Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just got the game..some issues
03-11-2011, 06:51 PM
RE: Just got the game..some issues
(03-11-2011 12:06 PM)Cimex188 Wrote:  Hmm got a qustion about this, when you say "a card that adds 1 to your fight dice." Does that mean he can have a 7?
I have played it that a 6 is the highest you can get. That meaning you cant add it to 7. So i have maybe played this wrong then?

Farmer Sty is an example of an card that has the ability "Add or subtract 1 from any Fight Dice roll." This CAN be applied to a roll of 6 for a Hero, allowing them to win the fight if the Zombie rolled a 6.

Sounds like you were playing this a bit wrong, in favor of the zombies. But zombie rolls of 6 are always scary as it is up to the Hero to also roll a 6 and then have one of these types of cards in hand, or win on ties, so I dont think that the way you were playing would have had too much overall impact on fights.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2011, 09:57 PM
(03-11-2011 12:06 PM)Cimex188 Wrote:  Hmm got a qustion about this, when you say "a card that adds 1 to your fight dice." Does that mean he can have a 7?
I have played it that a 6 is the highest you can get. That meaning you cant add it to 7. So i have maybe played this wrong then?

Things that add or subtract 1 are rare, but they aren't capped at 6.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2011, 01:20 PM
Thanks for clearing up the whole thing for me, yep I have played this rule wrong!! Insane21
But I am also 99% the Zombie Player MooHahaHaha (Evil Laughts) Watchmen02

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.
03-19-2011, 05:45 AM
So just to update you all. Three more games since the early troubles. Discovered we were doing a few things wrong now. We did the zombie spawn wrong. We have also now understood the importance for the zombies to play as many cards as possible every turn.

We've had 1 zombie win, 1 close hero win and one game that ended early as someone had to leave (though the zombie player was doing nice)
03-19-2011, 09:34 PM
Ah yes, the zombie spawning. This is also something that gets overlooked easely.
Zombies MUST spawn evenly on all pits and can't just pop up on any pit the zombieplayer chooses.

I'm glad we could help you out! Watchmen02

I am the reason God stopped watching.
03-21-2011, 05:32 AM
Actually what was happening was when we rolled to see IF we spawned new zombies (I believe step 3) we would spawn the number of zombies that were over the number you had on the board during step 6. We have obviously learned the correct way.

Just curious, are there any expansions that increase the board size beyond 4 corners + middle?
03-21-2011, 05:51 AM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2011 05:52 AM by vikinglad.)
(03-21-2011 05:32 AM)StiX Wrote:  Just curious, are there any expansions that increase the board size beyond 4 corners + middle?

Thre are some cool custom ones from members of this site. My favorite is a labryinth of sorts, and you have to fight your way to the rescue location and survive until the truck arrives at dawn. I am going to try to play this the next time we get a game together:
New Rescue at Dawn Scenario Thread
03-21-2011, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2011 11:12 PM by mqstout.)
(03-21-2011 05:32 AM)StiX Wrote:  Just curious, are there any expansions that increase the board size beyond 4 corners + middle?

http://www.flyingfrog.net/lastnightonear...ntent.html
"We've Got To Go Back" does.
03-21-2011, 09:35 PM
(03-10-2011 12:13 PM)Emp Wrote:  Yep, zombies mostly kick hero butt on a 6.
Unless you have an card that adds 1 to your fight dice, have a hero who has an ability to won on ties or have the meatcleaver handweapon, this one instantly kills on a roll of 6.

I play zombies mostly, and I am generally lucky with my dice, when I play with the wife we use a house rule in that if the zombie rolls a 6, then it can only be fended off on a roll of a double 6 unless other bunuses are involved. (basically she used to moan aboutit not being fair and having a little tantrum every time I rolled a 6)

What usually happens is she does a little victory dance when she saves her precious hero, then I use a cornered card or something in the next turn and still get to chomp on their brains.

it just goes to show, compromise and your victory is all the sweeter, besides I have never heard of a zombie starving to death!

Deedle dee dee deedle deedle dee dee dee dee
03-21-2011, 10:55 PM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2011 11:12 PM by mqstout.)
(03-21-2011 12:27 PM)mqstout Wrote:  

http://www.flyingfrog.net/lastnightonear...ntent.html
"We've Got To Go Back" does.

Same link above, "Run For It" and "All Hallows Eve II: The Ritual" also use additional L tiles.