Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Looking for suggestions - Cool special powers for zombie clowns?
09-06-2012, 04:12 PM
RE: Looking for suggestions - Cool special powers for zombie clowns?
I just wanted to chime in and I couldn't see this mentioned earlier, but if it was I apologize in advance.

Before considering buying the clowns from Zombies!!!, I just wanted to point out that Zombies!!! miniatures are smaller than LNOE. They are likely closer to 15mm in scale while LNOE miniatures are closer to 28mm. Placing them on the same board with LNOE miniatures would likely make them seem like zombie clown children.

In no way do I want to derail the discussion, as I like alot of the suggestions listed. I just wanted StayPuft to know about the scaling issue before he went through with his purchase.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2012, 06:33 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2012 06:33 PM by zombielover77.)
I must admit I thought of that too soon as I find an awesome set of clowns il post a link im on a mission the zombies!!! One would be too small I agree sgiove failing that there is a sculpted I know called rovanite I think he's on here he may be interested in sculpting some zombie clowns.
I must admit I thought of that too soon as I find an awesome set of clowns il post a link im on a mission the zombies!!! One would be too small I agree sgiove failing that there is a sculpted I know called rovanite I think he's on here he may be interested in sculpting some zombie clowns.
09-06-2012, 07:34 PM
(09-06-2012 04:12 PM)sgiove Wrote:  I just wanted to chime in and I couldn't see this mentioned earlier, but if it was I apologize in advance.

Before considering buying the clowns from Zombies!!!, I just wanted to point out that Zombies!!! miniatures are smaller than LNOE. They are likely closer to 15mm in scale while LNOE miniatures are closer to 28mm. Placing them on the same board with LNOE miniatures would likely make them seem like zombie clown children.

In no way do I want to derail the discussion, as I like alot of the suggestions listed. I just wanted StayPuft to know about the scaling issue before he went through with his purchase.

Thanks, sgiove. I didn't know that. We did play Zombies!!! at my gaming night once. He didn't have the clowns, but I'm sure the other pieces from that game are roughly the same size as the clowns. I should have pulled out my LNOE miniatures as we were playing it to compare. I didn't think of that at the time.

Honestly, I think I can let it slide anyway. I'd like them to be the same size, but they are game pieces. They'd work functionally, and would still look pretty cool on the board anyway. Plus, being as they are a custom addition to the game, and not an official part of LNOE, I think my gaming group/friends with whom I may play could let it slide. LOL!
09-07-2012, 11:34 AM
theres scary looking clown on this site called zlinko,zopov and bubo great sculpt mite invest in these and quite nicely priced too.

http://www.tengumodels.co.uk/page2.html

this page has some really cool stuff on for the carnival side of the idea.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=horrorc...99&bih=534

thats it for the moment gonna have another scout in a bit Watchmen02
09-07-2012, 12:18 PM
I can recommend both Tengu and the Heroclix clowns (Cannibal Clowns & Jester). The Heroclix clowns are actually well painted although I think they need to be refitted to another base to work with LNoE.

But if you can't find just the right clown for your carnival, why not just create one yourself using an old mini and some green stuff?

The Laughing Ferret blogspot has some nice examples of how it's done:

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-07-2012, 03:40 PM
That works really well I think I mite have some of them zombies in my bits box from when I started my city zombie apocalypse board but may have to steal them for LNOE and convert them awesome find and good use of old models
09-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Zombielover,

The one link you sent doesn't seem to be working.

Scarydk,

Those look really cool! They could definitely work too. So, somebody turned those into clowns, then? Where did the original minis come from that they used here?
09-07-2012, 07:52 PM
il try and do the links again the zombies in the picture above parts of them are from company called mantic and there part of a zombie horde box set really nice figs

http://www.manticgames.com/Shop-Home/Kin...gures.html

and the other parts of the zombies are from games workshop

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalo...rod1050054

hope that helps dude Zombie14)
09-08-2012, 01:04 AM
Never got around to comment on the outcome of your talks.

First of, I think it's cool that you're all closing in on a common interpretation of how clowns can be played in LNoE. Personally I'd prefer not having to roll for the clown's ability before each fight as I imagine it may set a lower pace for the game. I like the idea that it brings an element of surprise, though. After all that is what clowns do best. But I still prefer a simple mecanic. Also, there could be several fights taking place in each turn involving several clowns causing different abilities to take place both at the same time and in the same space. This could lead to some confusion for the players instead of fun surprises.

Personally I'd go with a Revenge of the dead inspired take on the zombie clowns making them both violently dangerous and fast:
* 2 fight dice
* 1D3 for movement
* may ignore zombie hunger on a movement roll of 3
* blitz: once per turn, if the clown wounds a Hero, the clown may immediately attack any other Hero present in the same or any adjacent space.

These are all over powering abilities so they should either come with a dot cost or be part of a specific scenario.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-08-2012, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2012 11:00 AM by zombielover77.)
I think your right that if you have to roll for every clown it would slow game down a bit but on other hand I do like the idea of random skills simply keep those pesky heroes on there toes but loving the blitz idea that should keep them thinking bout keeping away from crazy clowns.

Would luv to see if anyone can make some carnival/circus board sections or even a centre board just wish I was a bit more of a whizz on a computer.