Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: In an expansion for your game?
New Rules
New Miniatures/Tokens
New Cards
New Tiles/Boards
New Player Characters
Other (explain)
Scenarios
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What makes you more excited?
11-14-2012, 08:29 PM
RE: What makes you more excited?
(11-14-2012 06:31 PM)mqstout Wrote:  
(11-14-2012 05:54 PM)wisdomknight Wrote:  You know I had "Scenarios" planned as an option.... and when I started typing in the options, I couldn't remember what I thought was missing!

Added it for ya. Hopefully people can re-vote.

Thanks MQS!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2012, 08:33 PM
I think "scenario" can describe a new way of playing a game. At first it doesn't seem applicable to ATOE since there's really just one scenario and that's to defeat the villain, but wouldn't it be nice if the ATOE mechanics are applied to a new game objective (e.g. first Hero to get items from all locations before the Shadow Track reaches the end, etc.). Would that be considered as new rules?
11-14-2012, 08:36 PM
I chose Characters (I would include Townsfolk too). I see each LNoE game as a story. Extra Characters gives me a wider scope when writing Game Reports and adds more variations/options to each game.
Find all posts by this user
11-14-2012, 08:36 PM
I'm going to say new (or updated) characters. But I also like new scenarios a lot.
11-14-2012, 09:01 PM (This post was last modified: 11-14-2012 09:02 PM by StayPuft.)
To be honest it all gets me really excited! I love it all! But, you were asking us to pick one and vote. ;-) LOL!

So, when it comes right down to it...

Honorable mention goes to both new characters and new miniatures. I LOVE both, and love how both give a quick new flair to the game you already love.

But, I went with scenarios. To me, the scenarios are what most make the game varied. I love to get new characters. I love to get new cards (weapons, events, or whatever the case may be for the game in question), I love to get ANYTHING new. But, what most makes the game different is the different scenarios. They are what make each game feel different, exciting, new.

Granted, I love to have new characters to play from time to time, I like to have new weapons to use or events to play...

But when it comes right down to it, it doesn't make it feel as new and different as a new scenario. When there is some kind of cool and fun new objective that you are trying to do, that is what really adds spice to the game if you ask me. It is also what sets games like Last Night On Earth apart from games like Monopoly, or Life, or stuff like that. No matter how many times you play, those games are always essentially the same game. Same objective(s), same actions, same basic gameplay. Games like LNOE can be radically different depending upon which scenario you play.
11-14-2012, 09:19 PM (This post was last modified: 11-14-2012 10:25 PM by scarydk.)
(11-14-2012 03:38 AM)Bokya Wrote:  In that case, I vote new cards. Cards, I feel increase flexibility and playability of a game. Characters can do the same, but they only really make the players happier. In the case of Descent, or LNOE, the Overlord or Zombie Player, will be left wanting while the Hero players get buffed due to more options.

My sentiments exactly. I'm still waiting for the lawnmower inspired by Brain Dead. (EDIT: wrote Evil Dead which I saw the other night but was thinking of Brain Dead. It's still my #1 zombie movie. Great fun)

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
11-14-2012, 10:09 PM
The Lawn Mower scene's in Brain Dead (AKA) Dead/Alive. That would be hilariousZombie17
11-14-2012, 10:23 PM
(11-14-2012 10:09 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  The Lawn Mower scene's in Brain Dead (AKA) Dead/Alive. That would be hilariousZombie17

Yup. Watchmen02

A baby stroller miniature for a zombie baby boss could be a fun add on too.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
11-15-2012, 01:24 AM
Probably characters or miniatures, but you can't really have one without the other, can you?
11-15-2012, 03:02 AM
(11-15-2012 01:24 AM)themanfromsaturn Wrote:  Probably characters or miniatures, but you can't really have one without the other, can you?

you sure can!

Tokens Watchmen02