Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[split] Mice and Mystics
01-24-2013, 04:02 AM
[split] Mice and Mystics
(01-23-2013 09:59 PM)alderdust Wrote:  
(01-23-2013 08:33 PM)Wasteland Jack Wrote:  I still don't quite get the whole badge thing. I just read posts, usually rules and stuff.

Just a way to portray what games you love. I have a LNOE, Pandemic, and Mice and Mystics currently.

Are you digging Mice and Mystics? I was considering it for a story telling game for my gf and me but she wasn't keen on the them (I am on the fence). I just traded for Mansions of Mansions instead hoping that fills the void.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2013, 04:19 AM
RE: [split] Mice and Mystics
I wonder the same. I couldn't tell how to feel about the game from the info I saw about it on BGG.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-24-2013, 05:00 AM
M&M,just didn't appeal to me,somehow gaming with mice
just seems wrong.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
01-24-2013, 12:44 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2013 04:28 PM by alderdust.)
I love it but then again the redwall books filled my childhood and I fell in love with those stories! I love the quality of the tiles and minis and the game dynamic of the minion wheel is new! This is the first dungeon crawl ive ever played though so I have nothing to compare to.
01-24-2013, 04:29 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2013 05:51 PM by alderdust.)
(01-24-2013 04:19 AM)mqstout Wrote:  I wonder the same. I couldn't tell how to feel about the game from the info I saw about it on BGG.

Have you watched the WatchItPlayed Series with Rodney Smith? This is a link to the How to play you should be able to watch there gameplay videos from there.

http://youtu.be/K3ytmBjB6bY
01-24-2013, 05:21 PM
I would buy it if it wasn't so expensive. When I saw it I thought of Mouse Guard, which I like, so I don't have a problem with playing mice. M&M seems like a nice production, and I might pick it up later on.

"What is it about a zombie that appeals to me? I don't know. Maybe that it's just the most possible - I don't know - of all the supernatural entities."
- Scott Ian
01-24-2013, 05:42 PM
Coolstuffinc.com has it was $48.99 with i think about $10 shipping. Thats the cheapest I have seen it. If you get it off the PHG website it comes with two promo cards but I believe is $74.95 with $12.96 shipping. It is out of stock in most places and when it comes in stock is back out in less than 24 hours.
01-24-2013, 09:01 PM
That's great, might give Coolstuff a go next time. "My" online retailer charges $119 for it with shipping on top of that. Boardgames are quite expensive in Norway, like everything else. Thanks for the tip!

"What is it about a zombie that appeals to me? I don't know. Maybe that it's just the most possible - I don't know - of all the supernatural entities."
- Scott Ian
01-25-2013, 03:25 AM
Video looked great, thanks. I didn't know it was there. My BF and I both like how it looks. We'll probably pick it up in a few months.

It looks like the love child of Mansions of Madness and Super Dungeon Explore.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-25-2013, 04:50 PM
(01-25-2013 03:25 AM)mqstout Wrote:  Video looked great, thanks. I didn't know it was there. My BF and I both like how it looks. We'll probably pick it up in a few months.

It looks like the love child of Mansions of Madness and Super Dungeon Explore.

Have you seen the watch it played series where Rodney Smith and his kid play Chapter 1? If not it really pulls you into the game I think its 10 or 11 videos that are about 10 min each.

Here is a link to the playlist. I suggest giving it a watch he explains the game dynamics a little more as well.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLH...fu6tkaaklw