Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
I got Growing Hunger for Christmas!!!
01-09-2013, 08:48 PM
RE: I got Growing Hunger for Christmas!!!
I don't yet own Survival of the Fittest, and we have yet to use it when my gaming buddy comes with his full set. However, I am sure it wouldn't be that difficult in the long run. It will probably take some getting used to at first to learn all the new rules and stuff. But, then, there was a lot to learn at first with the base game itself. From what I have heard from people here, Survival of the Fittest is really cool.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2013, 09:23 PM
(01-08-2013 07:21 AM)kassle Wrote:  It's daunting but I probably just need to push through and make the group take it on!

They will thank you for it. It just adds more tactical options for the Heroes and the Zombies.
01-10-2013, 12:56 AM
Alright, alright. Watchmen02
01-11-2013, 08:48 AM
Got Growing Hunger in the mail today! Spent most of the night just looking through it and sorting out all the content. Decided, for now, to sort all the tokens and store them in the LNOE box, along with all the boards. I will be using the Groein Hunger box to store all the cards, scenarios, character sheets, and models. Can't wait to play it!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-11-2013, 11:16 PM
(01-11-2013 08:48 AM)Rullys Wrote:  Got Growing Hunger in the mail today! Spent most of the night just looking through it and sorting out all the content. Decided, for now, to sort all the tokens and store them in the LNOE box, along with all the boards. I will be using the Groein Hunger box to store all the cards, scenarios, character sheets, and models. Can't wait to play it!

Yessssss!
For a long time I stuffed everything except SotF in the LNoE box. Although the lid was nearly off!
01-14-2013, 08:21 PM
My gaming buddy who has everything actually found a way to fit it all in one box. (Well, until Timber Peak came along. LOL!) He just removed the black plastic part that has little compartments for everything. Mind you, with EVERYTHING, it was a tight fit, but he was able to get it all to fit in there.

Personally, I don't know why, but I just cannot bring myself to do that. LOL! Maybe I'm a huge nerd... okay, I'm DEFINITELY a huge nerd, but maybe this just adds to it...

But to me, that is part of the box. I can't bring myself to remove it even it it would give me so much more room. LOL! But, for right now I am good. I have all the cards in Growing Hunger now because they fit there (they intentionally gave it deeper pockets for that purpose). I also have all the scenarios and hero cards in it.

Then, I split the L shaped board pieces up half and half. All of that gives me a ton of extra space now left over in the original Last Night On Earth box, as well as the fact that the Growing Hunger box still has a little space, so I should be good for a little while, anyway. I'm sure once I get everything it won't necessarily all fit, but it is working for me now. ;-)
01-15-2013, 03:47 PM
Growing Hunger ish a great addition to the orginal and I love those red zombies! In my oppinion all the expansions are worth the buy and I'm not just saying that cause I'm a sucker for minis :P

I got most of my LNoE stuff in the orginal LNoE box, the hero and scenario cards in SotF box and all the hero and zombie cards in a big Magic cardbox.
And by Magic I mean Magic the Gathering. Looking for a better and more moveable way to store the game and it's components, but this will do for now.
01-15-2013, 06:59 PM
I bought a little divider kit at Container Store for all of the small bits, and am using Container Store vitamin cases to keep my painted humans separate to avoid damage. The Zombies are in a larger divider kit but mixed together as I dont mind if they get a little uglier. Cards & Boards are all in one of the LNOE boxes, although I forget which one.
01-16-2013, 07:58 AM
I also can't bring myself to remove the interior plastic in the boxes, lol.

I think I'm good for now, in terms of keeping everything in 2 seperate boxes. I believe there will still be room for the SOTF expansions. Once I get Timber Peak ... that's when I'll have to find alternatives, lol,
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-17-2013, 08:17 PM
Rullys,

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. LOL! I'll be the first to admit that it makes me extremely nerdy... but I just cannot bring myself to do it. LOL! I like how everything fits into a specific little cubby of its own, and how it is part of the box.

I agree with you, too. It looks as though everything would probably wind up fitting in the two boxes (the original and Growing Hunger) once I get everything. Well, obviously not when I get Timber Peak, but I was personally planning to keep that mostly separate anyway.