Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
walking dead tv show
02-10-2011, 06:07 PM
RE: walking dead tv show
(02-10-2011 08:42 AM)Arctic Blast Wrote:  I really enjoyed Season 1, and I'm hoping Season 2 is good...but I'm worried. When the show's director cans the entire writing staff and says that he would prefer to bring in freelancers to write individual episodes...yikes.

I think that is a fabulous idea. One of the big problems that a long-term TV show about zombies is going to have is eventually it is going to be just a soap opera with zeds. Always going with free-lance writers will lessen that problem, perhaps at the cost of continuity, but I hope not.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2011, 06:15 PM
you say soap opera with zeds like that's a bad thing?? Watchmen02

I see it as a self limiting issue. since the zeds really don't eat anythingor are not alive to process food ( unlike the tv shows is possibly allowing with reanimation to some level of life ) and are slowly rotting away. seems if the humans can hold out a couple years the zeds will be gone?? no?

soundguy

Quote:I think that is a fabulous idea. One of the big problems that a long-term TV show about zombies is going to have is eventually it is going to be just a soap opera with zeds. Always going with free-lance writers will lessen that problem, perhaps at the cost of continuity, but I hope not.
02-10-2011, 06:37 PM
True, if they are truly deteriorating. If, however, the zombie virus causes regeneration (- very rapid at first- and then progressively slower and slower) AND zombies don't require "food" to stay "alive", then I would say attempting to wait them out will only make them stronger.

Mark

Zombie11

(02-10-2011 06:15 PM)soundguy Wrote:  you say soap opera with zeds like that's a bad thing?? Watchmen02

I see it as a self limiting issue. since the zeds really don't eat anythingor are not alive to process food ( unlike the tv shows is possibly allowing with reanimation to some level of life ) and are slowly rotting away. seems if the humans can hold out a couple years the zeds will be gone?? no?

soundguy
02-10-2011, 08:22 PM
unfortunately, the physics of it doesn't pan out.. at least not as we are seeing it.

if they move and or regenerate.. then they are using fuel. if they don't eat, they are not taking in fuel.. there is a net loss there. thermodynamics the way they are.. that either means they are perpetual motion machines.. or they should be loosing mass as they burn 'fuel' and not replenishing it.

only thing I can think of it is some kind of toxic mold / fungis infection.. AND it makes them photosynthetic. still.. even if.. it seems like diminishing returns. they are not taking in water and other minerals, even if they can photosynthesize some energy.. there should still be a net loss of mass.. and if all systems are not maintained.. then rot and more loss of mass, structure.. etc.. etc..

soundguy
02-11-2011, 12:23 AM
(02-10-2011 01:59 PM)Sarku Wrote:  I believe out of the 6 episodes that were Season 1, only 1 of them was by the writing staff. So if I'm correct, I don't think it will make that much of a difference.

Well if that's the case, worries are gone.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-24-2012, 10:40 PM
any word on when season 2 is hitting dvd?
07-24-2012, 11:42 PM
(07-24-2012 10:40 PM)soundguy Wrote:  any word on when season 2 is hitting dvd?

Just a guess, but I would assume they'll either A) put it around the time of season 3 or B) in time for Christmas.

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
07-26-2012, 02:37 PM
I think season 3 is supposed to come out on Halloween. I'm guessing they'll release Season 2 a couple of weeks before then to build up the excitement.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
07-26-2012, 03:52 PM
I am guessing that they will release the season 2 box set in September to help build hype. Also they will probably advertise for the box set after season 3 trailers.
07-26-2012, 06:59 PM
(07-26-2012 03:52 PM)avalanche5160 Wrote:  I am guessing that they will release the season 2 box set in September to help build hype. Also they will probably advertise for the box set after season 3 trailers.

UK release on 27 august.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"