Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
YOU WANT SCARES+NIGHTMARES? PLAY DEAD SPACE 2
06-11-2011, 01:55 PM
YOU WANT SCARES+NIGHTMARES? PLAY DEAD SPACE 2
Jumped out of skin? Check
Played it in the dark? check
Didn't want to sleep with light off? check
God damn mindbending nightmares about necromorphs? check
Zealot Mode straight off and severly brutalised? check

Wow! What a game I really liked the first one. This one is better. More scares better graphics, sound and gameplay. I'm just downloading the expansion Severed. I will add on here what I think of that. The necromorphs are basically space zombies (adults, children and even babies yep I know sick as...).

I recommend this game for all you horror lovers this will make you jump more than any film and get under your skin. The stars have now lost their magic all I see is unknown horrors waiting on the edge of the galaxy to utterly destroy as all.

"It shall not find me. God, that hand! The window! the window!"
For those who know that quote there's even a guy in the game called Howard Phillips. Put it this way he's not very well...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2011, 02:22 AM
RE: YOU WANT SCARES+NIGHTMARES? PLAY DEAD SPACE 2
Just started playing this the other day...very very creepy. Right from the start, when you see your girlfriend crawling up the table...Wow...
06-12-2011, 10:38 AM
I have it and the first one for Xbox360.
Stuck at the end though...I just can't seem to kill........well you'll find out Watchmen02

Try playing the game with a 5.1 Surround Headset in the dark..............

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-12-2011, 11:29 AM
(06-12-2011 10:38 AM)Emp Wrote:  I have it and the first one for Xbox360.
Stuck at the end though...I just can't seem to kill........well you'll find out Watchmen02

Try playing the game with a 5.1 Surround Headset in the dark..............

Yep 5.1 HD surround sound rules you can hear 'em creepin' around you. Damn that's one badass game!
06-12-2011, 06:59 PM
It sure is. I did however find the first one much harder to survive/get trough.
Much larger baddies Watchmen02 (remember that thing that grabs you by the leg?)

I am the reason God stopped watching.
06-12-2011, 07:12 PM
(06-12-2011 06:59 PM)Emp Wrote:  It sure is. I did however find the first one much harder to survive/get trough.
Much larger baddies Watchmen02 (remember that thing that grabs you by the leg?)

Yeah I do damn hard game. I got platinum on it. There's no chance I'll get platinum on DS2 though. (Hard core mode finish the game with only 3 saves)!
06-14-2011, 12:12 AM
I really want to play this one! I played through the first one ALL the way 3 times and half way another 2 times. Never finished on Super Expert death mode or what ever the hardest difficulty was. Anyway, been shelling out way too much money on games... of all kinds lately, so waiting for this one to go down in price a little, while I enjoy my new Nazi Zombies expansion on Black ops while it's new ^_^

Thanks for the recommendation!
06-15-2011, 06:40 PM
I just got this game via my rental service (gamefly)....and I played through the first few scenes of it....I'm not sure what it was, but jeebus, I didn't feel like playing it anymore. I was queasy and very edgy. I'm assuming thats a great thing, but holy cow, I did not expect that feeling.

I did play all the way through the first, but cannot remember being so affected.

Zalgo....he comes.
06-16-2011, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2011 02:03 PM by samuraitrev.)
(06-15-2011 06:40 PM)supervike Wrote:  I just got this game via my rental service (gamefly)....and I played through the first few scenes of it....I'm not sure what it was, but jeebus, I didn't feel like playing it anymore. I was queasy and very edgy. I'm assuming thats a great thing, but holy cow, I did not expect that feeling.

I did play all the way through the first, but cannot remember being so affected.

It gets worse. I would say it's more edgy even than Silent Hill 2 and Dead Space 1. Some parts are a nightmare. I've just finished the DLC for it. It's called Severed pretty tough on Zealot mode... I'd like to hear if anyone else has finished Dead Space 2 on Zealot mode?
07-04-2011, 08:08 AM
I can't wait for the Steam sales around the holidays... hopefully I can get it cheap hehe. I absolutely loved the first game, and can't wait to try this one.