Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
usernames/avatar background stories - share yours
04-05-2013, 03:14 PM
RE: usernames/avatar background stories - share yours
(04-05-2013 01:59 PM)mqstout Wrote:  Thanks OD, merged.

HAHA....NICE!!!!
I apologize for the redundancy.
Zombie15

If it was the last night on earth...I would spend it playing the Last Night on Earth.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2013, 04:00 PM
Redundancy's allowed. It let us dig up an old, forgotten thread for our enjoyment.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-05-2013, 06:44 PM
RE: What does your screen name (and/or Avatar) mean?
Hi wow, kewl thread Staypuft.

Wow, I play a stupid game, well lots of stupid games. Its called Darkon. google it darkon.org. Its a LARP, based off of D&D. Its uber great fun, really stupid times, nice people - when we are not killing each other - Anyway, and since you asked, not many people actually know this.

In order to play Darkon you need a role play name. You have to write your own spells, make you own armour/gear/weapons including arrows. They like things to be a period as they can be. ( I also did 1620's re-enactments too)

So i had to come up with a name, a sorta kewl name i liked. My name is not Jacquelyn, its Kristina. I play as a Ranger "bow slinging bitch"
Jacularis is Latin for Jesting
Lynn is Gaelic for a river, flow of water or water falls
Necro and Opolis are both Greek and mean dead and city, respectfully.

So, thats me. I keep the laughter going cause it love to laugh. Im always being silly or just plain stupid, and im ok with it. If you can make me laugh, and I can do the same for you. We can be friends for life.

Now after spending a couple of years in darkon things progressed. I eventually rose to some power and just claimed the name Princess. No, i was never actually Darkon Royalty, which Darkon does have. Hence,

Princess Jacquelyn Von Necroplois was born. I developed the persona over a decade ago, and have been having fun with it ever since. I dont limit "PJ" to just Darkon. I will dress up and go any where and do any thing. "dats da way i rollz"

When joined TZG i just typed PJON. I did not take this board seriously or think much of it. After about a month i was really impressed with the number of people on here. How active they are. How Zombie krazey they are.

I really do appreciate the people here. I know im stupid and stuborn. I know i can be difficutl too. I thank everyone for all their advise and understanding as well.

Thankz for having me at TZG.

ohhh the picture is a picture of me. Duh !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
04-08-2013, 09:13 PM
I have always been interested why people choose the online monikers they do. I think everyone takes on a separate identity when they go online to escape into their fantasy selves.

I am Wasteland Jack. Wanderer of the wastes. I peddle my wares non-discriminatorily to fiends and heroes alike.

Ok I confess, I didn't make W.J. up by myself. Actually, W.J. is based on a character from Fallout 3. He was a chem junkie/dealer in the wastes that the player would happen upon during a random encounter. I happened upon Wasteland jack whilst being chased by a super-pissed Super Mutant Behemoth. My character was down to his last health bar with no stimpaks left, and the heart beat sound blaring from the speakers (only Fallout fans will appreciate what I was going through). I went running into the wastes with the mutant on my tail when out of nowhere I automatically go into a dialogue screen with some NPC named Wasteland Jack. He offered me some chems as a decent price, enough to get my health back up a little bit and when I closed the dialog with him, Mr. Behemoth was strolling back from whence he had come. W.J. saved my character's life.

That is when I took on the persona of Wasteland Jack....Savior of the Wastes.

As for the avatar, W.J. is lost in his wastelands, wandering to find his way in the post-apocalyptic world, as am I, lost in my own world. Albeit, not lost in a bad way, but in a spiritual/self-understanding way. Because only when you are truly lost, can you find what you are looking for.

The actual pic comes from one of my favorite games of child hood:

[Image: 200px-Dark_tower_box_cover.jpg]
04-13-2013, 05:01 AM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2013 05:04 AM by Kevthenurse.)
Mine wasn't very creative, but my first name is Kevin, which I've shortened to "Kev" because I have always hated my first name. Originally I wanted to become a teacher but I have wanted to be a nurse since I was 25, when I took my first college speech class and figured out that teaching isn't for me. Public speaking is a common phobia, but I have some horrid physiological symptoms: dry mouth, stuttering, tremor, tachycardia, urinary incontinence (just kidding!), and light-headedness among others but I still wanted a "helper" career so I chose nursing. My grades were too low to get into a nursing program until now so as an inbetween option, I went to school for medical assisting.

Anybody without a criminal record can become a medical assistant, but it was a good enough boost to my grades that allowed me entrance into St Catherine's University.

As of this post, I am not really a nurse, but "kevthemedicalassistant" just doesn't have a very nice ring to it. I do expect to graduate at the end of the year though!

Well that was silly, I forgot the avatar part of the story!

This picture is a couple years old. There is a park in Downtown St Paul that has these sculptures of phoenexes (is that how you pluralize phoenix? <shrugs>). I wanted a new profile picture for facebook, so I got my friend to take a few shots of me wearing my scrubs in front of the sculpture to make it look like I had wings. The end result could be called a modern day take on Aesculapius, the Greek god of healing arts. I rather like it!
04-13-2013, 08:16 PM
My name comes from latin spiritus ex machina intended to mean the spirit that comes to you via the machine/computer or the spirit that communicates with you by computer.
(I feel a bit like explaining a joke at the moment - I'm quite sure most of you got the meaning in the first place).
I wanted to use this name at as many forums as possible and so I changed the "ex" to "X" which worked quite well until now.
My avatar comes from a jigsaw puzzle I just had to buy and I call him Zombie Cutie.
12-18-2013, 01:30 AM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2013 09:34 PM by SavageHenry82.)
This is my first Avatar so I just picked something I thought was fitting. I am really into Marvel comics and I thought the Marvel Zombies line had a lot of interesting images to choose from. As for my user name, it is a reference to one of my favorite books by Hunter S. Thompson, and my alias on pretty much all of the interwebs.Zombie02

Sometimes dead... is better
02-23-2014, 04:05 AM
I was struggling with a user name and looked at my gaming table. The game laying there was The Pathfinder Adventure card game and I was playing the adventure pack titled "The Skinsaw Murders". My Avatar is Peloquin from Nightbreed for those who do not know. Clive Barker my favorite author and writer of Cabal from which my favorite movie Nightbreed was born.

"Everything is true. God's an Astronaut. Oz is Over the Rainbow, and Midian is where the monsters live." ~ Peloquin
03-01-2014, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2014 11:56 AM by stevey.ferret.lord.)
Well. Stevey.ferret.lord is my email address, basically I have more than a couple rescue ferrets. In rural england some jerks release the jills when they come into season, as its cheaper than getting the jill jab and less effort than mating them. These jills tend to end up with me and I have them sorted out and look after them.
And the avatar is my left half of my head mirrored. I was pkayin about with the tablet camera and though it looked pretty messed up so...

(12-18-2013 01:30 AM)SavageHenry82 Wrote:  This is my first Avatar so I just picked something I thought was fitting. I am really into Marvel comics and I thought the Marvel Zombies line had a lot of interesting images to choose from. As for my user name, it is a reference to one of my favorite books by Hunter S. Thompson, and my alias on pretty much all of the interwebs.Zombie02

Hunter s Thompson rules!
03-01-2014, 11:31 PM
username is soundguy

as expected.. I ( among other things ) run sound for bands.. ie live sound.. some studio and audio for video stuff.. etc..

avatar is of one of my favorite things. a zombie.. and he's rokin out. so seemed to fit.