Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
We should have a 'Custom hero"competition
12-30-2010, 05:06 PM
We should have a 'Custom hero"competition
Yes, we should Zombie03.

I think 4 out of 5 members have ideas or already have made some custom herocaracters. We should shere them and look which is best. That way we would have a good bunch of custom heroes and it will get us some quality heroes also.

maybe we could send them to the mods (who are doing a terrific job btw) to collect them. Every member could share his or hers 3 best.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2010, 05:25 PM
RE: We should have a 'Custom hero"competition
I'm not against it. I'm just a little poor right one to purchase any prizes. Maybe in the near future we'll have an official contest. If anyone wants to help out with prize donation or if you know of any sites that would offer up some prizes, that'd be much appreciated as well.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-30-2010, 05:39 PM
Prizes shouldn't be the most important thing. i don't know if the experience of you and the other mods is that otherwise people will not get in to the competition?
If so, than maybe there is a possibility to buy the 12 heroessets or 2 of them with the winner picking 3 heroes of his/hers choice (maybe to convert them or make zombieheroes out of them) place 2 will have to pick two out of the remaining # 3 will have a choice out of the rest to pick 1 and all the members who had a entry will have one out of the remains.

That could be a nice add to the competition,
(don't know if there comes a promocard with that otherwise we could use that also as a prize.)
I think this would be a nice and payable optiond, but other thoughts are welcome also.
01-11-2011, 07:10 PM
I'd LOVE to participate.

But I believe it'd be unfair if it was just bring a hero to the competition. I think the judge(s) should post perhaps a round that meets a specific criteria. IE: "Make a female student" "Make an animal be a hero" "Make a female that has a specific profession not used" Etc. Perhaps even have more than 1 round with each round getting points.

5 rounds, 5 different criteria. Each contestant gets voted on creativity, power, theme, etc. Ranked down. After 5 rounds, most points wins.
01-11-2011, 07:24 PM
When/if it comes along, it should be text-only. Yes, we have the templates, but finding the picture/making it match should be the last thing done. The text is really what counts.
01-11-2011, 07:38 PM
(01-11-2011 07:24 PM)mqstout Wrote:  When/if it comes along, it should be text-only. Yes, we have the templates, but finding the picture/making it match should be the last thing done. The text is really what counts.

I'm okay with that, but perhaps you should at least have a "This is what the card would look like":

Army Guy - 3 wounds - Military Male
[Picture of a buff grunt with a buzzed head holding a rifle]
Abilities
01-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Hmmm... I like that idea... we could have rounds. The winner of each round will have they're text-only creation designed as a card. That way people with no design software and/or skills could have an awesome card. We'll have 5 rounds. 1-5 points assigned to each round. It could be a poll with the highest number of votes getting 5 points down through 5th place getting 1 point. I guess it depends upon if that many enter or not... 1-3 place could win "something"... don't know what... but the contest idea seems sound...

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
01-12-2011, 04:35 PM
I like the idea. I would really like to be able to create my own characters and scenarios on those 'official' looking boards. Unfortunatly computers are confusing contraptions, which I confess perplex me utterly. However if someone could post an idiots guide or post me a link I would go for it. Zombie24
01-25-2011, 07:45 AM
I would be in for that. I think it would be fun. Watchmen02

Mistrunner
Death is Only the Begining.
01-25-2011, 11:54 PM
I'm in!!