Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
I got Growing Hunger for Christmas!!!
01-04-2013, 01:50 PM
RE: I got Growing Hunger for Christmas!!!
Growing Hunger is by far the best expansion (not counting TP). The scenario Burn It To The Ground comes in GH and is one of my favorite scenarios!

Nothing like a horde of zombies coming down on your position while you try and burn down the mansion you're inside of to take em' down!

You'll really enjoy GH!!!

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Thanks -- the wait is already driving me crazy! Lol
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2013, 08:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2013 08:51 PM by StayPuft.)
I hear you on the price point, though. I myself definitely wish the various expansions were a little cheaper than they are. Does that mean I don't think they are worth it? No. I absolutely think they are worth it. So far, I only having the base game, Growing Hunger, and a few of the web supplements. However, from being obsessed with the game and coming here, I know what is in the others. Also, from playing with my gaming buddy who has all the expansions, and the friends who introduced us to the game who has many of them, I've had a chance to use some of the stuff and have very much enjoyed it.

So, I absolutely feel they are worth every penny. I just think the prices could stand to be a little lower. I mean, especially if you actually sit back and calculate how much you would eventually wind up spending on one board game. But, I'll still buy every single expansion/supplement/whatever. LOL!

Heck... I've never been able to say that about a board game ever before. If Monopoly or Life created expansions, I probably wouldn't bother to buy them. If Clue made an expansion with new characters, new weapons, etc., I probably wouldn't bother to buy them. With this game, it doesn't matter WHAT they make, I eventually want it. ;-)

(EDIT: Wow! Cool! As of this posting I am now at 800 posts and am a "Frog With No Name!" LOL! I would have thought "Flying Frog" was the final rank.)
01-04-2013, 09:25 PM
Growing Hunger adds the most to your game as far as expansions go...except Timber Peak but its well worth the price.
01-05-2013, 02:19 AM
(01-04-2013 08:50 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  I hear you on the price point, though. I myself definitely wish the various expansions were a little cheaper than they are. Does that mean I don't think they are worth it? No. I absolutely think they are worth it. So far, I only having the base game, Growing Hunger, and a few of the web supplements. However, from being obsessed with the game and coming here, I know what is in the others. Also, from playing with my gaming buddy who has all the expansions, and the friends who introduced us to the game who has many of them, I've had a chance to use some of the stuff and have very much enjoyed it.

So, I absolutely feel they are worth every penny. I just think the prices could stand to be a little lower. I mean, especially if you actually sit back and calculate how much you would eventually wind up spending on one board game. But, I'll still buy every single expansion/supplement/whatever. LOL!

Heck... I've never been able to say that about a board game ever before. If Monopoly or Life created expansions, I probably wouldn't bother to buy them. If Clue made an expansion with new characters, new weapons, etc., I probably wouldn't bother to buy them. With this game, it doesn't matter WHAT they make, I eventually want it. ;-)

(EDIT: Wow! Cool! As of this posting I am now at 800 posts and am a "Frog With No Name!" LOL! I would have thought "Flying Frog" was the final rank.)

Well said. The Frog have a way of me wanting more....
01-05-2013, 02:57 AM
(01-04-2013 07:04 AM)Rullys Wrote:  Just gave in and ordered the Growing Hunger Expansion. Hope It's worth it! 40 bucks seems very steep for a board game expansion pack, but I've heard great things.

You'll have a blast. Growing Hunger is my favorite expansion, by far.

Great new L Boards, and some fun scenarios. Plus, the characters are great additions with some nifty skills - Rachelle, Amanda and Sam are in constant rotation in my group (along with Sheriff, Sally and Becky).

Enjoy!
01-07-2013, 09:00 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2013 09:01 PM by StayPuft.)
Yeah, Growing Hunger is definitely worth it. I am loving it. Of course, as if all of the other stuff wasn't cool enough, I am a sucker for miniatures. So, getting new heroes and the new red, Grave Dead zombies to me was just absolutely awesome.

It does seem like a bit much, I'll grant you that. Especially considering Growing Hunger tends to be fairly close in price (cheaper, obviously, but still close) to the base game itself. But, it adds a lot to the game.
01-08-2013, 02:31 AM
Yeah - I have no regrets about Growing Hunger.

Survival of the Fittest...we havent been able to work that in yet and I have had it for months now. Starting to wonder if I should have waited...
01-08-2013, 06:45 AM
What's wrong with Survival of the Fittest? Is it difficult to get used to the rules or something? I read about it and it seems like it'll add a lot to the game.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-08-2013, 07:21 AM
(01-08-2013 06:45 AM)Rullys Wrote:  What's wrong with Survival of the Fittest? Is it difficult to get used to the rules or something? I read about it and it seems like it'll add a lot to the game.

You know, I think you are spot on that it will add a lot to the game. But it also means so much more for a group (that I usually have to lead and herd, rule-wise) to remember/keep track of.

It's daunting but I probably just need to push through and make the group take it on!