Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What games have you bought recently?
03-17-2015, 08:33 PM
RE: What games have you bought recently?
That's funny. I would have sworn I had responded on this at some point. I've been KickStarting a bunch of new games. However, the only one I've actually bought recently was Arcadia Quest.

Sadly, I missed the KickStarter for this one, but I was able to get all of the KickStarter stuff for a pretty good price. Not much more than it would have cost me to get it all on KickStarter in the first place.

One of my gaming buddies brought it in and we all fell in love with it. The miniatures are big (big miniatures, LOL!) so they are awesome to paint!

I kind of think of the game as sort of being similar to a video game like Zelda. The basic idea is each player selects a guild of three heroes. You start with cards (magic powers, weapons, abilitles, etc.) that you assign as you see fit amongst the heroes. You earn gold as you go along during each round, and at the end of a round you can buy better stuff.

You have various quests you are trying to complete. (For example, you may have the goal of killing a specific monster type, you always have the goal to kill the somebody from the others teams, etc). The first player to complete three of the goals wins that particular round, and ends the round for everybody.

It is a lot of fun, especially as you start buying new goodies and leveling up. I highly recommend the game.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What games have you bought recently? - StayPuft - 03-17-2015 08:33 PM