Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just got the game..some issues
06-06-2011, 06:16 PM
RE: Just got the game..some issues
It also bears mentioning that there are some movement tactics you should consider. Zombies do not always have to move (unless affected by Zombie Hunger). This means you can park zombies in certain places to block Hero objectives, or build up a mass of zombies somewhere safe (i.e. inside a building the survivors don't have line of sight into) before moving them out en mass to attack (and thus hopefully some of them make it to the Heroes without getting shot).

Just because thematically the zombies are mindless, doesn't mean you have to play a mindless strategy and just keep pouring single zombies into the meat grinder to get taken out with someone's revolver or the like.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2011, 06:09 PM
My group has had the opposite problem. In our four games so far (two die zombies die, two get to the truck), the heroes haven't won a single time, although the second DZD was within 5 kills, and the second GTTT MIGHT have ended in a hero success if we hadn't ignored the hero respawn rule. Then again, the third and fourth heroes died in fairly close succession to one another, so the zombies might still have won, and we also didn't understand the building-specific item rules (we were playing that the player could declare a search action at the gas station and just dig the gas can out of the deck - without that, the heroes might not have gotten the gas can).

That said, I haven't had a problem with my players camping in the gun shop, either. Our zombie players tend to have enough luck in their draws to shut down building campers.
01-08-2012, 05:35 AM
My group has experienced a pretty even win loss ratio. We've played three games so far and the Zombies have won 2 out of 3.
01-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Well, I think the game is weighted for the Heroes. I think good Zombie strategy is easier to figure out than good Hero strategy, but more needful.

Assuming experienced gamers, I would expect random initial results, followed by Zombie Bias, follow by Hero bias.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user