Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
You know you are too obsessed with this game when...
06-29-2012, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2012 05:45 PM by StayPuft.)
You know you are too obsessed with this game when...
I thought this could be fun and perhaps even funny to start our own list of ways you can tell if you are too obsessed with Last Night On Earth. Bonus points if you've actually done any of the things you add to the list. LOL! I will get us started.

1. Things that have NOTHING to do with zombies still make you think of Last Night On Earth.

I am actually guilty of this one! LOL! Random stuff keeps making me think of LNOE lately. Recently, I watched the Nostalgia Critic's review of Signs. For some reason, watching it and remembering the movie Signs kept making me think of LNOE. The fact that Mel Gibson's character was a Father (Father Joseph). The cop, even though she was a lady, kept making me think of Sheriff Anderson. Even some of the situations and stuff made me think of the game.

...Starting to think my obsession is getting a wee bit out of hand. LOL!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2012, 07:40 PM
RE: You know you are too obsessed with this game when...
2. Every time your wife suggests watching a film, you scour the house and internet for a Zombie movie..
Seriously, she is getting sick of it now!!!

Not the face!! Not the face!!
06-29-2012, 08:11 PM
3. You sometimes open up your personally modified storage box for LNOE and just make sure everything is still there.
06-29-2012, 09:34 PM
4. You sometimes like to just open the box up to look at all the game pieces (the figures, the scenario cards, the zombie and hero decks, etc.) or even just look at the box itself, and it actually makes you feel happy.
06-29-2012, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2012 10:02 PM by mqstout.)
(5) You moderate a forum devoted to said board game and check it regularly, often even when on vacation.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-29-2012, 10:48 PM
(6) When driving to work the weather guy says almost daily "There's going to be plenty of Heavy Rain today"
06-29-2012, 11:08 PM
(06-29-2012 10:48 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  (6) When driving to work the weather guy says almost daily "There's going to be plenty of Heavy Rain today"

Ha ha. Guilty as charged.

Great thread, StayPuft.

7. When reciting quotes from Hero Character Sheets or Cards in any non zombie related context.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-30-2012, 04:25 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2012 06:26 AM by ForestRunner.)
8. When you relate people you know, or see in public, to the appearance of the in-game characters. (on two occasions I've come close to misquoting peoples names based on the characters!... but have fallen short of blurting it out).

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
07-02-2012, 08:45 AM
9. Checking items that you get your hands on if they could be nice zombie killers or not
07-02-2012, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2012 08:43 PM by StayPuft.)
(07-02-2012 08:45 AM)argailwall Wrote:  9. Checking items that you get your hands on if they could be nice zombie killers or not

LOL! Oh, now come on. Who doesn't do this anyway?

10. In video games that allow you to create characters (even if not zombie related) you create some of the characters from the game.

I've actually done that in the latest WWE video game, WWE '12. LOL! I'm not very good at artistic stuff, so they aren't great, but they are at least close enough that you'd get the idea if you knew the game.