Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So I had this idea....LNOE Skype!
02-02-2013, 02:39 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2013 02:40 AM by alderdust.)
So I had this idea....LNOE Skype!
So I had this idea since most of the members are so distant from one another....Skype LNOE! We could get a group to all Skype video chat and have one person in control of the board moving heroes and zombies to where the other players specified. Each person could still roll there own dice and make decisions. Let me know what you think and if you would ever be interested in trying it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2013, 03:41 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2013 03:41 AM by mqstout.)
RE: So I had this idea....LNOE Skype!
Cards are the problem. There's a lot of hidden information. I've considered doing such a thing before.
I'd use roll20 instead of Skype.

I guess I might volunteer to "game master" and do all the card drawing but not play so no one runs into information problems.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-02-2013, 06:53 AM
(02-02-2013 03:41 AM)mqstout Wrote:  Cards are the problem. There's a lot of hidden information. I've considered doing such a thing before.
I'd use roll20 instead of Skype.

I guess I might volunteer to "game master" and do all the card drawing but not play so no one runs into information problems.

With the cards each person would have their own set of cards..this sound totally doable to me!

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
02-02-2013, 07:47 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2013 07:52 AM by alderdust.)
We could use our own decks and draw from them maybe.

I've never heard of roll20 is that like a Dungeons and dragons video thing?
02-02-2013, 04:13 PM
It's an "online tabletop". Meant for RPGs, yes, but can be used for other. It has multipoint audio/video and a whiteboard with a grid.
02-02-2013, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2013 07:19 PM by alderdust.)
That would work does it have a LNoE grid?

Anyone else interested we would like to have 5 players
02-03-2013, 05:35 PM
Maybe someone can create a mod in the Vassal, vassal for those who dont know is a program that lets you create board games for playing online but it does not apply automatic rules, check it out
02-03-2013, 06:04 PM
(02-03-2013 05:35 PM)argailwall Wrote:  Maybe someone can create a mod in the Vassal, vassal for those who dont know is a program that lets you create board games for playing online but it does not apply automatic rules, check it out

Sounds like you just volunteered haha Watchmen02
02-04-2013, 02:28 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2013 03:25 AM by friskers96.)
There is an outdated vassal mod missing most of the art due to licensing issues and it needs some tweaks. When I get a minute I can hop on the PCM and post it to the DL section if someone was so inclined to fix er up...

I posted it under LNOE Vassal MOD under the Misc section, hope someone smarter than me can fix it. I believe it is still waiting approval.

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
02-04-2013, 08:18 AM
in order to have it right in Vassal it is best to ask Flying Frog first for their approval, i remember there was another company which let people create vassal modules but with the restriction that if the games come out in commercial(and they eventually came, on iPad and PC) they should drop it from Vassal, i don't see a reason why Flying Frog won't do the same