Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you coordinate games?
12-16-2010, 02:32 AM
RE: How do you coordinate games?
Mostly with my GF, and with some buddies of mine when they're in town in New Orleans. I lived in Houston for a little while, but it would be a rather long drive for a few games.

It's tough, man.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2010, 12:53 AM
W00T! I found a way to get my regular RPG'ers to try LNOE! Muwahahahaha

I give them no choice! LOL

My Birthday, January 29th, falls on a Saturday in 2011... My RPG game is on Saturdays... So on my Birthday, I tell them that because it is my Birthday I want to do something different - LNOE! That we will return to our regularly scheduled RPG the following week, But this week we play a board game of LNOE! They can't leave! If they leave they insult me on my Birthday and prove they are no real friends. HAHAHA They will have to play.

Sneaky ain't it? I know, I know, a little underhanded and kinda wrong... BUT I DON'T CARE! For once I want people to do what *I* want to do. I am so tired of bending and breaking for everyone else. It's my turn to do what I want to do for once. I wanted to play Savage Worlds System, War of the dead... nope... Had to compromise and play a d20 Modern 3.5e Zombie game called Against the Dead... and even that had me twisting a few arms, loosing a few players anyway, and gave me way more work to do to get the game running. And that is just the most recent incident in a long line of similar incidents... this time, my turn.

Hopefully they will like the game and join me for mid-week weekly games after that, or at least agree to play LNOE once or twice a month instead of the RPG... I hope anyway.

That, or I just need new friends...
12-17-2010, 03:13 AM
should work.. worked on my birthday...
12-17-2010, 04:04 AM
Let's hope. LOL I got some strange friends that I am not sure are real friends to begin with... But hopefully it will work and they will like LNOE. Zombie17
01-11-2011, 06:27 PM
We've been having a Zombie Night at a friend's house once a month for about the last year or so. Just watching zombie movies, drinking and BSing.
I got LNOE for Xmas and now I'm going to introduce it into Zombie Night. Although I'd much rather play on a weekly or bi-weekly basis if possible.
01-22-2011, 03:55 PM
most often its at my place, but a friend of mine owns a comic shop and one free comic book day I often volunteer to demo games, I've had last night on Earth out a few times but people often wanted to try Red Dragon Inn or Zombies!!!
01-22-2011, 10:17 PM
nice. I remember when one of my buddie's owned a hobby shop. we demo'd games and had a decent time.. after hours games and all!
01-23-2011, 05:06 PM
We have, with difficulty, held a weekly game night for years. Truthfully I had had trouble getting excited about 4th edition role playing when we were playing D&D, and then the fill in games were getting repetitive.

So I picked up LNoE over the holidays and have brought it every week since.

I hooked em all.
01-26-2011, 07:43 PM
We have a set night with my gaming group that we do roleplaying. When we're between games or the GM happens to be feeling an off-day, we break out board games instead. Or when football's over, we break out a game. Or pretty much when at least two people can meet up during the week.
01-27-2011, 02:38 AM
4ed was a streamlined battle simulators for the newbs that just didn't understand roleplaying and 'building' a character.

remember middle earth.. took a math degree and a full day to make a character.. Watchmen02 then it died the first time it encountered a monk.. Watchmen02

soundguy

(01-23-2011 05:06 PM)Nebulon Wrote:  We have, with difficulty, held a weekly game night for years. Truthfully I had had trouble getting excited about 4th edition role playing when we were playing D&D, and then the fill in games were getting repetitive.

So I picked up LNoE over the holidays and have brought it every week since.

I hooked em all.