Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to print up Custom Heroes to FFP quality?
05-01-2013, 01:09 AM
How to print up Custom Heroes to FFP quality?
How do they do it? I want to get my custom Heroes made up just like the actual hero cards. Anyone knows the specs?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2013, 02:11 AM
RE: How to print up Custom Heroes to FFP quality?
http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...-its-there

I even got the corner chomper just haven't posted pics yet

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2013, 03:06 AM
heh. was hoping for something much easier--wish I could just take this to Fed Ex Office and have them do it.... hm...
05-01-2013, 03:14 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2013 03:18 AM by friskers96.)
It really doesn't take much effort... I get my cards together in photoshop, take it to office max. Print it on 80lb gloss stock. Cut it out and mount it on chipboard with spray adhesive and cut the chipboard and mount the back. Use the chomper to round the corners..

The hardest part is designing the card in photoshop. Once you get it printed, cutting and mounting takes all of 5 min.. That's going to be the closest your going to get. Fed ex won't do it and doesn't have the equipment to handle the board.

FFP has someone with an automated system that pumps these out on big sheets of chipboard then has an industrial die cutter punch them out. An easier way would be to print it out and laminate the card, but it won't look close to a stock card..

There are "print on demand" game makers that make the stuff, probably the same companies FFP uses. 10 to 1 they won't touch it cause its copyrighted material you using.

05-02-2013, 12:53 AM
You know, I just had another idea...

I don't plan on ever using the survivor versions of the heroes.

I have 3 customs to make, me, my wife, my kid....

Maybe I somehow print up the cards, and affix them to the Survivor Heroes...what do you think would be the best way to do that?
05-02-2013, 01:05 AM
Cloaker, PM me and I'll set something up with you..

05-04-2013, 02:45 AM
I found you can get prints at those digital photo kiosks normally found in walmart for a fairly cheep price of about $2-$3 at most. I normally use a 4x7 template that I found on boardgamegeek and microsoft paint. with a little glue, some cardboard stock I bought on ebay for $8 and some sweet scissor skills...I get by.