Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.33 Average
Secret Santa 2012
11-08-2012, 05:38 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2012 08:03 PM by mqstout.)
Secret Santa 2012
[Image: SecretZombieSanta.jpg]

We've done a TZG.com Secret Santa for the last few years to great success -- everyone has a good time. Guess what? WE'RE DOING IT AGAIN! What's a secret santa? All particants will put their names into a hat, they'll be shuffled around and each of us will purchase a gift for one other. Here's how it will work:

[Image: santafrog.png]
  • Participants will sign up in this thread and by private messaging me (click the little PM icon at the bottom left after this post) with their physical mailing address.
  • Sign ups will last until 26 November 2012. If we have enough participants (~10+) by then, Secret Santa's good to go.
  • You will then have one week — until 03 December — to post a wishlist of 3-5 gift ideas you might enjoy, priced up to around $20 in a separate thread. Try to include links to online stores if you can. Are you willing to be surprised? Give more open-ended suggestions! But, try to have at least one concrete request — not everyone is a creative gifter. Selections of Flying Frog product are encouraged but not required!
  • I will then draw the names and PM each member the name and address of their not-quite-unsuspecting victim.
  • You will then have 2 weeks to sleigh your victim. Select a gift and have it shipped to him or her. Notify me by PM when you have had the item sent and I will inform them (in another thread) of the impending doom.
  • Rejoice and jovially celebrate the end of the year and show your gratitude as your gifts arrive. Unboxing or action shots are appreciated!
[Image: bear.png]

Post any questions here, or PM me.

[Image: SantaZombieSuit-Flickr-callmekato.jpg]
Zombie Santa photo by Flickr user callmekato, licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2012, 06:26 PM
RE: Secret Santa 2012
Darn, wish I could join.
11-08-2012, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2012 06:45 PM by mqstout.)
Why can't you? We've got plenty of internationals on here.
11-08-2012, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2012 07:03 PM by scarydk.)
Just out of curiosity; are 'victims' going to be drawn based on location? And should the presents be sent directly to the victims address from the online store or is it a more creative event where the gift is wrapped with a more personal scary xmas note by the TZG member before posting it to his/her victim?

This does sound like loads of fun. Watchmen02

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
11-08-2012, 07:10 PM
It's usually store direct to the person, but you can certainly do the latter. I think in years past the host did draw people roughly by continent...

Did you do it that way Sarku/Zombie67?
11-08-2012, 07:33 PM
As you know mqstout. I'm on board as usual and I'd like to encourage as many as possible to take part. It's a great way to treat fellow members and it's hasslefree.
Find all posts by this user
11-08-2012, 10:24 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2012 10:25 PM by scarydk.)
I guess the first rule of Secret Santa is you do not know your 'secret' santa, but are we going to know the username of our victim or are we going to have one grand who's who finale in january? I know it's not really part of the concept but I see a lot of potential fun trivia here.

Back in school we had a variant where everyone had to guess who'd been their secret santa. I think it could be fun if everyone were to leave some kind of clue to ones victim in order for he/she to guess the identity or 'username' of their secret santa. A blood sample perhaps to stay within the theme...

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
11-08-2012, 10:38 PM
As a Santa, you'll know who your victim is. As a victim, you don't know who your secret Santa is.
11-08-2012, 10:48 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2012 10:50 PM by Emp.)
I'm in. I'm no big on breaking traditions here Watchmen02

The entire thing about SECRET Santa is that you do not know who gave you your present.
Last year some people figured out who gave their gift to them a,d others were left completely in the dark.
Last year I got to buy some wacky cookiecutters for someone...mwuhahaha...and I ended up buying the same ones for me as well Watchmen02

I too hope on a big following. It grows every year so this is fun Watchmen02

In fact...let's just bump this little badboy fun crazy thing to an even higher level.

Whoever gets picked so that I need to send them a gift...I will send them a custom made artwork just for that person (size A4) If the allmighty Mqstout grants me this possibility ofcourse.
I sell my art or do custom jobs for allot more than 20$ Zombie03

So if MQ is ok with it....the participants just need to enter one little extra thing in their wishlist.
- something that describes you as a person. What makes you tick? What's your little thing? Hobby? Job? Just name it and I will draw something up.

If you do not wich this option just enter at the bottom of your wishlist "no artwork"

I am the reason God stopped watching.
11-09-2012, 01:55 AM
Emp, I think custom artwork's a good idea if the recipient's willing.