Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just got the game..some issues
03-04-2011, 08:59 AM
RE: Just got the game..some issues
My Hero players rarely camp, but I have no problem when they do. Send in a few zobies to harass (and make them use up the cards they're finding), but take advantage of the time by getting your zombies into position to unleash hell when they leave the bulidings. Unless they want to hang out in buildings until sundown and lose the game, they have to come out eventually. Clog escape routes and use zombie hunger to your advantage. Target any Heroes that are seperated from the rest.

Warning: Don't try this is scenarios where the objective relies heavily on Scenario Search Items, since pretty much all the Heroes have to do is cycle through the deck to win those ones. You'll have to press the attack in those situations.

And like everyone else said, use all your cards as soon as you can. It's tempting to hold onto a card until the perfect situation develops. Don't. There are plenty of really nice cards in that deck, and they right one will turn up eventually. My rule of thumb is that if I don't foresee myself being able to use a card this turn or the next, I start looking for a way to get rid of it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2011, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the addition, GI. That definitely helps clarify.
03-05-2011, 07:25 AM
Yeah, it looks really neat to have your zombies all in a mob, but remember that a hero's movement ends when they enter a space w/ one. Spread them out a bit to block hero movement then send them into the building to attack! And as everyone's said, use those cards!
03-05-2011, 08:16 AM
Well I haven't had a chance to try it out again but thanks for the tips. So far doesn't seem like there was any rule I wasn't clear on at least.

I'll keep you posted
03-07-2011, 05:50 PM
I played for the first time last night. As the Heroes. I was all the students, after picking them all randomly. Great I thought, as I could always sacrifice turns to get healed. However, I didn't get any chance to rest up, as I was pursued relentlessly.
Plus most of them all started in the High School, and that was the building that immediately became Overwhelmed by zombies, and also had lights out within just a few turns. I managed to get a revolver, but the dice roll meant that it didn't actually have any ammo. Hard Rain then came along, slowing my movement a bit. And searching for anything decent was really tough. I was completely whooped by the zombies. My attempt at killing 15 zombies in the Die Zombies Die scenario failed miserably. But I had so much fun with my last stand, surrounded in a small shack of a building with just a pitch fork. Final figure at dawn? I'd killed 8 zombies.
03-07-2011, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2011 06:54 PM by vikinglad.)
(03-07-2011 05:50 PM)Jarheadmartian Wrote:  I played for the first time last night... Final figure at dawn? I'd killed 8 zombies.

Welcome to the boards. Sounds like a really rough start for the heroes that game. 8 zombies ain't too shabby after all of that.
03-10-2011, 09:26 AM
Am I correct in assuming that if a zombie rolls a 6 in a fight, then there is no way to get a higher roll? Therefore at best when a hero also rolls a 6 too, it's a tie and they're gonna get wounded anyway. This is by my interpretation of Page 15 of the rulebook. Can someone confirm?
03-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Thats the way I see it, unless you use Johnny's ability or some other event card. Zombies slaughter on 6's!!
03-10-2011, 12:13 PM
Yep, zombies mostly kick hero butt on a 6.
Unless you have an card that adds 1 to your fight dice, have a hero who has an ability to won on ties or have the meatcleaver handweapon, this one instantly kills on a roll of 6.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-11-2011, 12:06 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2011 12:06 PM by Cimex188.)
(03-10-2011 12:13 PM)Emp Wrote:  Yep, zombies mostly kick hero butt on a 6.
Unless you have an card that adds 1 to your fight dice, have a hero who has an ability to won on ties or have the meatcleaver handweapon, this one instantly kills on a roll of 6.

Hmm got a qustion about this, when you say "a card that adds 1 to your fight dice." Does that mean he can have a 7?
I have played it that a 6 is the highest you can get. That meaning you cant add it to 7. So i have maybe played this wrong then?

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.