Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
variant deck scenarios
09-06-2011, 10:16 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2011 02:36 AM by abomination.)
variant deck scenarios
i have been looking over the internet for some different scenarios and came across one made by Grudunza at fortressat.com where he made different decks like a sun tracker deck where you flip a card every turn, and an outdoor encounters deck. I was woundering if anyone has played with these decks or even if anyone here has made anything similar. heres the link

http://fortressat.com/index.php/blogs-by...ia-artscow

Eating brains and taking names.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2011, 11:41 PM
RE: variant deck scenarios
Ive never herd of anything like that, can you post a link to the specific link you are talking about?

~If we are being chased by Zombies, I'm tripping you!!!Zombie13
09-07-2011, 12:59 AM
i'll try i'm not sure how to though

09-07-2011, 02:04 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2011 02:05 AM by Pred.)
find what you were reading and copy/paste the site your on into a post. Like the link to this site would be http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...-scenarios

09-07-2011, 02:37 AM
(09-07-2011 02:04 AM)Pred Wrote:  find what you were reading and copy/paste the site your on into a post. Like the link to this site would be http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...-scenarios

hey thanks for the quick lesson i've added the link

09-07-2011, 02:03 PM
That's actually around here somewhere. It was really dumb and convoluted.

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.
09-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Awesome I just checked your link out, and I think the Suntracker card deck is awesome idea! Plus it would help me remember to move it, since when I'm playing I always seems to forget. I didnt understand his concept of the other deck. Like would you have the option to draw from that deck if you roll a 1-2 on movement? It seems seems like it would be cool, I just didn't understand how its to be played I guess. I've made a custom scenario where you use the motorcycle with almost the same movement steps ( I plan on posting this scenario soon) so I like the general ideas he put in this deck. The Zombie hero ability's are really neat too, I'd like to download his printouts of these if they are available and try them out.
Cool find Abomination!

09-07-2011, 08:55 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2011 08:57 PM by Grudunza.)
Here's the thread that was posted here about that: http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...ia-Artscow

Quote:I didnt understand his concept of the other deck. Like would you have the option to draw from that deck if you roll a 1-2 on movement? It seems seems like it would be cool, I just didn't understand how its to be played I guess.

For the Outdoor Encounters...

If you end your movement outdoors and alone (no other figure in your space), you roll a die. If you roll a 1 or 2, you have an encounter. Draw an Outdoor Encounters card... the encounter from the card that applies is either based on whether that roll was a 1 or a 2, or on some other factor ("If the Sun Track is 8 or higher/7 or lower..." etc.). See the examples below. That may seem a little "convoluted," but the purpose was to be able to fit more encounters into the deck by having more than one on each card. Whether it's dumb or not is anyone's opinion. Zombie24 But I've tried these a few times and several others have commented to say they've used them and really liked them. They are meant to be a minimal addition that adds a little flavor and a few other options to the game.

[Image: LNOE_OE1.jpg]

You can use all 3 of the variants together (the Sun Track has no dots, the Outdoor Encounters has one dot for the Heroes, and the Zombie Hero Abilities has one dot for the Z's) or just one or two.

Enjoy!
09-07-2011, 09:15 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2011 09:17 PM by abomination.)
I really like the concept of the suntraker deck. is it something you still play with.

09-07-2011, 09:20 PM
I haven't played LNOE much the past year (after playing the heck out of it at a convention), but I still use these sometimes. The Sun Track Deck in particular is a very "mild" addition, though depending on the timing of what card comes out, it might have a big effect. But most things are relatively minor effects and they're only in play for one turn, so they may or may not have any impact. You can see what most of them are (and the other things) at this page: http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...-for-input I don't believe that all of those cards made the final cut, and there may have been a few more things added, but that'll give you a good idea of what's included.