Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: Which side do you play?
Hero
Zombie
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
are you a zombie or a hero?
07-05-2011, 03:17 PM
RE: are you a zombie or a hero?
I tend to play zombies, and I'm finding it to be an interesting primer in DMing. I've wanted to DM a pen-and-paper game for a while, but been nervous that I might not be able to do a good job, but playing LNOE as the "ZM" is doing wonders for my confidence Zombie17
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Thanatos, maybe I'll write up a little something just for that transition.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-19-2011, 12:44 AM
I invariably play the zombies when I get a chance to play. I'm sure it's because I'm primarily a GM when we play RPG's and am more familiar with the game and therefore can multitask it better than a new player running a single hero. That, and I own the game and get more of a chance to read the rules in my spare time...

"Do you like psychology? I don't. I used to think the human brain was the most fascinating part of the body. Then I realized... look what's telling me this."
--- Emo Phillips
07-23-2011, 11:02 AM
I like playing zombies, unfortunately my younger sister likes playing zombies as well and I can't really say no to that...
07-23-2011, 04:58 PM
We randomly choose who plays what.

Keeps me from regressing back to childhood and kicking the table over when I lose Zombie03
07-26-2011, 03:03 PM
When we first got this game back in late 07, my friends always played zombies and truly believed they were "overpowered".

So from then on, I played humans and made strategies on how to win the different campaigns with them. In the end, they make me flip a coin to pick which side I'm on, because my human teams win Zombie03
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-06-2011, 12:59 AM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2011 08:28 PM by Esturk.)
I like to play the hero side, but I always end up playing zombies. I guess its because I introduced all my players to the game by letting them be heroes. Guess they got it in their skulls I was always going to be zombies. It's cool though, I'm the only zombie player who really does well in our group.

EDIT: I hate posting from my phone, auto-correct gets the best of me too often.

Should you wish to get to know me better I suggest you read my bio as it is absolutely true.
08-14-2011, 10:04 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2011 10:05 PM by abomination.)
I feel I have more control over the game as a zombie. I also dont have to worry about teamates actions as much.
07-09-2012, 09:56 PM
I actually prefer playing the hero side. I'm not quite sure why, as I do like getting to play the "bad guy" character sometimes. Though... I guess I do tend to lean towards the side of the good guys.

Even so, I'm really into zombies and other stuff like that, so you'd think I'd tend toward playing as the zombies. But... I dunno... for some reason the idea of facing off against zombies appeals to me just a bit more than playing as them.

Granted, playing either side is tons of fun. I just happen to prefer the heroes side. I think part of that is because the heroes tend to do more. They usually have to find something, or do something, in addition to any fights that may happen. Usually, the zombies just have to try to kill heroes. I would still ove to play as the zombies, but I just prefer the heroes.
07-10-2012, 03:18 AM
I almost always play zombies when I'm playing this, but it's more because I'm usually teaching the game. I think my whole group knows the game now, though... Maybe I'll get to play heroes again soon.