Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Resilients
09-14-2011, 07:33 PM
RE: Resilients
Watchmen02 lmao. Yes, you do immediately fall, but the earth-shattering kersplat at the end doesn't happen.

But I see your point, so we'll take the analogy even further into Wile E Coyote's testing range with the following hypotheticals:

Wile E Coyote makes a collision attack against Roadrunner using "ACME Aston Martin - Wounds Roadrunner on a roll of 3 or higher"

Roadrunner uses "Surprise Cliff! - Any car occupied by Wile E Coyote immediately falls off a cliff and deals one wound to Wile E Coyote."

Wile E Coyote uses "James Bond Glider Wings - Any time a vehicle would be sent off a cliff, you may discard Glider Wings instead to safely glide the car back to earth."

Road Runner plays "Surprise landmine - Any time a vehicle goes from the air to the ground for any reason, that vehicle is instantly destroyed, and its driver is instantly killed."

Wile E Coyote tries to play "Mother! - Prevent a wound." Unfortunately, Surprise landmine has already instantly killed him.

Watchmen01
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-2011, 08:53 PM
(09-14-2011 07:33 PM)thanatos Wrote:  Watchmen02 lmao. Yes, you do immediately fall, but the earth-shattering kersplat at the end doesn't happen.

But I see your point, so we'll take the analogy even further into Wile E Coyote's testing range with the following hypotheticals:

Wile E Coyote makes a collision attack against Roadrunner using "ACME Aston Martin - Wounds Roadrunner on a roll of 3 or higher"

Roadrunner uses "Surprise Cliff! - Any car occupied by Wile E Coyote immediately falls off a cliff and deals one wound to Wile E Coyote."

Wile E Coyote uses "James Bond Glider Wings - Any time a vehicle would be sent off a cliff, you may discard Glider Wings instead to safely glide the car back to earth."

Road Runner plays "Surprise landmine - Any time a vehicle goes from the air to the ground for any reason, that vehicle is instantly destroyed, and its driver is instantly killed."

Wile E Coyote tries to play "Mother! - Prevent a wound." Unfortunately, Surprise landmine has already instantly killed him.

Watchmen01

I laughed so hard i cried. No really !!! That is TOOOoooo funny. Im speechless....no...Im laughing.

TY Hugz

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
09-16-2011, 02:44 PM
The why does Resilience even have the word "immediatley" ? The card would be played fine with out that word. Discard gun, anytime play.

Yet, it has immediatley ???

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
09-16-2011, 03:09 PM
Mainly because immediately doesn't mean the same thing as instantly in LNOE vocabulary. It's just indicating that is the very next action that must be taken, barring counter abilities like Ammo or Strength of Spirit.
09-21-2011, 01:08 PM
i have to agree that the gun is gone ammo or no ammo, for me and my friends it comes down to fairness, since the card says immediately discard the gun why can hero use an ammo card to evade the term immediately when a zombie can't play hate the living or another card to evade immediately on the meat cleaver of the garden shears.

Can't save the world??... then prepare for its end.
09-21-2011, 02:16 PM
thank you,
09-21-2011, 02:28 PM
@JMun233: See the conversation regarding the difference between immediately vs instantly, as well as the difference between discarding vs dying Watchmen02
09-21-2011, 02:56 PM
no opinion anymore, just play it how ever you want

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
09-21-2011, 04:04 PM
(09-21-2011 02:56 PM)Pred Wrote:  no opinion anymore, just play it how ever you want

LOL agree to disagree How many licks does it take to get to the center of a lollizombie ?

Princess Jacquelyn of Necropois 'Feed me your flesh'