Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What does FFP need to add?
08-14-2012, 08:54 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2012 11:43 PM by Sharkey.)
RE: What does FFP need to add?
(08-14-2012 08:00 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  Sharkey,

I love the ideas you illustrated here. Your military expansion idea sounds awesome!

I couldn't help but throw in one thing I thought would be an awesome addition to it...

A new type of zombies...

Military zombies. They would be soldiers who became zombies. So, they could possibly still be wearing helmets, armor, etc. and even be carrying explosives like grenades that they no longer have the intellect to use, but could still blow up without warning.

With all that, you could imagine there could be a few special powers they get:

Because of the armor, helmets, etc. they could maybe take more than one wound to kill.

Because of the explosives still strapped to them, maybe they have the potential to instantly kill heroes (though they would take themselves out in the process). Maybe it could be the sort of thing where, in a situation where they get two or more fight dice, they blow up if they roll doubles.

Great idea! There could be two new Grave Weapon Zombies added with the expansion:

-Armored Zombie: Soldier zombie wearing kevlar. Has 2 health, has 2 Armor markers (assume 1 was taken when the soldier was alive). Whenever Armored Zombie is about to be wounded, roll a D6. On a roll of 3+, instead of taking the wound, remove an Armor marker.

-Zombie Bomber: Grenadier soldier turned zombie, strapped with explosives. Has 2 health. Essentially a walking propane tank. If Zombie Bomber is wounded, roll a D6. On rolls 4+, Zombie Bomber explodes. When Zombie Bomber explodes, all characters in its square are killed instantly, adjacent square characters are wounded on roll 3+.

I really like the idea of the Zombie Bomber as he reminds me of the "One Dangerous Zombie" mode from the gamecube remake of Resident Evil. In that mode, there's a zombie strapped with grenades, and if he was ever shot/killed he blew up and caused a Game Over. The Zombie Bomber is a rather equal threat to the heroes, though they can take him out from a distance with ranged weapons, and there is the chance he might not explode (2 chances at 50% on roll). Still, you definitely don't want to get in a close fight with this guy, as you may end up rolling doubles in the fight, and then causing him to explode. The zombie player also needs to be careful in placing this zombie as they don't want a hero to get lucky and take out numerous zombies with him. He's different from the Exploding Grave Weapon Zombie in that he won't randomly explode on his own, he requires damage done by a hero. He also has more health and does way more damage when he goes off.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-15-2012, 07:27 AM
I would love them to bring in out on pc/xbox , they could release each one separately under the same shell, allowing a menu to hold last night, attack from, etc etc. Board game boxes could be printed with a code to allow you to unlock that game, expansion or supplement on your online game, they could do online game expansions without buying the boxed version if they wanted (maximum profit I suppose) but I personally think that'd be wrong, imo you're buying a board game / expansion with the ability to play it online with friends further afield.

I love playing irl on a board, It's part of the effect, but when family a friends can't get over or don't want to we could have a guild or friends list for all the members here.

This type of game would have no problem to cross platforms so pc players could play with xbox etc.

This to me would be the best thing ffp could implement, bring all their fans together.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand Binary, and those that don't
08-15-2012, 07:26 PM
(08-15-2012 07:27 AM)sean of the dead Wrote:  I would love them to bring in out on pc/xbox , they could release each one separately under the same shell, allowing a menu to hold last night, attack from, etc etc. Board game boxes could be printed with a code to allow you to unlock that game, expansion or supplement on your online game, they could do online game expansions without buying the boxed version if they wanted (maximum profit I suppose) but I personally think that'd be wrong, imo you're buying a board game / expansion with the ability to play it online with friends further afield.

I love playing irl on a board, It's part of the effect, but when family a friends can't get over or don't want to we could have a guild or friends list for all the members here.

This type of game would have no problem to cross platforms so pc players could play with xbox etc.

This to me would be the best thing ffp could implement, bring all their fans together.

This would be AWESOME. I must admit, I'd much rather play on the actual physical board game. However, this would be a GREAT way to play with people who aren't close by, or play with a bunch of fans of the game whether they live close to you or not. Imagine if all of us here on TZG could play together!

You could kind of think of it like online/pc or console versions of other board games. People will play them and have fun playing with people from all over the world, but it typically doesn't completely replace the official board game version. People still tend to play them as well.
08-15-2012, 09:15 PM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2012 09:16 PM by sean of the dead.)
Idd, I'd love to play much! more than I get to, but getting peeps together is the problem,an online version of the games, expansion and supplements youown would allow me to play pretty much when I wanted to, think... "there's an App for that" why notbring out an APP form. Last Night on EArth is a term based game, nobody says it hasto be played over a few hours, why not like other APP games, either in real time or when the person who's go it is is able to. Message popsup "StayPuff has made his move " I canthen make my move and send it when I'm able to.... and the game goes on. It may take an entire day or so to play but I could do it inbetween seing patients. Saving lives and slaying Zed's.... awsome!

Jason.. make it happen!

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand Binary, and those that don't
08-16-2012, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2012 07:58 PM by Ogthar.)
If you're looking for a way to play people online some of my friends made Roll20.net a few months back to run pen and paper RPGs online. I haven't used it, but I think that it might be able to handle LNoE possibly with only a few tweaks. I'm not sure how the cards might work, but especially with a two player game if everyone has their own physical box then each could use the physical cards. Not the perfect solution, but I think it could be great. It's free and I would have already tried it if my gaming group wasn't local.

Roll20.net
08-16-2012, 07:50 PM
(07-25-2012 09:56 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  
(01-13-2011 06:17 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  I would love the addition of some "Boss" characters. I love having one big behemoth that everyone is trying to take out at once. Maybe an expansion with 4 boss characters, a scenario for each, and rules for integrating them into existing scenarios (dot grades).

I was looking at some of the older threads, and when I saw this, I HAD to respond. That sounds like an awesome idea! I love this idea! I would love to see that.

Thanks Staypuft. I got a Freddy VS Jason Game for Christmas a couple of years ago, and it came with really cool minis that are about the same scale as the LNOE ones. I always meant to make a Freddy or Jason scenario so I could use them, but never did. If I ever do, I will be sure to post it up on this site.

[Image: freddygame.jpg]
08-16-2012, 08:26 PM
That's funny, Vikinglad. I actually had the same idea. I don't have that Freddy vs. Jason game yet, but I have heard of it and definitely want it.

I've actually been thinking of coming up with a Freddy Krueger custom scenario, or even a Freddy vs. Jason custom scenario. If I did, I'd definitely have to use some of those minis for the scenario.

I actually have some very basic thoughts in mind for a Freddy scenario, basically where he has somehow found a way to control the zombies. Haven't sit down to think about all the specifics, how you would battle Freddy, etc. Right now it is just a thought.
08-21-2012, 05:54 AM
Man, after reading what I missed out with not backing Zombicide (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cool...ombicide), it would be awesome if FFP could create a single-player version of LNOE for those that have to have LNOE with no friends to play with! I really dig how Zombicide is designed for single-player/coop gameplay, here's a video of a guy explaining the tutorial gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKQ3FMy_pQw. Pretty straightforward as it's not card-heavy in gameplay.

What FFP could do is design a Zombie deck that players pull from during the Zombie turn, which will dictate special turn events and zombie spawning. If I ever get my hands on Zombicide I would love to hybrid it with LNOE in creating a single-player/coop game that uses the Hero gameplay of LNOE but have the Zombie "AI" of Zombicide.
08-30-2012, 07:20 AM
(01-13-2011 02:54 PM)Orguss Wrote:  Think of things that are truly missing. FFP is notorious for adding a ludicrous amount of things the game doesn't need just for the fans to make newer scenarios.
  • New board tiles - I'd like to see new shapes for the tiles. I'd also love to see blank board tiles. Not solid white tiles, but green grass, rocks, etc. and no buildings so you can add your own. Perhaps building tiles that can adjoin a blank tile.
  • A scenario pack - More scenarios are awesome, but the reason I say this is I want the web scenarios and online only packs to have their own card stock. 10 scenarios for 20 bucks?

Great ideas. A reverseable standalone board that folds out, like most boardgames use, would be awesome. One side could be a wooded area with room for a few buildings and the other side could be two or four streets with a park in the middle. Then the buildings can be standalone tiles so you can arrange them how you want to. Then they could add a few more of these buildings for each expansion, including the scenario pack you suggested

(01-13-2011 06:17 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  I would love the addition of some "Boss" characters. I love having one big behemoth that everyone is trying to take out at once. Maybe an expansion with 4 boss characters, a scenario for each, and rules for integrating them into existing scenarios (dot grades).

I would definitely buy that

(08-14-2012 01:34 AM)Sharkey Wrote:  I would love to see a Military Expansion with a cliche squad make-up:
-the stoic leader
-the gruff sergeant
-the gung-ho
-the rookie
-the smartass
Would definitely like a larger urban map set-up for this kind of stuff!

A military themed expansion would be a great addition to the game. Better yet, make it a full blown standalone game compatible with LNOE and IFOS

For my suggestions, I would like to see FF pick up a pupular franchise (resident evil, dead rising, silent hill) and make a compatible game out of it
08-30-2012, 03:44 PM
(08-16-2012 07:14 PM)Ogthar Wrote:  Roll20.net

Roll20, btw, handles decks of cards and drawing and hands.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user