Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Thoughts on World War Z
07-04-2013, 07:23 PM
RE: Thoughts on World War Z
(07-03-2013 06:00 AM)Sarku Wrote:  I completely prefer the audiobook of World War Z. If you haven't done so, check it out. Absolutely worth a listen.

That is funny. Other people have said that to me too. I dunno about audio books, though. I like to read. So I am not so sure I'd want to listen to an audio book. I think I'd rather just read the book.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2013, 08:07 PM
Each part is read by different notable actors. It's a complete experience. You won't be sorry.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-06-2013, 12:34 AM
i may try it. thought .. I bet switching vehicles between jobs may make it hard to keep track correct.
07-09-2013, 03:14 AM
(07-04-2013 08:07 PM)Sarku Wrote:  Each part is read by different notable actors. It's a complete experience. You won't be sorry.

Hmm... perhaps. Could always give me something to do on the train ride.
07-09-2013, 09:22 AM
Ok, yesterday I saw it and I have to agree with some of you. It's a really good movie at all but the hype they make around it is definitely too much.
I am also a fan of the slow but strong zombies but I liked their new ant-style zombies. It's a new fresh way to play with the zombie threat.
As an so big action movie, I missed a little bit more 'human vs zombie battle action' and maybe a little bit blood. I don't need gore and violence at all but when an elite soldier protects an important civilian, it gives me a sense of delight to see some headshots.

What I really liked were the shock moments. There were two or three I didn't expect and that is something special because I like watching Horror movies and watch a lot of them. When I was young it was more the splatter type movies like 'hostel' or 'saw' but growing up changed my interest to atmospheric, oppressive (hope this is the correct word for it) movies like 'paranormal activity', 'Mama' type.

All in all it's a really good movie everyone can watch but hardcore zombie fans don't have to expect 'the ultimate zombie movie'. I will watch it again when the dvd will be released but in between I'll read the book or hear the audio book.
07-09-2013, 02:11 PM
i start the book at lunch. looking forward to it. if any of it parallels the movie.. at least i'll have some stock footage to imagine while reading. Watchmen02
07-13-2013, 04:24 PM
More 007 than WWZ. Enjoyed it though.
07-13-2013, 08:46 PM
which did you prefer more?
07-13-2013, 10:38 PM
(07-13-2013 08:46 PM)soundguy Wrote:  which did you prefer more?

SPOILER ALERT!

No, not a comparison but comment on the way our hero was jetting around the globe, surviving crashes and coming up with the winning plan / strategy.
07-13-2013, 11:26 PM
(07-13-2013 10:38 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  
(07-13-2013 08:46 PM)soundguy Wrote:  which did you prefer more?

SPOILER ALERT!

No, not a comparison but comment on the way our hero was jetting around the globe, surviving crashes and coming up with the winning plan / strategy.

When the plain crashed my friend said "man, he has been going trough some rough shit" and I commented "...or just got very lucky..."
We both chuckelled Watchmen02

There is no comparisson betweend the book and movie.
I just might and pick up that audio book as well.
Where can I find it?

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user