Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Request for promotion
05-13-2014, 12:48 PM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2014 01:17 PM by aprillo.)
RE: Request for promotion
So I thought I'd put this here as it may be somewhat of an incentive for upgrading me sooner (if it is in anyway possible to expedite the process).

For the past week I've not been working, thus I've had a lot of free time. I've dedicated roughly 80% of that free time to making a full expansion for LNOE. Now when I say expansion what I mean is:

5 new L shaped board pieces
1 new center board piece
5 or so (still in the making) scenarios
10 new heroes

About a month back I started watching the series Lost. And like most people who took time time to watch 1 episode... I was hooked and now I've finished the series (like I said... not working now). As a result this show has often been on my mind and it got me thinking, how cool would it be if there were lost based scenarios... what if there were Lost based character sheets... omg what if I made a Lost board. A week later (today) I had.

I have all the scenarios worked out in my head at the moment, but still haven't produced them. It was a lot of work to make the board from scratch and so that took a lot of time (I don't have templates for it, if such a thing even exists, as I'm still not a full member, so I started with a white page, and worked from there :P).

As for the characters, half of them have been made. But I'm reluctant to continue as I'm not satisfied with them. The design is bang on and the abilities are both thematic and true to LNOE, but the color is off and the fonts are a little off too.

So for now all I have for you is the board, but it's awesome. and once I've made the scenarios, I'll upload those to a thread too. Until I have access to the downloads though, neither TZG nor I will have any heroes, as I can't bring myself to make them with my template Insane19 Sorry all.

I wanted to wait until it was all done to show it to you all, but I'm just too excited after finishing the board.

Please, don't make your own Lost heroes, as it would take away from the unveiling of my own. I don't claim to have a right to them. Just out of respect, if it's not to much to ask. thank you

The first image in the pdf has the pieces all put together the way they geographically fit. I intend on playing the scenarios on the board exactly as its configured in the picture with all five board pices at it is the most accurate. But you could always drop the black rock. Or replace the forest tile with the black rock if you so chose. And of course you could even shuffle the pices and lay them randomly. Choice is yours. Just thought id add my input though on authentic lost orientation pissibilities. The way i see it...

All 5 L shaped pieces configured as depicted = genuine Lost
Dropping the black rock = genuine Lost + traditional LNOE
Swapping the black rock for the forest and dropping forest tile = cheating distances from Lost + traditional LNOE
Shuffling tiles and using only 4 L's = Genuine LNOE, lost style.

So no configuration is really better than any other. It all depends on where your loyalties lay.
Hope you all like them. They're the result of a lot of hard work Watchmen02

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Board Pieces To Scale, 1 File.pdf (Size: 5.27 MB / Downloads: 14)

They're coming for us!!! ... Brains brains ... Ahhh somebody save-- ... Om nom nom
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2014, 01:49 PM
That's a lot of really great work! Someone get this guy download access!
05-13-2014, 03:11 PM
Great job but only Sarku can upgrade you & he's involved in moving & trying to re-launch
District Z KS .So as soon as he checks in on his Minions I'm sure he'll approve you.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
05-13-2014, 05:24 PM
Great work. Any fans of LNoE or LOST shoud check aprillo's link. The work was worth it good buddy, even though this early stages.
05-13-2014, 08:25 PM
Thanks you guys glad you like it. Oh hes still moving. Okay well no problem. Mostly i couldnt wait to show everyone what id made Watchmen02

They're coming for us!!! ... Brains brains ... Ahhh somebody save-- ... Om nom nom
05-14-2014, 12:04 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2014 12:05 PM by aprillo.)
Hey friends great news! Since Old Dwarf Informed me of The Great Worm's predicament i decided to have a go at editing my template for heroes... it's perfect now. A little grainy due to it being a scanned image, but not to the extent that it looks bad, and overall the card is really nice. so once i have all the heroes and scenarios made, i'll make a new thread and post the full expansion!

So in a couple of days we should all be playing

LOST Day on Earth: The Zombie Game :P

05-14-2014, 07:05 PM
I checked it out again. I like the Title LOST Night on Earth. My wife's a big LOST fan and she thought it was cool too.
05-15-2014, 11:53 AM
(05-14-2014 07:05 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  I checked it out again. I like the Title LOST Night on Earth. My wife's a big LOST fan and she thought it was cool too.

Oh yeah right it's night on earth :P

lol to busy changing the 'a' to an 'o' that I missed that teehee

05-15-2014, 10:16 PM
(05-07-2014 11:21 PM)aprillo Wrote:  here's my draft of the custom scenario. Again, it's not done yet. but i thought I should upload it to prove I'm serious.

aprillo, your scenario looks fun, especially for someone like samuraitrev who actually has models for the townsfolk. One small thing I noticed that seemed odd thematically: the truck takes 4 movements to cross the bridge but the mutant zombies cross it in 1 movement.

I look forward to seeing your final product.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
05-16-2014, 12:01 PM
(05-15-2014 10:16 PM)goodcop2000 Wrote:  
(05-07-2014 11:21 PM)aprillo Wrote:  here's my draft of the custom scenario. Again, it's not done yet. but i thought I should upload it to prove I'm serious.

aprillo, your scenario looks fun, especially for someone like samuraitrev who actually has models for the townsfolk. One small thing I noticed that seemed odd thematically: the truck takes 4 movements to cross the bridge but the mutant zombies cross it in 1 movement.

I look forward to seeing your final product.

Thank you. And we'll the idea there was that these mutant zombies were less like a traditional zombie and more like the quick and strong zombies you see in films like I am legend. So the idea is that they're chasing down the truck and slowing it down by like grabbing onto it, jumping onto the hood etc. unfortunately in my lares update it was deemed after the last few play tests that despite the map orientation favouring zombies, there's just too few on the board to be a significant threat to the Heroes. So I've eliminated the mutant zombies and the whole bridge scene so that one could play with zombie horde (I realize that with other expansions one would have more zombie figures available to them but at the present I only have growing hunger and the base game). I haven't play tested it since the adjustment though which is why I haven't updated the scenario yet.