Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
weapons youd like to see in the game.
08-13-2008, 04:08 PM
RE: weapons youd like to see in the game.
Quote:Skateboard -- +1 to outdoor movement rolls. You may discard Skateboard to move through a space with zombies without fighting them.
My version only provides the movement bonus while starting outdoors. It's sort of the opposite to "Heavy Rain". I also DO have a very potent discard ability on mine (cancel combat, and keep moving) that makes it very encouraging to use the card and stop getting the +1 movement bonus.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2008, 11:24 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2008 11:26 PM by Canadian Pittbull.)
the other weapons sound good but not keen on the skateboard since there is one in Zombies!!! And don't think it works with the theme since it would be funny to see some of the Heroes trying to use a skateboard.

"Knarly Beanplant Father Joesph!"

LOL!

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
Find all posts by this user
08-18-2008, 09:04 PM
Canadian Pittbull Wrote:the other weapons sound good but not keen on the skateboard since there is one in Zombies!!! And don't think it works with the theme since it would be funny to see some of the Heroes trying to use a skateboard.

"Knarly Beanplant Father Joesph!"

LOL!

cant see him with a chainsaw ether
12-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Emp Wrote:I can't think of something positive for the scope when it is not combined.

maybe discard to take the top card out of discard pile.
12-30-2008, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2008 05:46 PM by zomNomNomNom.)
Im not sure about the skateboard. The bonuses are fine yeah... but I cant get over the fact that the board is all grass. Cant it just be a pogo stick... or a segway with a detachable steering column to whack zombies with.

Personally if I were to use this card it would need a serious combat bonus like add or subtract one to one of your fight dice, breaks on 1-3. That way someone is more likely to use it to give up the +1 to movement especially if they are a character or have a card that allows them to kill on low doubles.

Also, the scope could have a +1 movement(up to maximum 6... 7 for billy) effect called Sure Step or something... where your hero can see farther down the path so they are more confident they wont hit zombies.
12-30-2008, 06:47 PM
zomNomNomNom Wrote:Personally if I were to use this card it would need a serious combat bonus like add or subtract one to one of your fight dice, breaks on 1-3. That way someone is more likely to use it to give up the +1 to movement especially if they are a character or have a card that allows them to kill on low doubles.

ya thats what i said.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
04-20-2011, 01:19 AM
Some cooler melee weapons.

And some armor. Could work for zombies too... some of them had to be an armed guard once.

And a nuke! Ooh I'm getting an idea for a new scenario where you have to destroy the entire town and get in the truck and escape! Ideas are bubbling!
05-01-2011, 01:37 AM
Kind of funny that a skateboard and hedge clippers totally are items now. The rifle too.
05-01-2011, 10:55 PM
(05-01-2011 01:37 AM)Russ Wrote:  Kind of funny that a skateboard and hedge clippers totally are items now. The rifle too.

haha yeah kinda funny. same thing with barricades, and alot of other stuff.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
07-24-2011, 09:40 PM
I only have LNOE (without expansions) so I don't know what new weapons have been added, nevertheless here's my ideas:

Serious ones:
Sword: on a roll of 5+ kills a zombie, breaks on roll of 1, 2

Flamethrower: range 2, hits all the zombies in a column of squares (including zombies that are on the same square of the hero), roll many times for every zombies in the range, on a roll of 3+ sets zombies on fire without killing them, kills on a roll of 6, on rolls of 1, 2 runs out of fuel. Flaming zombies sets fire on everything that could go on fire (needs fire spread rule).

Grenate: like dynamite but doesn't need fire to be used.

Bow: range 2, hits on 5+, on rolls of 1, 2 runs out of arrows (ammo clip cannot be used with bow) but you can retrieve arrows the next turn using a special search action (instead of drawing a card you get arrows, this search can be used outside), to make the special search roll a die, on a roll of 4+ arrows are retrieved

P90 (or other automatic gun): range 3, hits on 4+, on rolls of 1, 2 runs out of ammo, burst: shoot all the bullets to hit all the zombies on a square (on a roll of 4+ each), discard the weapon or ammo after this special attack

Not-so-serious ones:
Lightsaber: adds 2 fight dice, on a roll of 1, 2, 3 runs out of batteries... well: it's a cheap version... note: it doesn't grant jedi powers

Pokè ball: when you defeat a zombie and have a pokè ball equipped you can capture it, that zombie will be removed from game (it doesn't return in the zombie pool), now the hero can use the captured zombie which will obey to him, if that zombie is killed it returns to the zombie pool.

Magic wand: allow the hero to cast spells like: expelliarmus (to use against grave weapons), accio (allow a second search), disintegrate (kills a zombie or remove a barricade or makes a hole in a wall, dynamite or gas canister doesn't explode if hit by disintegrate), light (the hero ignores the effect of lights out), fireball (the same effect of dynamite), repello zombum (keeps zombies away from the square where there's the hero), summon P90 (because wizard runs out of spells, lasts for the next 2 turns); all spells, except for summon P90 lasts one turn or are instantaneous, on rolls of 1, 2 the hero runs out of mana: discard the wand or a mana potion. note: avada kedavra doesn't work on zombies (because they are already dead) but summoned P90 does

Mana potion: the magic version of ammo, since wizards can't eat bullets to restore their magic power

Portal gun: range 3, the hero can shoot two linked portals (blue and orange, the hero can choose which color) that allow everyone (including zombies) to instantly travel through them (from orange to blue and vice-versa), only one portal for each color can be active at the same time so if a second portal is shot the first one of the same color is deactivated

Sonic screwdriver: it's like a multi-use keys, it can be used to sonic-lock rooms (works like "blocked windows" card but only for the building where the hero is) on roll of 1, 2 it stops working

That's all...

...for now... Zombie05