Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Munchkin Zombies
03-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Munchkin Zombies
From the back of the box:
"KILL THE LIVING! EAT THEIR BRAINS! BRAAIIINS!
It's the sickest, silliest Munchkin yet! You are zombies, kicking down doors and eating brains. The "monsters" you're attacking are people, some helpless and some hazardous, with a few rogue zombies thrown in. The armor is whatever you've blundered acress during your lurching for brains. So bravely you'll go forth, with mousetraps on your feet and a bowling trophy protecting your poor rotting head... to level up, or die. Again."

I am a big fan of Munchkin, but had gotten a little burnt out with all the expansions - it always felt like the same game with a different skin. And the original was always the best and favorite. But while wandering my local nerd store killing time last night, I happened upon this new expansion and had to pick it up.

With every Munchkin game, there are always two aspects towards creating a character that are unique to that set of Munchkin, the most common being Race and Class. I was curious to see what they would do for the zombie genre.
Mojo: This is the type of zombie you are - Atomic, Plague, and Voodoo. If you don't have Mojo, you are just a vanilla brain-muncher.
Powers: This is the same system as the powers used in Super and Bites. Powers include Fast, Rotting, Smart, Stealthy, Strong, and Tough.

The monsters are normal people for the most part. They are still called monsters for consistancy with the other Munckin releases. As always, this set can be mixed with the other Munckin sets for ridiculous genre crossing games. I just picked this up and haven't gotten to play it yet, but I am hoping to get a game in this weekend. I let you all know how it goes!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2011, 09:25 AM
RE: Munchkin Zombies
So I guess you need the original Munchkin to play this?
I heard of munchkin but never played it myself.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-31-2011, 02:21 PM
(03-31-2011 09:25 AM)Emp Wrote:  So I guess you need the original Munchkin to play this?
I heard of munchkin but never played it myself.

Nope, do not need the original to play this. Each Munchkin expansion is a standalone. It uses the same game engine as far as combat and turn structure, but the details are different for each release based on what genre it is going for (similar to LNOE and IFOS).

When you mix Munchkin sets, you get some very random combinations for characters. For intance, if you were to mix the original Munckin with Munchkin Zombies, you could end up being a 5th level Stealthy Plague Dwarf Cleric fighting a Stoned Golem with a Shotgun.
03-31-2011, 10:57 PM
ah, cool. I will maybe have to pick up the zombie version Watchmen02

04-20-2011, 05:05 PM
I only have the original Munchkin but it is one of my favorite games to play. So funny and so much fun. I rarely ever win though, but I am great at preventing other people from reaching that coveted level 10.
05-19-2011, 04:10 PM
I picked it up a couple of nights ago, havent had a chance to play it yet though.
05-19-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm so fuckin pissed off right now.
I forgot about this game and when this thread popped up again I looked for a place to rder it online.
Found it on amazon.com for 18$ but they don't ship to Europe so I checked the co.uk version. 34£ (inc shipping)
Check that difference in prices!! Unbelievable.... Insane19 Insane19 Insane19

05-19-2011, 08:29 PM
(05-19-2011 08:02 PM)Emp Wrote:  I'm so fuckin pissed off right now.
I forgot about this game and when this thread popped up again I looked for a place to rder it online.
Found it on amazon.com for 18$ but they don't ship to Europe so I checked the co.uk version. 34£ (inc shipping)
Check that difference in prices!! Unbelievable.... Insane19 Insane19 Insane19

Holy crap! Well, hold off ill tell you if its worth buying! lol
05-20-2011, 12:16 AM
I had no idea that the dollar had recovered so well in the last few days.

Seriously, isn't that like $50, for Munchkin?! Crazy.
05-31-2011, 07:29 AM
I actually almost bought this the other day. I've only played the original Munchkin a couple of times, but I'm not a huge fan because I wasn't really that interested in it and I don't like how the rules allow for a lot of interpretation.

But I think it would be really really fun mixed with a zombie theme. I might have to try it out.