Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: In an expansion for your game?
New Rules
New Miniatures/Tokens
New Cards
New Tiles/Boards
New Player Characters
Other (explain)
Scenarios
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What makes you more excited?
11-15-2012, 07:32 PM
RE: What makes you more excited?
(11-15-2012 03:02 AM)wisdomknight Wrote:  
(11-15-2012 01:24 AM)themanfromsaturn Wrote:  Probably characters or miniatures, but you can't really have one without the other, can you?

you sure can!

Tokens Watchmen02

Sorry, my OCD (and when I say OCD, what I actually mean is pedantic fiddliness, not any kind of bonafide psychological disorder- but then again, doesn't almost everyone?) would never allow that kind of thing!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2012, 08:34 PM
(11-14-2012 09:19 PM)scarydk Wrote:  
(11-14-2012 03:38 AM)Bokya Wrote:  In that case, I vote new cards. Cards, I feel increase flexibility and playability of a game. Characters can do the same, but they only really make the players happier. In the case of Descent, or LNOE, the Overlord or Zombie Player, will be left wanting while the Hero players get buffed due to more options.

My sentiments exactly. I'm still waiting for the lawnmower inspired by Brain Dead. (EDIT: wrote Evil Dead which I saw the other night but was thinking of Brain Dead. It's still my #1 zombie movie. Great fun)

Can't say I have seen that one. I will definitely have to check it out. That sounds funny.
11-15-2012, 09:49 PM
I picked other because it really depends on the quality and my personal opinion of the pieces offered- a zombie pirate villain for ATOE would convince me to buy an expansion over a new mini for example, but a really cracking mini might sway me over a different new villain.

my ideal expansion would be to have a little bit of everything, but tied together nicely by a theme.

For instance a downed helicopter scenario, complete with a couple of special counters for certain new rules, a few extra cards, all themed with the new scenario. Then maybe two new characters with mininiatures that tie in with the story of the scenario.
11-15-2012, 10:04 PM
(11-15-2012 08:34 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  
(11-14-2012 03:38 AM)Bokya Wrote:  In that case, I vote new cards. Cards, I feel increase flexibility and playability of a game. Characters can do the same, but they only really make the players happier. In the case of Descent, or LNOE, the Overlord or Zombie Player, will be left wanting while the Hero players get buffed due to more options.

My sentiments exactly. I'm still waiting for the lawnmower inspired by Brain Dead. (EDIT: wrote Evil Dead which I saw the other night but was thinking of Brain Dead. It's still my #1 zombie movie. Great fun)

Can't say I have seen that one. I will definitely have to check it out. That sounds funny.

Then you should convince your wife that you NEED to join the secret santa event here on TZG! :-)

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-16-2012, 07:06 PM
I choose other because I like more variety to my games. And choosing any of these things would have made sense but I like most of them.
11-16-2012, 08:28 PM
(11-15-2012 10:04 PM)scarydk Wrote:  

Then you should convince your wife that you NEED to join the secret santa event here on TZG! :-)

LOL! It isn't my wife holding me back, it's our wallets. ;-) The holidays tend to rack up the bills enough already that it is pretty tight. I really wish I could participate, because I've done one before at a different site and it was a lot of fun. Hopefully by next year I'm bringing in more money and can join in.
11-17-2012, 03:56 PM
I love new scenarios in games. It just makes the entire thing feel brand new while still being something old and great.

If you are reading this you are already too late...
11-17-2012, 10:27 PM
(11-16-2012 08:28 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  
(11-15-2012 10:04 PM)scarydk Wrote:  
LOL! It isn't my wife holding me back, it's our wallets. ;-) The holidays tend to rack up the bills enough already that it is pretty tight. I really wish I could participate, because I've done one before at a different site and it was a lot of fun. Hopefully by next year I'm bringing in more money and can join in.
In the spirit of the holiday season, PM me your postal address. I'm sure you're a worthy target for Sandy Claws anyway...

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-18-2012, 03:57 AM
Cards and more cards!!!! Watchmen02
11-18-2012, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2012 10:26 AM by ForestRunner.)
Using LNoE as model profile: +1 for Scenarios. For me new Scenarios bring new mechanics, new mindsets and to a degree new rules dependent on the Scenario. In LNoE terms new Scenario beneficial for both Hero & Zombie sides.

Similar to what has been posted, varies from game to game. Using AToE as a model profile, I'd say Cards.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...