Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shamble - declare zombie before roll?
03-01-2013, 04:02 PM
RE: Shamble - declare zombie before roll?
Damn, I had to go to google translate to get the meaning for "lunge"... hahhaaha

Agreed, lunge is a better word (even the Portuguese translation would fit perfectly!)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2013, 08:47 PM
Or even something more thematic, like "This one's a runner!" Funny enough, though, I'm so used to it now, I wouldn't want it to be called anything else. LOL!
04-15-2013, 10:39 PM
(01-23-2013 02:30 PM)alderdust Wrote:  The worst is when you use shamble and roll a 1....you're like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

Unless you're playing a hero, then your like YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!
04-16-2013, 07:56 AM
There's a Shamble story I have.

Recently had a game of "We've got to get back!".

There were already 3 heroes in one spot (a bit hammered up already) fighting 3 Zombies (trying to save Jenny with one Bio-Canister) as I drew the card making me draw another 3 cards. All of them were Shamble (the cards were shuffled - I swear)! And I really rolled 5s and 6s with all of them (I named the Z beforehand correctly) so at last the heroes ended up fighting 7 or 8 zombies. All of the heroes were killed. That was some lucky streak and quite a meal for the Zs. Unfortunately they all were killed in the next turn as Sheriff Anderson came with a gas can and burned all of them except one.

In the end the heroes still won (because the new hero came next to the second Bio Canister). But it was a very tough game (and those are the best).
04-16-2013, 07:14 PM
I know that the official rule is that you have to name them beforehand, but I don't get the reasoning. The Heroes get to see their dice roll before deciding to move. It seems to make sense that the zombies should also.

Maybe it is just a balance thing, but considering that most people think the Heroes are OP with all expansions I think small advantages for the zombie player should be allowed.