a timer on a player?
02-28-2012, 02:06 AM
Ever want to put a timer on a player?
Played a couple weeks ago and my buddy's little brother (when I say little, he's 22 years old) sat in and played for the first time.

This guy sat and thought and re-thought "I could do this. Or I could do this..." every damn turn. It slowed the game down to the point of boredom and eventually I started telling him he had to hurry up as people were tuning out, yawning, etc.

I thought I might get a little 3 minute hourglass or something if I have to play with him again. If he starts hemming and hawing I'll flip the glass to get his ass in gear.

Anyone else have to deal with this type of thing?

Me and my buddies don't take the game too seriously and even help out guys on the opposing team from time to time. Or if someone forgets part of their turn we'll let tham make it up (have I mentioned we tend to drink when we play?) out of order or whatever. So this guy over analyzing everything was a real drag.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2012, 03:00 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2012 03:02 AM by victor.w.)
RE: Ever want to put a timer on a player?
I'm all for the casual play you described. People taking their time thinking about every little move are the ones who get eaten during the Zombie Apocalypse. Time their ass. One minute, tops.

In the event of a Zombie Apocalypse please do the following:
1. Grab a buddy
2. Grab guns
3. Start shooting
02-28-2012, 05:32 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2012 05:32 AM by thegep.)
(02-28-2012 03:00 AM)victor.w Wrote:  I'm all for the casual play you described. People taking their time thinking about every little move are the ones who get eaten during the Zombie Apocalypse. Time their ass. One minute, tops.

+1 on this post. 100% agree Watchmen02

What you don't know can eat you... Zombie01
02-28-2012, 10:57 AM
Interesting idea. It would be cool if FFP came out with a little hourglass with the next game. It could really increase the tension.
02-28-2012, 11:10 AM
100% yes. Especially when beers are involved. Watchmen02
02-28-2012, 12:37 PM
(02-28-2012 11:10 AM)lwsaki Wrote:  100% yes. Especially when beers are involved. Watchmen02

YES. ESPECIALLY when beers are involved.

In the event of a Zombie Apocalypse please do the following:
1. Grab a buddy
2. Grab guns
3. Start shooting
02-28-2012, 02:22 PM
I got a more important question....when he takes too long and gets taken out by the zombie apocalypse...can i have his ration of beer?

I also agree with the timer thing, its one thing if you dont know what you are doing, but if you are micro managing every decision then tick tock tick tock hurry up.
02-28-2012, 02:58 PM
That is so true! I hate it when people overthink their stuff.
Last time we had one guy just jumping in and going in head first. He did not care and went for everything balls out. The other 3 heroes were overthinking, being to carefull, waiting, searching, debating, ... Guess who made the win for the heroes? Yup, the balls out guy.

Timing the moves is a great idea!
The box says what? 60 minute game? We NEVER achieved that NEVER! Over analysing is the cause of that.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-28-2012, 06:25 PM
My solution: "speed up, or don't play at all". Then stick to your not including him in game nights.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-28-2012, 06:30 PM
I had a game of Space Hulk lsat night. The Terminators get 2:30 minutes when using 1 squad. The result a fast action packed game with tension and real atmosphere. I support this post. Timer that mofo!