Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Revealing Evil Elder, when?
10-30-2012, 08:47 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2012 09:00 PM by Achtung Panzer.)
RE: Revealing Evil Elder, when?
(10-30-2012 07:09 AM)LabRat Wrote:  Just to clarify, if I know (via investigation) that an elder is evil, in co-op mode he immediately sides with the villain when he dies?

Also, accusations only happen in competitive mode, right? No use for it in co-op/solo?

I'm new to the game too and have posted similar questions on BGG. I think my confusion comes from the 'peeking' rule / ability in co-op: do you reveal the card? The co-op rule says Secret cards are revealed (i.e. shown), but this is not the same as Secrets being Revealed (i.e. applied) as part of the Showdown Hunting Party / Accusation phase.

The FAQ says:

"Revealing Secrets
When a Hero looks at the Secrets of a Town Elder, they may reveal any of those Secrets. Any Secrets that are ‘Reveal Immediately’ must be revealed.
If the Hero is using a card or ability to look/peek at Secrets “without revealing them”, they may not reveal any of those Secrets. In this case however, Secrets listed as ‘Reveal Immediately’ may be revealed if the Hero likes."

When an Evil Secret card says "immediately flip and join the Villian" I think this only applies during the Showdown Hunting Party / Accusation phase, but you can see where the confusion comes from.

I'm glad it's not just me who is a little confused

(04-21-2012 11:27 AM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  2=No-only if/when that Elder is killed

OD

I thought a killed Town Elder (not in a Showdown) is turned sideways and keeps the Secrets, as they can still be later Accused and join the Villian in a Showdown, having 'faked' their own death.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Revealing Evil Elder, when? - Atraangelis - 04-16-2012, 01:58 PM
RE: Revealing Evil Elder, when? - LabRat - 10-30-2012, 07:09 AM
RE: Revealing Evil Elder, when? - Achtung Panzer - 10-30-2012 08:47 PM
RE: Revealing Evil Elder, when? - LabRat - 10-30-2012, 11:44 PM