Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Purchasing Expansions
10-04-2012, 07:55 PM
RE: Purchasing Expansions
(10-03-2012 04:59 AM)Bokya Wrote:  Thanks for that.

I ended up going crazy and buying the following:

LNOE: SotF
LNOE: HP1
LNOE: TP
ATOE
ATOE: SW

Same boat here. Newish player, and have gone completely insane about the game in a short amount of time. Bought LNOE toward the end of August, and have bought Growing Hunger, Survival of the Fittest, Grave Weapons, Hero Pack 1, and all of the web exclusive scenarios.

I'm forcing myself to wait on Timber Peak. Maybe til Xmas, so that I can play through the other scenarios. BUT HAVING SUCH A DIFFICULT TIME HOLDING OFF!!! Insane20
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Hi everyone, i hope you guys don't mind if i hop on bokya's thread and ask for advice. I'm getting my base LNOE set three days from now and I'm thinking of placing an order for an LNOE expansion for Christmas. What should I get? I think i can only afford 1 right now - should I get Timber Peak, Growing Hunger, or the other smaller expansions?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-07-2012, 12:15 PM
If you have the base game I would advise Growing Hunger. It expands it greatly. My experience was that we played LNoE base for a year then got GH which lasted another year and then the following expansions. GH adds the most to the base game (I find), compared to the other expansions...

The thing is that even though SotF adds f.ex. barricades, GH just gives the game more spine or more 'main content', while the other expansions expand with more possibilities (dot rules mostly). While that is well and good and exciting, it can feel a bit empty without more main content (a bunch of more scenarios and some l-shaped boards and characters, as well as a humoungous amount of cards).

Cheerio,
ST

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
10-15-2012, 11:08 PM
I don't play LNoE much but Cool Stuff recently has a great sale om A&A E & P which left me needing
a little for free shipping So I ordered TP

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again: