Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Looking for suggestions - Cool special powers for zombie clowns?
09-08-2012, 11:21 AM
RE: Looking for suggestions - Cool special powers for zombie clowns?
(09-08-2012 10:57 AM)zombielover77 Wrote:  I think your right that if you have to roll for every clown it would slow game down a bit but on other hand I do like the idea of random skills simply keep those pesky heroes on there toes but loving the blitz idea that should keep them thinking bout keeping away from crazy clowns.

Would luv to see if anyone can make some carnival/circus board sections or even a centre board just wish I was a bit more of a whizz on a computer.

We had the exact same discussion here. Demand is now rising.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2012, 05:36 PM
http://mansplat.wordpress.com/2012/05/15...ll-eat-me/

Circus clowns don’t scare me. Unless they’re driving the plane, train or clown car I’m riding in. But by and large, painted faces, day-glo hair, putty noses, and even sweet ass multi-colored pajamas don’t invoke any suppressed fear within. I’m pretty well-balanced that way. But circus monkeys are a different tale. I have a deep-rooted fear of having chimpanzee poop thrown at me.

That’s another blog entirely.

But in Scary or Die, a new indie horror movie that’s just now arriving on DVD, VOD, OMG, LOL, WTF, has a flesh-eating clown in it. That’s kinda scary. It also has a vengeful Necromancer (noun 1. a method of divination through alleged communication with the dead; black art), a dirty cop (unwashed officer of the law and/or a corrupt badge wearer), Mexican zombies (Aye caramba!), and a mysterious woman and lonely man looking for love in all the wrong places (Wal-Mart™, garbage can, my apartment).

If you haven’t figured it out already, Scary or Die is (from the website) “five interwoven horror stories that take place in and around the “City of Angles.” (I think they mean Los Angeles. That, or some town loaded with clowns and… Never mind, it’s Los Angeles.)

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
Find all posts by this user
09-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Scarydk,

I definitely understand your point. I kind of disagree that it would slow the game down enough to be much of a problem, though. I mean, there is already so much rolling for this or that. I don't think it would be too much of a problem. But, again, I have not yet play tested it. So, you could be right.

Not to mention, just like the Grave Dead Zombies, I would personally think the Zombie Clowns should be limited to 7. Also, (again, just like Grave Dead) I would say that you have to sacrifice putting 2 zombies on the board in order to put one Zombie Clown. So, the chances are it won't happen too often that there are several Zombie Clown fights all at once.

One of the main reason I like the idea of rolling for a different power each time is that I wouldn't want to give them too many powers all at once. I would worry that would make them a little too over-powered. I mean, something like letting them move more than just one space, and at the same time having more fight dice... to me that just adds too much. But, maybe that is just me.

Again, to each his own for sure. I have yet to play test this, so if I do, maybe I will find that rolling again for a new power each fight would be too much.
09-11-2012, 07:52 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2012 07:54 PM by scarydk.)
I agree.

(09-08-2012 01:04 AM)scarydk Wrote:  These are all over powering abilities so they should either come with a dot cost or be part of a specific scenario.

That said, I do like to see them a bit over powered because they're supposed to be mean suckers Didn't think of the spawn option mimicking the one for spawning grave dead or grave weapons. Good idea.

Like you staypuft I think some play testing is needed before concluding anything. It probably will need some altering. Watchmen02

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
09-12-2012, 09:41 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2012 09:42 AM by Emp.)
zombielover77 Wrote:theres scary looking clown on this site called zlinko,zopov and bubo great sculpt mite invest in these and quite nicely priced

I have these.

[Image: bonky.jpg]

[Image: honky.jpg]

[Image: chuckles.jpg]

If you are going to use the Zombies!!! Clowns they could be evil midget clowns as there are smaller than the lnoe mini's.
There is also no clown in the heroes from Invasion From Outer Space, I just checked. Could be that there is a card in it that has something to do with clowns but I'm not sure. A quick look trough the deck didn't come up with anything. But I'm kinda short on time to look thoroughly.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
09-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Awesome clowns dude nice paint job im gonna have to order these when I get some spare cash :-)
09-12-2012, 10:50 AM
Thank you. These tengu models are indeed a nice addition to the game. In my gaming group they are by far the most favorite characters on the board Watchmen02

09-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Emp, those Zombie Clowns are AWESOME! I may have to look into those myself. Where do we find them, again? Were they one of the links in this thread?
09-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Tengu models. Yes, the link is here somewhere bro.