Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Last Night On Earth L4D
12-14-2010, 12:43 PM
RE: Last Night On Earth L4D
(12-14-2010 09:31 AM)Little_nikki Wrote:  Is there barricade markers and reinforcement markers? If so, Where did you get them?? I want them!!!

.Nikki.

The 'Survival of the Fittest' Expansion has Barricade markers in it.
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Oh! that's so cool! I have to get that now!!! =) Thanks.

(12-14-2010 12:43 PM)Gothicincarnation Wrote:  
(12-14-2010 09:31 AM)Little_nikki Wrote:  Is there barricade markers and reinforcement markers? If so, Where did you get them?? I want them!!!

.Nikki.

The 'Survival of the Fittest' Expansion has Barricade markers in it.

.Nikki.
Find all posts by this user
12-14-2010, 04:08 PM
One can simply pre-apply barricade markers to buildings that begin the game as more secure. as in: "The Bank-Vault has three levels of Barricades on all walls

12-14-2010, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2010 04:51 PM by soundguy.)
barricade markers came out in one of the expansions.. not sure which one though.

I think the average generic zombie in l4d is no more powerfull than a lnoe basic zombie.. the specials now.. they would have to be considered grave dead I'm sure..

soundguy
(12-14-2010 04:08 PM)Pfr_Fate Wrote:  One can simply pre-apply barricade markers to buildings that begin the game as more secure. as in: "The Bank-Vault has three levels of Barricades on all walls

i agree.. or let the heros have x # of barricade markers at setup and barricade a random building, etc.. something to that effect.

soundguy
12-14-2010, 10:37 PM
well for sure just consider the special zombie like grave dead zombie is an underestimation since they have 2 or more skilla that a normal grave dead zombie has.
Anybody ever tried to play with this variant at the end?
12-14-2010, 11:37 PM
i didn't mean to literally play them as grave dead, but for the rules I'd think to keep it ballanced, purchase them as grave dead, and dink with the rules and numbers a bit... perhaps make them 4 dots and cut the number down and call those the smokers ( give them a ranged attack, 2 hit points and d3 move.. the hunter could be 1 move with a 2" leap if they get near a hero, have 2hp and prevent the hero from leaving on their turn... boomers 1 hp, 1d3 move, and explode like a gas marker.. explosion should not do damage but rather cut the hero move to 1d3, and limit ranged attacks to 1 " and also make all zombies within 4" make a 2" hunger move.....

stuff like that.. big bosses like a tank might have to be 3 or 4 dots by themselves... could do the chargers and jockey too..
12-16-2010, 10:05 AM
So nobody ever tried to use them in their campaign. I think that messing up with the rules too much results in a big mess unless a lot of test are done before.
01-10-2011, 12:04 AM
Thanks for making this. I loved L4D and L4D2. I'll definitely download you cards in the future.
04-18-2011, 04:54 PM
Great idea! Would love to play LNoE/L4D!!
01-26-2012, 10:16 PM
LNOE default Zombies are Romero Style, slow mindless hordes with 1 purpose. The Infected from L4D are your more typical modern Zombie, they are fast and aggressive. Both are strong, but if you've played the L4D game you know they like to rush survivors in packs and are prone to changing directions quickly so you'll miss your shot. Also when they turn into a size-able horde they are prone to breaking down walls and doors. You could make a scenario variant ruling that allows them to move faster and possibly break thru a wall/door space if a certain number of them converge into 1 space and use their attack hero phase to break thru. I think the key to making the LONE Mechanics and Zombies play like L4D is to give the Survivor's more opportunities to stock up on weapons to help balance out the Special Infected. My own house rule that can never be more than 1 type of Special Infected, and never more than 4. And only at the finale, which I ruled consisted of waiting out at a certain area of the map for a set number of turns and then reaching the escape vehicle do I allow the Tank. Well stocked buildings and free search markers can really make the difference for the Survivor team. The key is to stay close and work together.

I'm also considering using another house rule, where any survivor armed with a weapon (including range) can use they're fight zombie phase (and only on the Hero's turn) to do the shove attack that's used to keep swarms of Infected from overtaking you, much like the mechanic to shove a Special Infected off a pinned/strangled Survivor.

Once Per Turn, on a that Hero's Fight Zombies Phase, said Hero may chose to do a Shove Attack

The HERO CHOOSES a direction (3 Adjacent Squares)

Roll a D6 for ALL Zombies in the Hero's space (only the space the hero is currently standing on)
On a roll of 4+ a Zombie is pushed back 1 space, Zombie Player's Choice. ( Shove CAN'T be used on Tank, Witch or Charger)
Example:

H = Hero
Z = Zombie
X =Empty Space

XXX
ZHZ
XXX

On the Zombie movement phase the Zombie Player moves both zombies into the Hero's space, after both fights are resolved the hero & Zombies are still standing. The hero chooses to stand his ground despite not having a Melee Weapon. After missing his Shotgun Range attack (but keeping his weapon on a successful discard check) he decides to use his fight phase to push back his attackers. Hero chooses 3 spaces adjacent to himself and each other, in this case the upper right corner (represented as 1,2,3 in this example)

X12
XH3
XXX

He rolls and succeeds on both dice rolls, the Zombie player now chooses how to place his Zombies in the 3 linked spaces that the hero had declared as the direction he was pushing back his attackers.

It might seem overly complicated for something that only pushes a threat away 1 space and does no damage but I like the rule to declare which direction the hero is exerting force because it would seem strange that a Hero could make a group of zombies fly back momentarily in opposite directions. And Zombie Player's Choice is to stop Shove from essentially becoming a broken fire extinguisher. With always faster moving Normal Infected (D3 spaces) and the added threat of Special Infected it just seems right to include Shove into the Scenario mechanics, it is after all one of the most overlooked aspects of staying alive in Left 4 Dead, even more important in L4D2 since they added a hidden fatigue meter to stop players from camping in corners.

I'm looking at this more like a desperation tactic when it seems like you're going to get overwhelmed, the dice roll adds an element of danger where you might fail at creating separation and adding in that you don't need a hand weapon (using the butt end of your rifle, pistol whipping) makes it useful when you don't have a good melee like a meat-cleaver or chainsaw to get rid of a nasty zombie swarm.

I'm think there could be a limit on how many zombie's may be targeted by Shove (Hero's Choice on which to target when there are more targets than allowed), maybe wounds could be factored into it or possibly this could be done at the beginning of the movement phase (give up move instead of fight) or as in roll make 1 roll on a success you may Shove Zombies and roll to move as normal & on a failure you move no Zombies and lose your move for this turn.

Or perhaps roll 1 dice, shove that number of zombies, on a roll of 1 shove no zombies (even if there is only one in the space) and lose your move/search phase for this turn.

What do you guys think? Any feedback would be appreciated