Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Zombie Card idea - Gunshot attracts zombies
11-21-2012, 09:47 PM
RE: Zombie Card idea - Gunshot attracts zombies
(11-21-2012 09:11 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  You've only seen the first 3 episodes of season 2? Hmmm.... *Evil Laughter* Then you haven't yet seen that Rick gets a sex change, and he and Shane start dating until Rick goes crazy later in the season and kills half the team because he is pissed that living in the middle of the zombie apocalypse means he can never get the official surgery and will have to always live as a pre-op transgender person.

... In case you didn't already figure out, I made every single word of that up. LOL!

He he... And you say you don't have an idea for a WD scenario. Watchmen02 All we need now is a transgender rule! Zombie03

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2012, 10:40 PM
(11-21-2012 09:47 PM)scarydk Wrote:  
(11-21-2012 09:11 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  You've only seen the first 3 episodes of season 2? Hmmm.... *Evil Laughter* Then you haven't yet seen that Rick gets a sex change, and he and Shane start dating until Rick goes crazy later in the season and kills half the team because he is pissed that living in the middle of the zombie apocalypse means he can never get the official surgery and will have to always live as a pre-op transgender person.

... In case you didn't already figure out, I made every single word of that up. LOL!

He he... And you say you don't have an idea for a WD scenario. Watchmen02 All we need now is a transgender rule! Zombie03

Puts a new spin on the... "This Could Be Our Last Night on Earth"... cards Zombie22

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
Find all posts by this user
11-22-2012, 08:07 PM
So, if the new Gunshot Attracts Zombies house rule(s) has been generally accepted as a good idea and gives more tactical options to the heroes, I think one of the Pistol cards should be treated as a Crossbow. Treat as a Pistol, including Out of Ammo risk, but it is silent and does not trigger (pun intended) the Gunshot Attracts Zombies rule.

This gives the heroes the option of killing quietly.
11-27-2012, 10:04 AM
(11-21-2012 11:11 AM)scarydk Wrote:  After having seen the first three episodes of season 2 of the Walking Dead, I can see what inspired you. There's a lot of sneaking around going on. Looks like there could be an excellent new custom scenario in that.

Having now seen all episodes I think that 'Always Zombie Heroes' and 'Zombies Autospawn' needs to be included in any WD scenario!

(11-22-2012 08:07 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  So, if the new Gunshot Attracts Zombies house rule(s) has been generally accepted as a good idea and gives more tactical options to the heroes, I think one of the Pistol cards should be treated as a Crossbow. Treat as a Pistol, including Out of Ammo risk, but it is silent and does not trigger (pun intended) the Gunshot Attracts Zombies rule.

I personally think it makes more sense to let all weapon items attract zombies but you do have a point. Perhaps a new Hero Card 'Silencer' could do the trick? I'm still looking for a way to print custom cards to make them look and feel like the original FFP ones, though...

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-27-2012, 07:09 PM
Mad props to whoever came up with this idea. I just came up with a rough draft of a Walking Dead variant, and definitely implimented this idea. It totally changes the pace of the game, but in a good way.
11-27-2012, 08:39 PM
(11-21-2012 09:47 PM)scarydk Wrote:  He he... And you say you don't have an idea for a WD scenario. Watchmen02 All we need now is a transgender rule! Zombie03

LOL! Oh my god! I wonder what that rule would be.

(11-21-2012 10:40 PM)ForestRunner Wrote:  Puts a new spin on the... "This Could Be Our Last Night on Earth"... cards Zombie22

Somehow, I could picture the Drifter being on a new version of this card, with really bad lip stick and eye shadow. LOL! For some reason, he strikes me as the most disturbing of the group to see in drag. :-P

(11-22-2012 08:07 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  So, if the new Gunshot Attracts Zombies house rule(s) has been generally accepted as a good idea and gives more tactical options to the heroes, I think one of the Pistol cards should be treated as a Crossbow. Treat as a Pistol, including Out of Ammo risk, but it is silent and does not trigger (pun intended) the Gunshot Attracts Zombies rule.

Ooo! I like that! Or you could just include a new custom card for the Crossbow. Just like the one Daryl uses. I agree. I think that is a cool idea. Might even help to have a few more silent weapons like machettes and such.

(11-27-2012 10:04 AM)scarydk Wrote:  Having now seen all episodes I think that 'Always Zombie Heroes' and 'Zombies Autospawn' needs to be included in any WD scenario!

Yeah! Or, what could actually be kind of cool is to have it start off normal, but then when you get into later rounds, "Zombies Autospawn" comes into play. I think that could be unique and cool because I'm not aware of any other scenarios that do that. Plus, it always seems like the early episodes (well, for the most part, anyway) of The Walking Dead includes less zombies, and it ramps up more and more as the season goes on.

(11-27-2012 07:09 PM)korora1289 Wrote:  Mad props to whoever came up with this idea. I just came up with a rough draft of a Walking Dead variant, and definitely implimented this idea. It totally changes the pace of the game, but in a good way.

Awesome! Please do share when you complete it! I think we'd all love to see!
12-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Could this card works either way? For example a zombie and a hero are toe to toe, from somewhere the sound of a shot cost the attraction of the zombie, which has to leave to meal he was looking for and moves one square away from the hero?

It could be part of rolling a D6...just my 5 cents...
12-31-2012, 08:25 PM
(12-30-2012 07:20 PM)Onemangang Wrote:  Could this card works either way? For example a zombie and a hero are toe to toe, from somewhere the sound of a shot cost the attraction of the zombie, which has to leave to meal he was looking for and moves one square away from the hero?

I can definitely see that one going either way. Personally, I would opt not to do this. I would think Zombie Hunger would cause them not to leave a hero when they are already in their space.

However, I can definitely see going with this if you'd want. Thematically, I can definitely imagine them, very animalistically, being suddenly distracted by a loud noise, and therefore they lose their concentration, forgetting the hero they were about to attack and going after the noise.

So, I could see people using this one either way. Cool idea.
01-02-2013, 01:14 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2013 01:20 AM by ForestRunner.)
(12-30-2012 07:20 PM)Onemangang Wrote:  Could this card works either way? For example a zombie and a hero are toe to toe, from somewhere the sound of a shot cost the attraction of the zombie, which has to leave to meal he was looking for and moves one square away from the hero?

I'd personally opt not to go with this. Zombie Hunger is one of the chief mechanics/rules of the game that I believe this concept would break.

Thematically and logically, the zombie is fuelled by the insatiable need to feed. Under no circumstance will it leave it's space to go elsewhere.

(I just got this mental image of zombie Maverick & Goose - "I feel the need... the need for feed" - I know...lame)

Each to their own when it comes to house rules, but I'm just putting my perspective on it. I'm just a bit of stickler when it comes to not altering basic mechanics/rules, unless there's a need to fix something that's broken (which LNoE is not) or feasible/logical reason to do so.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
01-02-2013, 08:59 PM
I can definitely see what you mean, ForestRunner. I definitely agree with you in large part. Like I said, that is what I would personally prefer as well. I think Zombie Hunger is one of the coolest parts of the game in the first place.

But, as I said, I could actually see it argued both ways. Normally, I'd agree with you. If a zombie sees a meal, they are NOT going to be able to focus on anything else except feeding time.

That said, thematically I think of zombies as being very animalistic. So, I could imagine them being about ready to attack somebody, then being distracted by a loud noise. I could easily see an animal doing that, even if they are a predator about to go after their prey. So, I could personally give it a pass if a zombie did it. Probably not if they were currently in the process of a fight, but with the way the turns happen, they wouldn't be anyway.