Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zombie Strategies (How do you handle playing zombies?)
12-03-2010, 01:47 AM
RE: Zombie Strategies (How do you handle playing zombies?)
(12-02-2010 09:40 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  
(12-02-2010 08:03 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Always take out the weaker ones first (students) and go for the 4 hero kill win.

I have been wondering about this for some time. Don't the rules say the zeds win when they kill 2 heros? Is this only for certain scenarios? How could you ever get more than 1 zombie hero? I don't have any expansions yet; is this why? Thanks for helping a noob out.

My wife and I started playing with different levels of victory. Everything from 4 heros finish (Ultimate hero win) to all 4 are killed (Ultimate zombie win).

They only need to kill 2 for the basic Die, Zombies, Die! scenario. The standard amount Zombies need to win is 4 Heroes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2010, 10:55 AM
When playing the Zeds, think board control. I agree with the abovementioned analysis of Z strategies, but after a while you have to think broader than burning through the deck and getting the weakest. Apply a force of max 3 Zs on a weak character, and use 2 - 3 to block her escape. Put a moderate pressure on the other heroes to stop them from aiding her, and use the rest to block off important squares/threaten the heroes to stop them from searching...

Cheerio,
ST

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
01-24-2011, 06:51 PM
I tend to try to walk my zombies along in a line so they can't zigzag through them when they move and get to the other side of the board. With 9 Zs you can make a line completely across the board, reinforce some dorrways and leave a couple in a back row to fill in on fights. Seems to work pretty well.
01-24-2011, 07:34 PM
(01-24-2011 06:51 PM)stick Wrote:  I tend to try to walk my zombies along in a line so they can't zigzag through them when they move and get to the other side of the board. With 9 Zs you can make a line completely across the board, reinforce some dorrways and leave a couple in a back row to fill in on fights. Seems to work pretty well.

Ah, the ol' Red Rover tactic.
I rarely play as the zeds, but from my Hero view-point, cycling the deck and isolation tend to do the trick.
01-24-2011, 10:38 PM
RED ROVER!! Watchmen02 I love it! Now I have a name for it too. We're starting a Wings of war campaign wednesday but also trying out the new LNOE supplements so it should be a good night.
01-25-2011, 01:10 AM
Yes, ALWAYS use every card you can... the best advantage of the zombies is that you can always draw cards. That is your life line... or death line if you will!
02-02-2011, 08:24 PM
I found that blocking doors and then using using multiple combat bonus cards can kill a hero quickly
02-02-2011, 09:39 PM
yep.. the locked and lights out do tend to help coral the hero's a bit. and taken over as well.. Watchmen02
02-05-2011, 11:10 PM
I typically don't keep any card for more than two or three turns. My strategy is to use the cards as much as possible and inflict as much damage as I can as the game progresses.
02-05-2011, 11:27 PM
yep.. I burn my cards as fast as I can unless i hold one for a specific task.. even then.. I don't hold them long..

not uncommon to have used 3 out of my 4 by the time my turn comes back around.. then can discard one if needed...