Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
May I have acess to the downloads section?
08-08-2012, 09:35 PM
RE: May I have acess to the downloads section?
To be honest it is sad to see that people still refuse the rules here...for whatever reason. Pfff coolness... Be cool in real life...not in a virtual one.

I have been a "normal" member since day one here..in fact I think I am the third registered person here. This board was created by Sarku because there was nothing out there that got the fans of Last Night On Earth a place for questions and talk about the game. This board was here before FFP got "big". And the download section was created by us and was open for everyone in the beginning. It was open untill all the leaching began. People just came in, downloaded everything and never looked back. Now how cool is that? Having them stay here just because it is fun to be here was just like saying to a kid " here is the key to my toystore. I am going away now...just don't touch anything"
It did not work because most people are selfish. So Sarku and his then growing posse of mods decided it was best to put some rules down. I personaly prefer a smaller community wich sticks together then a board with a zillion registered users who do nothing else than piss on eachother all day.

And how many fan-started boards can actualy say they have creators and people work for the company that made the game actively contributing to the board? I guess what is being done here is not that wrong after all. It is all in the eye of the beholder...and if you would have been here from the start you probably would look at things from another perspective Tragic.

And there is always the option of donating money to Sarku for the upkeep of the forum because he pays that out of his own pocket. Now that is cool and dedication in my book!
If you donate you get instant access to the download section...and with your donation in a way you help out.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Hey guys! Being a somewhat new member myself, I thought I could throw out my perspective. First I do want to say it has amazed me how polite and motivating everyone has been on this site and Im sure the membership has had alot to do with that. However I think it may be a double edged sword in that not having access to downloads would turn some people away and not grow the community. Custom content is a big part of modern board gaming.

In Tragic's case I can totally understand his disappointment. After talking to him after he picked up AToE it was pretty obvious how excited he was about the game and his plans to add to the community. He has done so much for the LotR LCG community and now that hes focusing some time into my new favorite game I cant wait to see what he does!

http://www.youtube.com/user/MythosGamer/videos
Find all posts by this user
08-08-2012, 10:54 PM
I am not entirely convinced that this "Tragic" is not a bot anyhoo. Watchmen02

Tragic, I can tell you will be a great addition to the forums, especially in representing the currently under-represented ATOE (my fav FFP game).

As far as I know, anyone can register a name and begin posting. This extra section is provided at the expense of our Great Worm Lord, and I believe it is used as a sort of incentive to help stimulate more consistent, active membership. It used to take a fortnight of servitude in Sarku's underground peasant butcheryInsane21; now idle chit-chat is all that is required. Please do not be put off by this. You are all but through the gate into our forbidden mausoleum of dark relics, and also some downloads.
08-08-2012, 11:57 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2012 11:59 PM by Tragic.)
(08-08-2012 10:34 PM)MythosGamer Wrote:  I cant wait to see what he does!

Well like most of the games I like I'll be making a strange Eons plugin for aToE.. Heroes, Villian, Villian Sheet, Monster Counters (Square / Circle) , Location Cards, Event, Mythos Cards, secrets etc etc. I'll prob make a generalised FAQ Title" sheet for people to put a FAQ on and any rules needed for the variant as well a Sheet for co-op, team and vs dice rolls.

I'll be using all my own GFX so as to not annoy the mods, and it will be posted @ Strange Eons and BGG. Though it will be a while b4 the plugin is out as I will have to wait for my pre-order of the Coast to come in the mail.

It will be a all in one strange eons plugin.. much like the other ones I have made.

Also I have a custom scenario I am already thinking about.. based on "Village of the Dammed". I will want to do a few play through so I can get the maniacs under control as well as understand how best to mod them for my theme.

Still should be fun.. looking forward to screwing about with this game a lot.. it is really a very good game.

Roll High!!
Youtube: TragicTheBlathering
08-09-2012, 07:17 PM
One more thing I'd like to add that nobody else mentioned...

Not having access to the Downloads section does not stop you from creating and sharing your own custom content, nor does it stop you from viewing some custom content.

A lot of us share stuff in the "Variants" sections for each game. There is some pretty cool stuff shared in there. So, you can look through that for a bunch of cool stuff, and even share your own custom stuff there as well. ;-)

Tragic,

That is really awesome that you have all of that cool custom stuff in mind to share. Now, even more so, I cannot wait to get a chance to play A Touch Of Evil!
08-10-2012, 11:08 AM
(08-04-2012 06:49 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  In the mean time, you may be able to search around the forums and find some templates, etc in the threads themselves. I would start in the "Variants" sections. I hope you stay active with us; I think you would make a great addition to our ranks. Zombie13

(08-09-2012 07:17 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  One more thing I'd like to add that nobody else mentioned...

Good idea dude. Insane20 Sorry, couldn't resist.

I am voting for Tragic for all kinds of membership now. If OD could just say that chant for Sarku for us, we would be set. Freak01
08-10-2012, 11:11 AM
(08-10-2012 11:08 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  
(08-04-2012 06:49 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  In the mean time, you may be able to search around the forums and find some templates, etc in the threads themselves. I would start in the "Variants" sections. I hope you stay active with us; I think you would make a great addition to our ranks. Zombie13

(08-09-2012 07:17 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  One more thing I'd like to add that nobody else mentioned...

Good idea dude. Insane20 Sorry, couldn't resist.

I am voting for Tragic for all kinds of membership now. If OD could just say that chant for Sarku for us, we would be set. Freak01

Come on OD say the magic words!
08-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudalidhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga

Litany of the Worm

The Words are Spoken

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
08-10-2012, 02:31 PM
Isn't it hotliqirikaluyaH? I think you performed the wrong ritual.
08-10-2012, 02:32 PM
He's been blue for two days now... Zombie03

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga